AltaPointe Health Employee Reviews for Therapist

Productive and enjoyable interacting with the consumers
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2019
A good 8 to 4:30 job, with no weekends. Every few weeks I take 1 week of on-call, however am not compensated for that time. I have a great supervisor, very helpful and supportive. I work with wonderful staff who treat me very well. I enjoy working with the young men at the group home I oversee. My only negative about my job is my poor salary. For the years of experience I have, and with my skill-set, I feel that my salary is insulting.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Salary
Official response from AltaPointe Health
January 14, 2019

Please contact Human Resources at 660-2370 to discuss opportunities to earn more pay or to ask questions about how pay is determined and the total compensation package with benefits. We are grateful for your work and want you to feel satisfied with your compensation.

Horrible
Acute Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 27, 2017
Both the company and the management are horrible. They do not care about the children and very unethical. Very little job satisfaction and poor life/work balance. The company makes false promises. There is not work-life balance.
Official response from AltaPointe Health
January 2, 2018

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns; our employee relations manager is available to you at 251-660-2370. We can work together to determine how your position is not meeting your needs.

3 well spent years.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2017
3 well spent years. Long drive but nice people. The place was nice and clean with nice coffee. The computers worked and had very few to no rats which was nice.
Fast pace, well organized
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and the individuals worked with. There was a spirit of cooperation and a care and concern for the population that was served. Everyone worked together as a team.
Very Toxic Work Environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 14, 2014
Universal disrespectful dictatorial management style from the very top to upper middle management.

Overworked /underpaid front line staff and very middle management.

Everyone is paranoid and HR does not support or listen to direct staff.

No encouragement to actually help clients

Co-workers afraid of upper management

When I was left alone to do therapy or teach I loved it.

What I learned? To Thine Own Self Be True.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low Pay, No Raises, Poor Inexperience Supervisors
Horrible place to work*
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 6, 2013
"I think they are trying to turn into a private for profit system. That is the only reason I can think of why they are so worried about money and not so concerned with the care of "consumers". You are better off working for a private for profit company because they at least have some concerns for they people they serve. If you have a professional license such as a social worker or counselor, please avoid working for this horrible unethical company. I reported the company for neglect of consumers to DHR, and suffered dearly for this. This is no place for an ethical person that cares about the people they serve."*

* in my opinion.
Pros
None*
Cons
Only care about money among many reasons*
Unethical Practices/Doesn't Value Employees
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 28, 2013
This company is not the company to work for if you care about the well being of the population you serve. They are numbers driven and care about making money only. I understand it's a business and it requires money to run, but they are the helping profession and helping people should be their first priority.

A typical work week included 50 or more hours a week when only being compensated for 37.5 hours. If you took off work, planned or unplanned, the work that you left would be waiting on you when you return. Even when that work was time sensitive. Training is nonexistent.

The pay is very low and the work conditions are horrible. Everyone complains about the work environment and almost everyone is looking for another job. The benefits are expensive.

The only employees that are valued are the doctors. If you disagree with a doctor and voice you opinion about it then you will be reprimanded. In a nutshell, do whatever the doctor says to keep him happy whether you think it's best or not or if you feel it is unethical.

Your job duties will change/increase almost on a weekly basis or if they feel they can make more money by making your workload harder. There is little to no room for advancement unless you are a part of the "in crowd". Yes I said "in crowd" and yes there are clicks.

The practices of this company really needed to investigated because there are some things that go on that are not reported as they should and some things that should not be happening at all.
Pros
Cons
Most of my coworkers were a joy to work with during my time there.
Great company that focuses on Clinical Effectiveness
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 23, 2013
A typical day at work for a therapist involves seeing your clients that are scheduled by office staff and maintaining your up to date clinical notes. You stay very busy with clients and the focus is on client care and efficiency in paperwork. There is a large amount of paperwork that goes with this job, as with any clinical job that depends on insurance/Medicaid/Medicare for reimbursement.
Hours are great, usually M-F from 8am-4:30pm. Management is focused on encouraging staff to maintain professionalism and patient care.
Great place to start your career and earn your license and gain very valuable clinical experience.
Pros
healthcare benefits are excellent, in house clinical supervision for licensure
Cons
keeping up with paperwork can be overwhelming.
Fun place to learn, ethical, traning, great opportunity for growth
In-home Co-therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 22, 2012
Alatpointe is a great place to work. They take pride in the care of each consumer. Consumer's are first in every aspect. Management is good. No micro-managing, but upholds all employees to perform their best. great place to work
Pros
great place to advance and learn
Cons
quick burnout