AltaPointe Health Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Productive and fun work place
Behavior Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day is medication, meal preparation, BLS, documentation and safety. I learned that mentally ill patients did not ask to be ill. Therefore, they should be treated with dignity and respect. Management is awesome!! I have been employed with the company for almost ten years. Diversity is the work place culture and most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in someone life by being a good listener, and showing respect for each and every one.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
nothing
Unclean work place, unfair & dismissive management, patients often mistreated, and dangerous working conditions.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 17, 2017
I can honestly say the ONLY thing beneficial about this company is the insurance benefits. They constantly put female staff on male patients in extremely dangerous situations, the facility is downright disgusting, and most of the coordinators do absolutely NOTHING to assist in problems between staff or patients. Because of the multitude of problems that have taken place most of the staff that are/were good at their jobs have quit or gotten fired so they're even more short staffed than they already were and are consistently overworking what little staff is left.
Pros
Insurance
Official response from AltaPointe Health
May 22, 2017

Please contact our Employee Relations Manager at 251-660-2370 regarding any concerns that you have about your previous employment. We provide a culture of improvement for employees and consumers, and are always willing to listen and work toward remedies for all concerns.
Sincerely,
Human Resources

Hard job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 19, 2017
This is a very hard job. Management and company policy constantly change. There are long periods of time when the cencus is low. A typical day is twelve and a half hours. Long.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Unprofessional and Crude
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2016
I worked for the company for three months, I was a good employee and barely missed any time at all. We worked the days a week but they called us off most of the time. Right at my 3rd month my grandmother whom I took care of on my death bed passed away not to meantion I got really sick, and they fired me because I called off one day!!!!! I even fought to keep my job but they still fired me and wouldn't pay me for my PTO!!!! My experience there was horrible, they don't clean or dust so people are constantly sick. And they make you close into a room alone, one on one with dangerous consumers all night with no regard for your safety. Between this, and they petty management with there cliques, I don't see how they are still running!
Pros
None!
Cons
Low pay, nasty work place, unfair conditions
A productive workplace
CNA (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 15, 2012
This is an productive workplace with consumers and staffs .