Altec Industries Employee Reviews

Positive first engineering experience in industry
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Was able to see the growth of the plant within the first two years of production at this location. Through two rotations I was able to see aspects of every area of production and learn a lot about all the processes that went into creating the final product.
Fun place to work
LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VASeptember 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Altec Industries, I would have stayed longer if there were day shift positions available but during the time of my hire we had a surplus of employees and my seniority was not high enough to obtain a morning shift position.
A very good place to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 29, 2018
A very good company to work for. The management were friendly and approachable. They were always seeking ways to improve production and job preformance. They are a very hard company to get hired at. The process took around six weeks to complete along with a test at the local college to compete for the job.
Pros
New factory that is very clean and organized.
Production
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work but they want you to work all the time they say family is important but work you 11 hour days and weekends the pay will and great benefits
Pros
Lots of free lunch if you work through lunch
Cons
Lots of hours you have to work
It was fun for the moment being around people and learning.
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 21, 2018
Although I was only Temporary, the job wasn’t as bad at all besides maybe some people were just rude and would do anything to get u in trouble if it involves looking good for there sake.
Pros
10 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch
Cons
It’s an extra hour due to lunch and breaks
Wonderful company
Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 20, 2018
Altec Industries provided me the opportunity to work in an environment that supplemented my college education and better prepared me to enter the workforce.
great fast pace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 10, 2018
I loved this job and learned a lot about assembling big trucks. It pays very well with ample opportunity for overtime. If I hadn't worked through a temp agency then I would still be working there.
Solid, consistent, stable employment
Tester (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 8, 2018
I really liked my job at Altec and liked many of the folks that I worked with or around. I regret greatly that I had to leave when I did and only did so due to an ex-wife taking more money from me than I could make. Since then I have even custody with my ex of our children so she doesn't take anymore of our household income. I would love to be re-hired by Altec and am actively trying to do so, but it seems that my bridge was burned very unfortunately.
Pros
Decent pay, pretty good benefits, overall decent co-workers at that location
Cons
Besides lunch, only one break per day, sometimes production stress
I Think Altec Is one of the best places I've ever worked. The overall attitude of the employees is friendly and helpfull.
Aerial boom technician assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 3, 2018
This place pays good. They do train properly before they send you on your own. Everyone always helped the next guy if he was having problems. There are times when they will stop production and everyone will clean every nook and cranny. So the place stays pretty clean, which reduces contamination to hydraulic fluid and such. There is genuine TEAM approach to their work strategy. Safety, Qaulity and Consistency they do expect. I'd work for this company any time. Hope to see them soon.
AM Line J.U. 2012 Miss you guys.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hot
Boys Bromance Club of Smiling racists
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2018
All Altec deals are done in the dark including promotions..
Federal codes being broke in shops subframe welds unverified or inspected...
Federal inspections done without proper chassis training
No diversity, about 2000 people work in this plant 2 black people no managers we black or Mexican constant racial jokes....
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Shut up and keep your job
didn't enjoy it
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 23, 2018
i didn't enjoy working at altec, it was a good old boys club it seemed like. they didn't promote unless you knew the manager or his manager then you got the job
Good first job but keep looking.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 21, 2018
Group leaders and supervisors are young and have no idea how to handle a small amount of authority. Most people in these positions are related and if you aren't family you won't get promoted. Training is very poor due to being shorthanded and no time to teach you with the insane schedule for producing trucks. Each line is expected to put out over 100 trucks a month so you have to work very fast which is difficult when you haven't been trained adequately. Altec says family is one of the most important things but a job at Altec means you will rarely see your family while working 60 plus hours a week. You do get to listen to music while working and get several free dinners for meeting goals or working overtime 6 days a week.
Pros
Frequent free meals, benefits for full time start the day of hire
Cons
Very short breaks and an unpaid half hour lunch. Very difficult to advance, pay is extremely low for the skills required to do the job.
To much Overtime
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
They have a good goal but the environment is not good for management , the hire temps at a alarming rate , Worse than I've ever seen , Constant mistakes with the people we have to work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No time off
i was a temp
Unit Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 18, 2018
i was a temp. not a good job as a temp. reason, you only make 11.75 as a temp and if your hired off the street they will start out at 17.00 hr. wrong wrong. don't no what else. i felt abused as a temp
Very productive
Final Assembly Welder (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJuly 16, 2018
Starts off with a meeting then gather tools and materials.
I learned how to assemble forestry trucks and taught how to weld for Altec.
Managers were unfair in treatment.
Very diverse workplace.
Working with lazy employees which made the job harder than it should be.
Pay and benefits.
Replaceable
Hydraulic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAJuly 11, 2018
Terminated a few days into my assignment before I was able to even learn the job. Employees were friendly enough but you are ultimately a replaceable number and badge to management. If you cannot do your job perfectly with barely any training, you will not last here.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
People
painter (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJuly 9, 2018
People here that work hard get more put on them, The less you work the higher you will go if you suck up to higher people.

A lot of the people they have hired are worthless and slack off, Just telling you how it is. It would be a great place to work if they didn't suck up to a lot of people on the staff there scared to tell them or fire them because of a law suit. But 80% or more are useless at altec lol
Pros
nothing fee
Cons
slack people
Best place in this town.
Final Assembly (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJuly 7, 2018
Top notch company to work for. Pay and benefits are very high. Very hard for career advancement without having any degree. Back log is so large that HR are hiring anybody and everybody to meet demands which has led to decrease in moral and productivity.
Great place.
Pressbrake operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 3, 2018
Overall my “review” for Altec Industies is that it is an amazing job to have. Literally everyone employed there are super nice and will go out of their way to help you. I wish to work there again and grow with with company.
Pros
Just about everything!
Cons
Not really understanding when it comes to being sick and still fairly new.
Great place, wrong people
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAJuly 3, 2018
I worked there though a temp service and I love my job there but worked for a racist supervisor and he forced me to lose my job. I was never late, there every day, done my job, and my assignment was ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altec Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about