Altec Industries Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assembly Manufacturing Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, NCFebruary 2, 2019
Great company to work for lots of opportunities. Supportive of continuous education, very open to new ideas. Company is very successful and cares about their customers.
Altec review
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2019
Mainly reading schematics to running loom cables to washing trucks nothing really major hard. I've learned a lot going to Altec from working under a hood to wiring and lighting compartments. Management was alright could use better communication to works. Can be a little racial at time and bias about the people they like. Seeing other employees more than your own family. Working with amazing co-workers.
Great environment and employees
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work if you like a fast paced job and working with good people. Learned a lot about lasers and other cutting machines. Management was friendly and helped the best they could.
altec
Production line worker (Former Employee) –  st joseph, moJanuary 24, 2019
fast paced, deadline driven, hot in summer. cold in winter,
long days, patient supervisors, on the job training, starts slow so it's not overwhelming
Relaxed work environment that always has you busy doing something.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2019
In my line of work, since there were about 3 people temporarily out of work for various reasons, I was never bored and always had something that needed to be done. I was fine with that, though, because it made me feel like I was earning my pay. My supervisor was patient with me and helped me learn how to do my job. I was sure to take notes on a Microsoft Word document and always kept it on my desktop computer to refer to if I needed a reminder of what I needed to do and how to do my job. Most of the coworkers are really nice for the most part and great people to talk to. The job culture is very conducive to learning and working in a relaxed environment.
Pros
Nice staff, decent pay, great work environment
nice place to work
shop supplies provided
sometimes got too slow
seasonal work
too much management
disagreements with coworkers sometimes hard to deal with
Pros
shop supplies
Cons
low pay
Great place to work, grow, and learn
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 4, 2019
Altec genuinely cares for their employees. One of the core values is "people are our greatest strength" and they really mean it. Glad I had the opportunity to work at Altec industries.
Pros
lots of free food, chances to move up, options for different positions, and the people
Cons
can be monotonous work depending on the position
Great Place to work
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCDecember 29, 2018
Great job opportunities, became a welder before joining the design team. Worked a total of three years going on four. I currently have family working there as well.
Would recommend
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCDecember 26, 2018
Would love to go back just to far to drive needed someplace closer to home. Good pay great people to work with always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Short breaks
I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VADecember 24, 2018
At one point it was a good job but that changed when the new plant manager took over. If you don’t have friends, family or a life then this is the place for you. Expect to work long hours and 6 days a week every week. The workload you’re expected to accomplish is insane. Management has no idea how to run the place, they keep taking more orders while the manpower dwindles. The pay doesn’t make up for the workload you’re given. Expect to be put on 2nd or 3rd shift for at least 3 or more years before going to 1st.
Benefits
Cons
Management, short breaks, long hours, no time off
Hydraulic Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 7, 2018
They are a solid well built company that knows how to make a small industrial plant into a large operation I watched this company take a plant with 40 people working at it and turn it to 500 people today
Great Co-Op experience
Manufacturing Co-Op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 4, 2018
I couldn't ask for better co-op experience. As a co-op, I was doing an actual engineer work and taking major part of project and leading projects. Management were excellent and the culture was great. The hardest part was the commute. As a mechanical engineer my enjoyable moments were having hands on work..
paids well
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2018
I had a bad experience with this individual at this company. my night shift supervisor (female) my job was great it was something not right about her that caused me to turn in my badge.
Pros
learn alot on new things that iv never experiance before
Cons
The second shift boss (female) has evil intentions laced cleverly ..much prayer for her poor soul
Not a bad place to work
Welder/Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2018
I personally do not like production work but for what it is Altec provides competitive wages and benefits for their full time employees. Either new to the industry or experienced and looking for a career Altec will fit your needs.
Hydraulic components mechanic (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCDecember 3, 2018
What you put in is what you get out. I have enjoyed my time growing with a company that respects its core values. Very rapidly growing and and very fond of the ceo.
Pros
Lots of money to be made
Cons
Life balance
bad management horrible place to work
Hydraulic Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 2, 2018
management only concerned about the budget for the month treat employees like servants no job advancement or formal training stay clear away from this place
Pros
non
Cons
the job itself
Career job
final assembly (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 1, 2018
Excellent place to work. Management doesn't micromanage. You go from bottom scale to top scale within 3 years. Family oriented. They allow you to work overtime. You can come in on your days off(optional).
Pros
Many free lunches. Gifts. All the over time you want
Cons
Lots of over time.
Good pay but thats about it
Painter (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VANovember 30, 2018
The pay is good and benefits are good but that's about it. Not really much chance to advance and management isn't that great. There are major signs of heavy favoritism.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, not much chance to advance
Great Family Atmosphere
Chassis Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 26, 2018
Altec is a busy place and is growing fast. With that comes growing pains, such as staffing and workload. However, the company is working as hard as they can to make sure they are fixing the issues. They make sure you have work/life balance and when it is necessary they go out of their way to help any of their employees.
Pros
Values
Cons
Currently understaffed, not best paid in the industry/area
Great company to work for.
Tech assistant. Tooler/Sander/Gel-Coat Sprayer (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph MONovember 26, 2018
Would still be with this company if i didn't try to take a first shift position while under such a stressful time in my life. I see no reason in anyone wanting to look for a new job once hired on at altec unless they cannot perform their job or the chemicals make them break out.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Some chemicals may irritate your skin or lungs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altec Industries. Our community is ready to answer.