Altercare Integrated Health Services Employee Reviews

Productive and a good experience
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 16, 2018
Altercare provides the training and education you need to start your career in the nursing field and they offer a chance to further your career. Such as lpn, or rn
Cons
Mandation
Not good..
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHAugust 14, 2018
The work is easy but very physically demanding, and unless you have great coworkers, it can be stressful. Very understaffed and did not feel appreciated/respected. Not to mention the pay was extremely low. I barely got trained, but then was upset with when I asked questions or made a mistake. HR was very nice/supportive and did a great job helping with pre-employment. Free dinner was nice..But other than that, I wouldn't reccommend it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Patient care constantly compromised by unethical management
Senior Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2018
I won't say much but I will say that I'd never put a family member into that facility. Employees are constantly faced with difficult ethical decisions regarding patient care that are completely preventable if upper management would do their job.
Ok work place
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Thornville, OHAugust 1, 2018
Ok work place understaffed for amount of work load employees are difficult to get along with but you work with the same residents every single day that you go to work
Pros
Getting to work with the same residents every day
Cons
Low pay for amount of work load
stna
Laundry and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 23, 2018
Altercare in Louisville was not a pleasant place to work. I worked midnights. They aides on day shift were horrible and did not care about the residents. we would have to start getting them up at 4 AM because we were so understaffed and day shift wanted everyone up.
Great management
Dietary Aide (Work Assessment) (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJuly 18, 2018
I completed a work assessment as a dietary aide and loved working in the kitchen! I would have loved to apply for a part-time position if I could get transportation to Portage County!
Work environment was okay
LPN (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 9, 2018
Working at Altercare is like working at any other long term care facility, long hours, short staffed and overall average. I continue to work here because it’s a job not because I love it
Not A Good Place
STNA/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Altercare at fist it went from bad to worse the nursing staff was rude to not only the aides but patients as well the Administrators did not know how to do their jobs but wondered why on many occasions why none of the employees wanted to stay. The pay for what we had to deal with on a daily basis was not even worth it we were always short staffed which always affected the residents of the home and because we were always short staffed aides were quitting left and right because we would have anywhere between 15 to 20 residents per one aide. So much was wrong with this place I wouldn't even put my Grandma in this place.
Great place to work.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHJune 24, 2018
Started here as an STNA. Loved working here. Only left because I advanced my career.. A position was not available at the time to continue here. Wish I could have stayed.
Needs Oraganization and could be a great place to work for .
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 6, 2018
GO to work take report when I get there . Assign my techs . Make a list off all the people I need to check on based on my report .Assign vitals to my techs . Count Narcs . Begin med pass . Do treatments . Check on my res and answer call lights . Get my vitals and do all my charting . While maintaining everything else that goes on . Emergencies , falls , call lights , food trays , tolieting , bathing .Etc.I had alot the skills I already had working as former floor nurse . SO pretty much did same thing but diff work enviroment . My opinion on management it was a company that could use management that stayed there so things could be alot more organized then it be a great place to work for.
I enjoyed working at Altercare until they brought in a new DON
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 29, 2018
Working midnight's at Altercare was fun and I loved the staff I worked with. Unfortunately things change and new people are brought in to just turn the place upside down!
Poor management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMay 7, 2018
Going to work everyday was stressful because you felt like you always had to watch your back. It's impossible to know who you can trust. The administrator never leaves her office and doesn't appreciate hard work.
Pros
40 hours of pto at start for department heads
Cons
High turnover
Was a overall good experience working here
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHApril 12, 2018
The pay and benefits were good. The facility itself stayed clean and updated. The staff was always nice, and the management did a good job running the place. Would recommend
Pros
good pay
Required review
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHMarch 31, 2018
I was only a student physical therapist at Altercare of Canal WInchester. I have limited to no knowledge about what being an employee for this company is like.
Not worth talking about
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 25, 2018
Company does not support employees. They are only focused on saving money by running short on labor costs. they do not care about their patients or their families.
extream nice workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHFebruary 25, 2018
i would go to work happy and come home happy all of the people was very nice and fun to work with the hardest part of my job was leaving beacuse i had so much fun
Run run run
RN (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Poor management, low staff high turn over rates the place looks clean and that is about it. Even the DON, ADON, Director and every management position is new because they can NOT keep employees. They need to close this facility down due to no staffing
cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2018
I loved the new D.O.N, but I worked my butt off for no pay, and was always mandated, and had a lot of two person people to take care of and could never find anyone to help with them, they were always disappearing on you.
Pros
great D.O, N
Cons
pay wasnt enought had to work 3 jobs to pay my bills
Awesome place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Very excellent place to work. Everyone is hard working. Work as a team with everyone. Aide to patient ratio is good. Everything you need to do your job is right there.
Best place to work
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHFebruary 6, 2018
The company cared and showed their support to its employees as well as the residents that stayed there it was such a friendly and blessed place to work I would recommend this s company to any one
Pros
The money the staff the co workers
Cons
There really isn’t any for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altercare Integrated Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.