Altercare Integrated Health Services Employee Reviews

Do your job at your own pace without being watched
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, OHMarch 23, 2019
I start at 10 in Activities, residents are my favorite part of the day!! Started in July and have the best supervisor and coworker. We complement each others strengths and weaknesses to give residents the best experience. I don't get a lot of hours if those in my department are healthy but otherwise I love the job still. I help all departments in different ways and try making all around me smile and have a better day. The employees throughout the facility are wonderful and care about the residents. There is advancement potential within the building, we can have input on activities on the calendar..great place to work. Still have staffing issues leading to high turnover ratio with STNA's but that is everywhere. If you enjoy working with the elderly this is a wonderful place. If you do your job they know it and are never riding you. I worked in housekeeping for a few weeks and was never rode there either. In activites it feels more like being with friends than an actual job but you do work walking the halls back and forth and helping the residents with the activities..they appreciate you and tell you that!!
Pros
Residents, coworkers and supervisors. Schedule is great..
Cons
Need a little more hours, need STNA's to stay longer..
Not the worst
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Hartville, OHMarch 19, 2019
Overall, my time spent at company, started out awesome and ended sour. It seems that even though you’re given a lot of room to promote within, the higher you get, the more difficult it becomes to last.
Corporate office is not the most professional. Like most health care corporations, they have lost sight of what it means to work in a facility.
Within the facility, you have your typical healthcare drama. I did not care for nursing and building management; very biased and unwilling to listen to others.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Vacation pay
Nice staff
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHMarch 14, 2019
I liked working at altercare I was about some of the residents only visited they had or would get on my days I worked but I loved hearing stories how they grew up
fast pace positive environment
MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hartville, OHMarch 13, 2019
very busy
fast pace
nice people
management is nice
there is a lot of responsibility for one person but it makes the day go by very fast,
the people are really nice to work with
Poor facility, worst place ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHMarch 7, 2019
Very poorly managed, nurse to resident ratio is horrible. Always short on staff so everyone is working triple and the residents are very difficult at times.
Pros
training on computer
Cons
everything else
Poor management
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 28, 2019
I was hired on for an administrative position then told I wouldn’t be able to continue my contract because holding a nursing degree is required for the role. Which they did not express or have on their job requirements until recently. The exec. does not know how to run a facility, all she knows is how to force work down your throat and teach you how to lie on annual surveys.
She poorly manages but without a doubt is not a leader. They also have employees that don’t provide maximum care for the residents. Residents try nothing more than to get in and out fast because they don’t receive proper treatment. The entire facility needs help.
Management has gotten a lot better since I left
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2019
Love the job but my thoughts were and MY thoughts were that they could of had a better communication between nursing and CNA as well as administration.
Very unorganized horrible nursing staff lack of State tested nursing assistants too much work for one person to handle alone.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHJanuary 18, 2019
I don't exactly refer this company being altercare of Louisville a job to utilize career opportunities. Staff is very inconsistent. Horrible training and usage of proper machinery.
Pros
Proper care for each resident.
Cons
Lack of help between State tested nursing assistant and other staff.
Poor treatment of employees
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Thornville, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Management is poor, human resource manager has a bad habit of losing paperwork for example. I gave them my maternity leave paperwork and 2 hours later a housekeeping employee came in and handed me my maternity leave paperwork because the HR manager left it in the break room. I’m grateful she brought it to me and didn’t throw it away
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor management
loved the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, OHJanuary 15, 2019
I really enjoyed caring for the residents i grew close to them but the management was poor there because they could not keep in supplies and did not show care for there employees. there are also some employees that are rude and unprofessional. i looked forward to going in and caring my the residents.
Pros
uniform allowances being around the residents
Cons
bad management no free meals never stocked up poor employees
productive
Scheduler/ STNA (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 8, 2018
This is a good place to work and to start off . The pay for stna is a little higher then most other places and they give you room to grow and move up in the company but everone is replaceable.
A good starter place to work, good benefits and some helpful staff
Asst Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHNovember 29, 2018
Has been a great place to work for many years, but due to increasing expectations and pressures in the healthcare industry, has become very stressful, I only got a 5-10 cent raise every two years if that, and I need more money. You get better raises when you start, but after a few years hardly anything at all. Used to have a family atmosphere with staff longevity, but not so much anymore.
Pros
Enjoying the residents, uniform bonuses, staff health program
Cons
Stress, some poor management styles
This place is great if you like being overworked and underpaid
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 15, 2018
Altercare doesn’t value employees or residents. Altercare values doing as much as they can to save money for themselves. One aid would be responsible for up to 30 residents by themselves and all the management cared about was making sure your charting was done before resident care. They couldn’t keep employees because no one wants to work for a company that only cares about saving the company money. Mandation happened everyday. Management was extremely awful. Would find anyway to get you in trouble instead of help you. Coworkers and nurses and even the residents are amazing but management just kills this place.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything else possible
Amazingly Disrepsectful
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHNovember 7, 2018
They're an AWFUL place to work. They're disrespectful to their aids and don't feel bad about it. The nurses and the administration team up together to bully aids. They'll lie on you and if they feel the need they'll try to ruin your credibility. If you want to keep your sanity, DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Sometimes they'll feed you.
Cons
They try to belittle you and make you believe they're better than you.
Good Company
daily living skills, Train and Mentor new workers (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHOctober 8, 2018
This is a great system to work for. They care about their employees and there are always positions available. I would recommend working here while continuing your education.
Productive and well worth it.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 4, 2018
There was a sense of family while working there. There is vary in pay between shifts. Well paced and easy to follow. The nurses and HR are willing to work with you. Loved the scheduling system.
Pros
Long breaks, felt comfortable.
Cons
Hard to understand plans and terms.
Ok but
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2018
Lowest paying stna job. I wasnt Told the compensation until I signed Papers because as a professional you wouldn’t ask the pay during the interview that is something the hr should mention in the interview but in this case it was different
Cons
Low pay, under staff
Lack of staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MISeptember 15, 2018
There was never enough staff for the number of clients. It seemed your constantly having to work over or come in early due to the lack of staff on hand. The nurses were amazing to work with and the clients were grateful for any and all assistance provided.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Lack of Staff
I would NOT reccomend working at this facility!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I would never reccomend this place to anyone! When you first get hired, they don't tell you that your hours get cut in the kitchen at this facility when the census goes down. The turnover rate is so high because of staff being underpaid and overworked in every department. The management is very condescending and don't listen to the employees if there is an issue. I have mentioned issues to my supervisor and she did nothing about a coworker creating a hostile environment and bullying other employees. I have asked for more time to complete tasks and was refused some. Some employees would clock out to finish their job because of poor time management from the management. The training was disorganized because they would teach you the easy wrong way but will train you last minute of how to do it the right way for state. The pay is around $9 to start at in kitchen which is low compared to other nursing homes. The other issues at this facility are they will fire you if you have documents to prove if you had to call off because of a medical emergency and it is hard to get time off too. The only good thing out of this experience is cross training in different shifts and paid holiday.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
Management sucks, no balance in life, cut your hours based on census and overwork staff
caring
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 21, 2018
I cared for lots of people. they never wanted me to go home.I gave up my vacation time cause no on else was there to work.Hardest was seeing people pass away.
Pros
being appreciated for the long hours and days of work i done
Cons
being let go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altercare Integrated Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.