AltaPointe Health Management reviews

Terrible place to work!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 22, 2019
You want a career in healthcare? Then don’t work for Altapointe. The way they treated their patients was unacceptable. I got into this to help people, not to make their lives even more stressful. The management is horrible. The hospital staff was more friendly than the staff in the clinics. You get paid little to nothing and are expected to do everything. If you don’t know a answer they just look at you like your dumb. So much was lacking in bedside manner. Benefits? Yeah not that great. They are more worried about getting people in and out then actually paying attention to the patient. There’s a week of training, and if you don’t pass you get dismissed. Not my cup of tea.
Pros
It was a job. That’s it.
Cons
Lack of manners. Pay. Management.
April 29, 2019

Customer service is everything to us. The experience that our patients have with staff, especially because we are mostly behavioral healthcare, is paramount to their recovery and progress. Please share your experience with our employee relations manager at 660-2370.

Messy messy environment
Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 27, 2019
Working at Baypointe can be very rewarding however it is a very messy place. Certain supervisors are messy, some of the nurses are too as well as some of the behavioral aides. All they do is judge and lack understanding and do a lot of gossiping about other staff. If you don’t like drama(any normal person who’s not messy wouldn’t) then I would not recommend this job.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Messy staff
April 1, 2019

Please give us a call to provide more details about your experience. Our Employee Relations Manager can be reached 660-2370. Thanks!

Love the patients hated management.
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2019
Management is too strict. Loved working with coworkers. Loved working with children. Loved working with nurses. Felt really appreciated by patients. Felt more needed to be done for these children.
0/10 Would not recommend
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 21, 2019
I've never written a review but after working here felt compelled to warn people about their baypointe hospital. In general, the training was thorough although it's completely different when you start. Nobody listens to policies, people are too lazy to do their job and could careless about the kids. It was absolutely heartbreaking to work for a company that didn't care about staff or patients.
Keep looking
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 14, 2018
Overall this is a company that does not look out for the best interests of their employees. Very low pay!!! Never given raises but every year the insurance goes up and so does the cost of living. Will allow patients to curse you, threaten you and does not not take any of these things seriously. Staff is great and some managers are excellent but unfortunately the ppl who work in higher office will not make it easier for any advancement within the company and will not allow you to barely make over 13 dollars with a degree! Shameful!!!!
Pros
Cons
Altapointe
December 17, 2018

AltaPointe provides raises related to company performance, market evaluations, and cost of living increases. Employees even received 2 bonuses this year! We have several bachelor level job classes that vary in pay. Also, we have competitive benefits that really add to the total compensation package.

poor place for pay and advancement
licensed substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 2, 2018
LPC made 38,000 per year...I made more in an unlicensed position working at a local utility company as an office assistant 48,000 per year. May be a good place for individuals fresh out of school needing experience in the field but not a good place for seasoned individuals. They appear to be top heavy....money focused for top management only
Pros
great coworkers at the methadone clinic all got alone well
Cons
lowwww pay
Productive and fun work place
Behavior Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day is medication, meal preparation, BLS, documentation and safety. I learned that mentally ill patients did not ask to be ill. Therefore, they should be treated with dignity and respect. Management is awesome!! I have been employed with the company for almost ten years. Diversity is the work place culture and most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in someone life by being a good listener, and showing respect for each and every one.
Pros
Working for the company
Cons
nothing
Good place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 26, 2018
I performed electronic documentation, administer medication, taught positive coping skills, money management, and symptom management and perform clerical duties.I educated consumers on daily life skills and meal planning. This a very eventful place to work.
Not much good to say
Person (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 22, 2018
AltaPointe Health is a company that has the ability to better the employees' salary however it will NEVER happen. The management is busy trying to put more in their pockets instead of investing in the great employees they have. Turn over is constant due to management and the workload given to the employees that actually work. The coworkers are the best part of this job, unfortunately, they do not stay. As an employee, you are overloaded with work and expected to provide information and have tasks done that are given at the last minute when management had ample time to let you know what would be needed for a meeting or call.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
A wonderful place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 1, 2018
Each day was different, very eventful at times. The documentation part of the job was repetitive. The management was very understanding and the workplace culture was very diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job was educating consumers on how to educate others about mental illness and also teaching positive coping strategies.
Pros
I got the chance to make a difference in peoples lives who suffer from mental illness.
Psych nursing is only for certain people.
Registered Nurse - Mental Health Units (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 29, 2018
I like psych nursing but the company does not have upper management that has a calling for it, it seems like they are only in it for the money, which causes the patients to not get the amenities that should be receiving.
Pros
Very interesting work if you like psych.
Cons
Upper management seems to be in it for the money.
Keep looking...
Medical care provider (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALMay 8, 2018
Nonprofessional employee treatment. No communication or collaboration between administration and medical staff. Benefits have decreased past 5 years and employee cost increased with little if any salary increase. Focus is on seeing patients very quickly with NO quality of care concerns; unless Altapointe is being visited be accreditation agency soon. Burnout rampant, employee peer relationships not cultivated, hidden "spies" through the organization who prosper by pointing out employees who truly care about patient care and verbalized their concerns appropriately.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list
It's a job!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 4, 2018
My typical work day is nonstop from the time I get to my office till the time I clock out. I've learned that no one cares about you but yourself. Management needs improving. Most people that I work with I've learned to keep them just as co-workers and never cross the lines for friendship. The hardest part about my job is getting pulled to help everyone else and at the end of the day there is no one there to help you. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my clients and their families and seeing the smile when you have been able to help them although its your job.
Cons
Low paying jobs and no raises
Coordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 15, 2018
I loved working with my clients and most of my staff. Upper management was generally uninformed regarding my job responsibilities and I was not properly compensated for the amount of responsibility I had
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Not a good place to work
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2018
Don't work here. Don't care about employees and put them in undesirable situations. Needs to be reported to the state. There are no areas for advancement.
January 22, 2018

AltaPointe offers many opportunities for advancement and promotes from within regularly. We would be glad to share the details of our opportunities with anyone that is interested in learning how you can grow and learn within our healthcare system. Please call 450-5915 for more information or to get contact information of people that can share their experiences, the career paths to choose from are numerous.
There are often challenging situations when working in behavioral/psychiatric healthcare, but there are career paths that also support our system outside of direct care that may be a better fit for some people.

Mentally Stressed
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 9, 2018
I worked for Altapointe for several years. It was a overall an easy job but management could make it more difficult than what it is. You work with patients who can be sweet and going through things and then the most physical. I got punched in the jaw by a patient before and nothing was done to the patient. One of my co workers had feces thrown on them and management said "You know what you signed up for". They tend to put African Americans on the most physical patients even if you are a woman. A nurse stated "Blacks can handle it better". When the patients get into a fight you better be ready to hold your own for a couple of minutes because the doctors and therapist will run leaving you alone until Security gets there. The pay is not enough and the 12 hours can get to you. You have your easy days but then there are bad. The feed the nurses and administration free every friday but the CNAs and BAs dont. I was told that the coordinators will believe anything that they say over the CNAs and BAs. They dont appreciate the CNAs and BAs as they should. This job is not so much physical then it is Mentally draining. You work 3 days out the week for 36hours then you might get Hrd (you can have that day off without pay) If you have PTO you can use that but Why should you use the money you worked for? You have a nurse there that claims she is a witch and it can be alot of drama too.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Unappreciated, Pay, Drama
Hang you out to dry
Jail Diversion Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 6, 2018
This company chooses a different person weekly to torment. Management will tell you to do things and if/when higher authority disapproves will hang you out to dry.
Pay fast food pay but requires college degrees
Pros
Great co-workers ... lasting friendships
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 2, 2018
AltaPointe is a very stressful work environment, you always have to be concerned about a consumer harming you. The management does not care about the employees needs.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
January 8, 2018

We are committed to maintaining a work environment centered on caring for our employees and consumers. Please contact the employee relations manager at 251-660-2370 so that we can work through your concerns.

Horrible
Acute Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 27, 2017
Both the company and the management are horrible. They do not care about the children and very unethical. Very little job satisfaction and poor life/work balance. The company makes false promises. There is not work-life balance.
January 2, 2018

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns; our employee relations manager is available to you at 251-660-2370. We can work together to determine how your position is not meeting your needs.

Dont
Imaging Professional (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 18, 2017
A good job if you can put up with customers. A fast paced worked environment must have patience for customers and management. You are ranked on a scale and on customers surveys, which should be changed.
Pros
Bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaPointe Health. Our community is ready to answer.