ALTER TRADING Employee Reviews

Cut throat and a lot of racism
Loader operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 2, 2018
Don't know what to say that it's a poor place to work. Management was no good and they don't care about the employees. Pay was no good. Management got mad for taking my two 15 minute breaks. Alot of racism towards the minorities
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great Place To Work!
Corporate Support Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2018
Alter Trading is a really great place to work! The company treats you like a part of their family. Each facility is run like it's own business! Great!
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Paid Time Off, Family feel
Cons
Like any business like this, it's important to understand that the work is in the weather. When it's hot, it's hot and when it's cold, it's cold.
Lot of opportunities to grow
Yard Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 22, 2018
Alter's a big company but still tries to feel like a family-owned scrapyard. It's bought a lot of other scrapyards in the time I've worked here, and tries to extend its culture to those yards as it grows.

You work hard at the yard, but it's fun and you're treated like you own the facility. That can be a bit stressful because that means I'm responsible for the yard's performance, but I like it.
Very unprofessional it reminds me of a day care
Heavy Equipment Operator, Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 17, 2017
Racism and anatomy harassment. Constant and i mean constant, 20 minutes doesnt pass without racist and anatomy innuendos.94 cents in 2 years for raise
Pros
Cons
No breaks, if you take a 15 minute lunch. 30 minutes of pay is still deducted
loved this job
Non Ferrous Buyer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 12, 2017
a day there was fast and fun never had to worry about nothing to do always something going on and boss stayed out of your hair as long as you didn't start playing games or if you needed him or her to help with a upset customer and other that that if you can get a job here you will love this job if you don't mind getting dirty and working hard.
Very open minded and value employees
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 4, 2017
Working for Alters was a life changing experience for me. The Maintenance Supervisor and the maintenance employees were there for you in any situation. training and allowing you to grow on your own.
Pros
benefits, pay, hours worked, management, employees, communication
A great place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 20, 2017
I loved working for Alter Trading and if my husband hadn't relocated, I would still be working there. The people are great from the bottom to the very top. They care about family first.
a common work place.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  626 schmidt rd davenport, IASeptember 12, 2014
sorted various metals and materials also kept the facility cleand and repaired different machines.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
very dirty.
Productive work place
Nonferrous Downstream Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AlJuly 2, 2013
The things I've learned while working here is how certain machines separate medals, copper, brass,stainless etc.
Pros
It's a good place to learn
Cons
Not sure what time you will be getting off, or if the company is really concerned about the betterment of their employees.
productive place but no fun
Equipment Operator and Loader (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMarch 22, 2012
worked 2007 to 2008 i was an loader operator operated heavy equipment fork truck
Pros
no breaks
Cons
salvage yard