Altercare Integrated Health Services Employee Reviews

productive
Scheduler/ STNA (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHDecember 8, 2018
This is a good place to work and to start off . The pay for stna is a little higher then most other places and they give you room to grow and move up in the company but everone is replaceable.
This place is great if you like being overworked and underpaid
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 15, 2018
Altercare doesn’t value employees or residents. Altercare values doing as much as they can to save money for themselves. One aid would be responsible for up to 30 residents by themselves and all the management cared about was making sure your charting was done before resident care. They couldn’t keep employees because no one wants to work for a company that only cares about saving the company money. Mandation happened everyday. Management was extremely awful. Would find anyway to get you in trouble instead of help you. Coworkers and nurses and even the residents are amazing but management just kills this place.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything else possible
Amazingly Disrepsectful
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHNovember 7, 2018
They're an AWFUL place to work. They're disrespectful to their aids and don't feel bad about it. The nurses and the administration team up together to bully aids. They'll lie on you and if they feel the need they'll try to ruin your credibility. If you want to keep your sanity, DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Sometimes they'll feed you.
Cons
They try to belittle you and make you believe they're better than you.
Good Company
daily living skills, Train and Mentor new workers (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHOctober 8, 2018
This is a great system to work for. They care about their employees and there are always positions available. I would recommend working here while continuing your education.
Productive and well worth it.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 4, 2018
There was a sense of family while working there. There is vary in pay between shifts. Well paced and easy to follow. The nurses and HR are willing to work with you. Loved the scheduling system.
Pros
Long breaks, felt comfortable.
Cons
Hard to understand plans and terms.
Ok but
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2018
Lowest paying stna job. I wasnt Told the compensation until I signed Papers because as a professional you wouldn’t ask the pay during the interview that is something the hr should mention in the interview but in this case it was different
Cons
Low pay, under staff
Lack of staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MISeptember 15, 2018
There was never enough staff for the number of clients. It seemed your constantly having to work over or come in early due to the lack of staff on hand. The nurses were amazing to work with and the clients were grateful for any and all assistance provided.
Pros
Benefits and coworkers
Cons
Lack of Staff
I would NOT reccomend working at this facility!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I would never reccomend this place to anyone! When you first get hired, they don't tell you that your hours get cut in the kitchen at this facility when the census goes down. The turnover rate is so high because of staff being underpaid and overworked in every department. The management is very condescending and don't listen to the employees if there is an issue. I have mentioned issues to my supervisor and she did nothing about a coworker creating a hostile environment and bullying other employees. I have asked for more time to complete tasks and was refused some. Some employees would clock out to finish their job because of poor time management from the management. The training was disorganized because they would teach you the easy wrong way but will train you last minute of how to do it the right way for state. The pay is around $9 to start at in kitchen which is low compared to other nursing homes. The other issues at this facility are they will fire you if you have documents to prove if you had to call off because of a medical emergency and it is hard to get time off too. The only good thing out of this experience is cross training in different shifts and paid holiday.
Pros
Cross training
Cons
Management sucks, no balance in life, cut your hours based on census and overwork staff
caring
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 21, 2018
I cared for lots of people. they never wanted me to go home.I gave up my vacation time cause no on else was there to work.Hardest was seeing people pass away.
Pros
being appreciated for the long hours and days of work i done
Cons
being let go
disorganized
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 18, 2018
they like to help you learn how to do new skills but they change the terms each time. random meetings several times a month, doesn’t work around nightshift.
Productive and a good experience
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 16, 2018
Altercare provides the training and education you need to start your career in the nursing field and they offer a chance to further your career. Such as lpn, or rn
Cons
Mandation
Not good..
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHAugust 14, 2018
The work is easy but very physically demanding, and unless you have great coworkers, it can be stressful. Very understaffed and did not feel appreciated/respected. Not to mention the pay was extremely low. I barely got trained, but then was upset with when I asked questions or made a mistake. HR was very nice/supportive and did a great job helping with pre-employment. Free dinner was nice..But other than that, I wouldn't reccommend it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Work Environment
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHAugust 13, 2018
Love My Residents and the care given is better then most nursing homes. the turnover rate is high. I believe this is due to management hiring younger aides then previous years. Floors would be fully staffed if it was not for the daily call-offs.
Productive work life
Admissions and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHAugust 12, 2018
Altercare is proactive in STNA and nursing education there is also continuing education for all employees regarding healthcare issues. It is a great place to work in the healthcare industry. Typical day is fast paced. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the resident needs and family wants.
Pros
Will pay for continuing education for STNA/Nursing
Cons
death
Patient care constantly compromised by unethical management
Senior Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2018
I won't say much but I will say that I'd never put a family member into that facility. Employees are constantly faced with difficult ethical decisions regarding patient care that are completely preventable if upper management would do their job.
Ok work place
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Thornville, OHAugust 1, 2018
Ok work place understaffed for amount of work load employees are difficult to get along with but you work with the same residents every single day that you go to work
Pros
Getting to work with the same residents every day
Cons
Low pay for amount of work load
very stressful
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHAugust 1, 2018
Demands from several dept. heads at same time as well as demands from corporate office to be done. Never enough time permitted to accomplish demands. always being told to watch hours!!!
stna
Laundry and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 23, 2018
Altercare in Louisville was not a pleasant place to work. I worked midnights. They aides on day shift were horrible and did not care about the residents. we would have to start getting them up at 4 AM because we were so understaffed and day shift wanted everyone up.
Great management
Dietary Aide (Work Assessment) (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJuly 18, 2018
I completed a work assessment as a dietary aide and loved working in the kitchen! I would have loved to apply for a part-time position if I could get transportation to Portage County!
Great place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 17, 2018
The facility is beautiful. It has a great management group. They work hard and they care about the people they care for and work with. They balance things out well there and the administrator is top notch!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altercare Integrated Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about