AltaPointe Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 1, 2018
Each day was different, very eventful at times. The documentation part of the job was repetitive. The management was very understanding and the workplace culture was very diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job was educating consumers on how to educate others about mental illness and also teaching positive coping strategies.
Pros
I got the chance to make a difference in peoples lives who suffer from mental illness.
They care
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 30, 2018
AltaPointe cares about the people that work there and cares about the consumers served. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career, here it is. You will learn more than you ever imagined you could about people and mental health. They have excellent departments and department heads to carry out a well-planned cooperative system of behavioral healthcare. Training is mandatory and provided and they are very fair.
Pros
Good leadership, time and benefits.
Cons
Clientele is challenging but job is rewarding
Psych nursing is only for certain people.
Registered Nurse - Mental Health Units (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 29, 2018
I like psych nursing but the company does not have upper management that has a calling for it, it seems like they are only in it for the money, which causes the patients to not get the amenities that should be receiving.
Pros
Very interesting work if you like psych.
Cons
Upper management seems to be in it for the money.
Keep looking...
Medical care provider (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALMay 8, 2018
Nonprofessional employee treatment. No communication or collaboration between administration and medical staff. Benefits have decreased past 5 years and employee cost increased with little if any salary increase. Focus is on seeing patients very quickly with NO quality of care concerns; unless Altapointe is being visited be accreditation agency soon. Burnout rampant, employee peer relationships not cultivated, hidden "spies" through the organization who prosper by pointing out employees who truly care about patient care and verbalized their concerns appropriately.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list
Non-stressful environment
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 10, 2018
A typical day at work started with follow ups and intakes. After the Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill my job was to consult with individuals who were impacted and assist them with the recovery process. Basically, social worker type setting as it was my responsibility to connect the individuals with local, state and federal resources.
It's a job!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 4, 2018
My typical work day is nonstop from the time I get to my office till the time I clock out. I've learned that no one cares about you but yourself. Management needs improving. Most people that I work with I've learned to keep them just as co-workers and never cross the lines for friendship. The hardest part about my job is getting pulled to help everyone else and at the end of the day there is no one there to help you. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my clients and their families and seeing the smile when you have been able to help them although its your job.
Cons
Low paying jobs and no raises
Coordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 15, 2018
I loved working with my clients and most of my staff. Upper management was generally uninformed regarding my job responsibilities and I was not properly compensated for the amount of responsibility I had
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Fun
National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bayou La Batre, ALMarch 5, 2018
I love it here!! Great Management, great workers. Caring workplace, caring doctors. I enjoy putting a smile on the consumers face, and simply being here for them.
I love my consumers!
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 14, 2018
Its nice because the people I work for (the consumers) are nice. I would like to experience a new position but something is holding me back and I don't know what it is.
Pros
I love the Consumers
Cons
Seems like I cannot advance and do not know why
Productive company
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 8, 2018
Productive job oppurtunities and advancements. Career challenging and great people to work with, competive work force.Residential facilities and staffing .

Want to know more about AltaPointe?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2018
Don't work here. Don't care about employees and put them in undesirable situations. Needs to be reported to the state. There are no areas for advancement.
Official response from AltaPointe
January 22, 2018

AltaPointe offers many opportunities for advancement and promotes from within regularly. We would be glad to share the details of our opportunities with anyone that is interested in learning how you can grow and learn within our healthcare system. Please call 450-5915 for more information or to get contact information of people that can share their experiences, the career paths to choose from are numerous.
There are often challenging situations when working in behavioral/psychiatric healthcare, but there are career paths that also support our system outside of direct care that may be a better fit for some people.

Appreciation
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 14, 2018
This job is wonderful for most part but I feel that all of theses houses should be required to have two staff in bc there is a lot of work that has to be done in twelve hours alone but being that everyone work at different pace some can handle their job better then others . employees should be evaluated once a year for raises and should a little more appreciation .
Mentally Stressed
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 9, 2018
I worked for Altapointe for several years. It was a overall an easy job but management could make it more difficult than what it is. You work with patients who can be sweet and going through things and then the most physical. I got punched in the jaw by a patient before and nothing was done to the patient. One of my co workers had feces thrown on them and management said "You know what you signed up for". They tend to put African Americans on the most physical patients even if you are a woman. A nurse stated "Blacks can handle it better". When the patients get into a fight you better be ready to hold your own for a couple of minutes because the doctors and therapist will run leaving you alone until Security gets there. The pay is not enough and the 12 hours can get to you. You have your easy days but then there are bad. The feed the nurses and administration free every friday but the CNAs and BAs dont. I was told that the coordinators will believe anything that they say over the CNAs and BAs. They dont appreciate the CNAs and BAs as they should. This job is not so much physical then it is Mentally draining. You work 3 days out the week for 36hours then you might get Hrd (you can have that day off without pay) If you have PTO you can use that but Why should you use the money you worked for? You have a nurse there that claims she is a witch and it can be alot of drama too.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Unappreciated, Pay, Drama
So many different areas to work within the company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
AltaPointe has been great for me and my family. Most areas have "Self Scheduling", which allows you to pick your shifts for work. The pay is competitive with most companies. I've noticed that they promote within, and try their hardest to work around school schedules.
Working with the consumers here has taught me patience and compassion that I didn't know existed.
It has made me a better person.
Pros
Locations throughout Alabama
Great Opportunity
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Your days are never the same and you never know what to expect. You have great coworkers that you work with. You will never have a boring day. I have learned to go with the flow because you may have a day scheduled but something may come up and you need to change your day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help my consumers with their needs and working with great coworkers.
Rewarding job
Adult Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
working as a case manager is very rewarding. Every day I get to help people who live with mental illness improve their lives. Sure, it is challenging at times but definitely worth it
Pros
team oriented
Cons
a pretty decent amount of typing required
Enjoyable work environment
Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
I have been with AltaPointe for 6 years next month. I have been in two different positions with the company. I have enjoyed my time here. I enjoy working with the consumers and I enjoy working with my co-workers. Most days are not the same every day but that is the nature of our work. Many of us thrive off of that. It is very enjoyable as we are here for our consumers, to be able to help them in daily life and live the best life they can live. The supervisors are amazing. You feel like you are a part of a team here to provide the best care you can to the consumers. Some days can be stressful but you will have that with any job, what makes it better is your co-workers to know they are right there with you. I would highly recommend AltaPointe to someone who wanted to work in the mental health field.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, good benefits
A great place to grow
Adult Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2018
I love working here. They give me opportunities to do my practicum and internship and are fair. I really enjoy the people that I work with, both consumers and staff.
Pros
good supervisors and team atmosphere
Cons
the pay could be better but its fair
Hang you out to dry
Jail Diversion Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 6, 2018
This company chooses a different person weekly to torment. Management will tell you to do things and if/when higher authority disapproves will hang you out to dry.
Pay fast food pay but requires college degrees
Pros
Great co-workers ... lasting friendships
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 2, 2018
AltaPointe is a very stressful work environment, you always have to be concerned about a consumer harming you. The management does not care about the employees needs.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Official response from AltaPointe
January 8, 2018

We are committed to maintaining a work environment centered on caring for our employees and consumers. Please contact the employee relations manager at 251-660-2370 so that we can work through your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AltaPointe. Our community is ready to answer.