AltaPointe Health Culture reviews

Productive and fun work place
Behavior Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day is medication, meal preparation, BLS, documentation and safety. I learned that mentally ill patients did not ask to be ill. Therefore, they should be treated with dignity and respect. Management is awesome!! I have been employed with the company for almost ten years. Diversity is the work place culture and most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in someone life by being a good listener, and showing respect for each and every one.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
nothing
A wonderful place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 1, 2018
Each day was different, very eventful at times. The documentation part of the job was repetitive. The management was very understanding and the workplace culture was very diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job was educating consumers on how to educate others about mental illness and also teaching positive coping strategies.
Pros
I got the chance to make a difference in peoples lives who suffer from mental illness.
It's a job!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 4, 2018
My typical work day is nonstop from the time I get to my office till the time I clock out. I've learned that no one cares about you but yourself. Management needs improving. Most people that I work with I've learned to keep them just as co-workers and never cross the lines for friendship. The hardest part about my job is getting pulled to help everyone else and at the end of the day there is no one there to help you. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my clients and their families and seeing the smile when you have been able to help them although its your job.
Cons
Low paying jobs and no raises
So many different areas to work within the company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
AltaPointe has been great for me and my family. Most areas have "Self Scheduling", which allows you to pick your shifts for work. The pay is competitive with most companies. I've noticed that they promote within, and try their hardest to work around school schedules.
Working with the consumers here has taught me patience and compassion that I didn't know existed.
It has made me a better person.
Pros
Locations throughout Alabama
Great Opportunity
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Your days are never the same and you never know what to expect. You have great coworkers that you work with. You will never have a boring day. I have learned to go with the flow because you may have a day scheduled but something may come up and you need to change your day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help my consumers with their needs and working with great coworkers.
3 well spent years.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2017
3 well spent years. Long drive but nice people. The place was nice and clean with nice coffee. The computers worked and had very few to no rats which was nice.
very busy and fast pace
BEHAVIORAL AIDE/MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 13, 2017
typical work day very hectic and busy
Ive learned how to redirect and calm down in stressful situations
hardest part of the job was not getting to attached to the consumers
Fast pace, well organized
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and the individuals worked with. There was a spirit of cooperation and a care and concern for the population that was served. Everyone worked together as a team.
Great
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 30, 2017
A typical work day for me at alta pointe is that I work with consumers that I'm compassionate about working with. It is a great place to work and I have had great experiences working here.
Pros
It is a great place to work.
nice enviornment
Behavioral aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 4, 2017
Relaxing environment to work in. Dealing with the consumers is the hardest part of the job because you never know how they might act towards you and others on a daily basis.
Pros
self scheduling, good staffing
Fast paced and educational
In-home case manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 11, 2017
In-home case manager for the ACT team, learned so much from the clients who all have a severe mental illness. Enjoyed the team environment for treatment
If you perform your job well, you will be considered for a promotion.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 30, 2017
AltaPointe administration and management works hard at hiring from within whenever possible. Over the past 11 years, I have seen numerous employees earn more advanced positions rather than AltaPointe bringing in someone from the outside. It pays to understand the people served and their illnesses AND treat everyone with dignity and respect, dedicate your days to doing the best job you possibly can, not listen to gripers (always plenty of those), and be an honest, hard-working team player. You will be noticed for these positive behaviors.
Pros
Fulfilling work, service culture, strong leaders
Cons
AltaPointe must depend on legislative bodies for funding
I really enjoy coming to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  West mobileFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoy working at AltaPointe

Wonderful group of people.

Great hours.

The consumers are great to work with and the environment promotes recovery.
Communication is a MUST
Children/Adoescent Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 8, 2016
Lack of communicating with employees. Management could do a better job with communicating with staff in every aspect. Other employees and clients are fine to work with.
Productive work place to work
Insurance Investigator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 30, 2016
Productive work place to work . Great people and environment. A lot of experience to gain and be taught from others. Everyone is a team player.
no micromanaging
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 28, 2016
must be flexible and punctual. Supervisors doesn't micromanage. The hardest part of the job is the job itself. the most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
"Lunch time" in the Office
Security Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 5, 2016
A work day at AltaPointe is never the same. I learned to understand and respect the Mentally Ill Consumers. Management continues to adhere to the needs of the Consumers and Employees on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is leaving for the day and still concerned about what is going on while you are away. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Staff - "A little Family".
Fun at the work place
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 27, 2016
Great place to start working if you like dealing with money and like dealing with customers very fast pace nothing slow makes the day go by fast and quick loved the people that work there never a boring day.
Culture of corruption
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mobile County, ALFebruary 23, 2016
I joined this company thinking that it would be a fresh start. Initially, it went well. Quickly, I learned that it would not go well for long. The management of the physicians specifically the CMO would talk negatively about the doctors that worked at the company. I'd never really experienced anything like this- in their presence they would be smiling and sweet and the behind their back they would say terrible things. It wasn't just the CMO but rather most of the upper management. Their attitude towards physicians www terrible. I found myself in a position of being very afraid of what was being said about me behind my back and scared to speak up against what was going on.

I can't describe how terrible it was to work for this company. All the doctors, knew what was going on and it didn't stop because it appeared they were all scared of what would happen if they did. After searching for a way out for two years - I left the company only to find that the management specifically one person had gone to my friend in the company and told slanderous lies about my personal life in an attempt to disparage me.

The corruption doesn't stop there. The company receives state funds to help the poor but won't accept indigent or Medicaid patients in their hospital. All three of the top people in the company sit on the head of the committee that makes decisions about hospital beds and successfully blocked a company from building a psychiatric hospital. At the same time, they attempted to extort more money from the community saying that they were the only company in the area and
  more... if they failed there would be no psychiatric care in mobile.

The company is powerful, has tons of money and that money is only spread among the very top people. There's a culture here of extortion, lies and disregard for workers and the patients that they care for. Read through the reviews of the company. It's only a matter of time before someone finally investigates this company and puts an end to the corruption.

Anyone looking for a job here be warned!!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Many see above
Official response from AltaPointe Health
February 25, 2016

Please contact our Employee Relations Manager in Human Resources to share more information about your experience, 660-2370.

Productive and a Fun workplace
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile,AlOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaPointe Health. Our community is ready to answer.