Altercare of Ohio, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
great lobby relaxation room
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Hartville, OHJune 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting everything done accordingly because it ensures me that everyone is taken care of and I'm making a difference in the production of the company.
Pros
getting everything done providing a constant work enviroment
Cons
emergency malfunctions at work that can cause caos
Management will stab you in the back. Mean and unfair to the nurses and aides
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
Horrible management. Unfair to residents and nurses and aides... favoritism shown by management to certain staff and discrimination shown with a lot of staff. Administrator demeans nurses in front of residents, family and staff. DON and ADON same thing...unfair, bullying tactics
Would not go back
LPN (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2017
Staffing ratios were awful, management were nice as people but terrible at managing. Regular schedule was 48 hours per week (4 12s) but often ended up working 6-7 12s a week. Benefits were awful, and couldn't cover my spouse because he was employed, which makes no sense. Staff were run ragged, forced to work short, and if you did end up with a day off they called relentlessly to ask you to come in. You could not pay me enough to go back there.
Aweful place to work. No caring, no accountability. Lack of everything from management.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHDecember 28, 2017
I have never seen such poor team work. I have never worked with a director of nursing that is so useless and lies and would throw anyone under a bus to get ahead. Every place has staffing issues, but this place takes the cake. Always short on supplies as well. There's too much to tell and it makes me angry to talk about this place
Pros
Def job security if you don't care and are a slacker
Cons
Abuse and neglect of the residents and staff
One of the best places to work
Cna / Stna (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHDecember 20, 2017
I absolutely loved working at altercare. It was a very well manered and nicely put to get her faciltity. The facility its self is beautiful and its fast paced but has alot of fun and interesting residents.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working there and the staff was always really nice. Very well organized work environment. Very clean and relaxing place. You will have your good days and bad days but you will get that anywhere.
Pros
Free lunches
Bad experience
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  KentNovember 1, 2017
I Imagine there are some jobs in this company that are decent however the rest of them will work you to death. I was forced to work off the clock without pay. There is a backstabbing catty atmosphere although some people were very nice . I don't know if they cared so much about taking care of patients as they did about appeasing corporate. Always trying to look good covering up things if necessary. All about the ratings. All about the bonuses for upper management. There were a lot of unhappy patients. I would not send a family member there or go there myself.
Pros
There were no pros for me. It was an overall very bad experience
Cons
high school clique atmosphere. Workload expectations. Meanest rudest horrible NP .
Preferred Provider and Employer!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 27, 2017
I'm a current employee; Altercare was my goal company to work for and after 3 years with the company it STILL is my goal company! Altercare is the most ethical, honest, quality focused and caring health care provider around! Altercare takes pride in being the preferred provider and employer in each of the communities they serve. I'm proud to belong to the Altercare family!
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Work life balance can be a little tough (holds true for any invested employee anywhere)
Terrible place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 15, 2017
Management doesn't care about your well being. They play favorites. Health insurance is ridiculously expensive, 401k doesn't even match. Management doesn't even say hello when they walk past you in the hall way. It's hard to find other aides willing to help with team lifts. Pay is low
Pros
Cons
Low pay. Management is rude. No help.
Run far away.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHOctober 4, 2017
Not only does the Admin/Managers not care, but they will blatantly disrespect you in front of everyone with no regard for you. Bad pay, and terrible work.
Pros
Haha
Cons
Rude, Understaffed, Unfair scheduling, overall laziness
Stressfull, Under Staffed, Racist
STNA/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OH and Canal WinchesterSeptember 18, 2017
All around Altercare in Hilliard and in Canal Winchester were horrible places to work there was no staff always had agency in there staff is not helpful at all, management was slow and unreliable when it came to being helpfull in any way. They were very low key racist to there staff if they were anything but white. they didn't care about have 40 residents to and 2 aides and 1 nurse on a unit I highly recommend not applying here especially if your a new STNA after being there for 5 years I now this place well and it's nothing but stress and burn out all day long.
Pros
Can't find any
Cons
Overworked, under staffed, horrible pay
Will promote from within
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHAugust 29, 2017
They are very good at promoting from within. They hire nursing students as STNA's and once you pass your boards they promote you to nurse. The hours are very long and inconsistent . You are often called to come in because of call-offs
Pros
Promote from within
Cons
Expect too much for so little compensation
Excellent Company
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousAugust 27, 2017
Company is focused on their Mission statement and providing excellent care to their employees, families, and residents. I enjoy working with the people that are involved in meeting the vision of the company.
Pros
Company culture
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHAugust 15, 2017
Great company I only left for a better employment job offer. I was able to move from a standard floor nurse to a skilled nurse on a private skilled floor.
Interview walk out
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 14, 2017
This was one of the few interviews I walked out on. They did not do their research on me. It was clear they did not value my time, I watched for a bit as I always arrive for every interview to observe workers and interactions. The place was clean and "showed well" but it was quickly apparent that the organization valued the thin "veneer"attempting to cover up underlying issues. Be careful here. Do your research and watch those red flags. Requesting paper work in duplicity...on line and on paper? Skill assessments test? Weird policies without explanation. Not reviewing ones resume? Spelling your name wrong (then dismissing it like it was your fault)? All signs they are just milling paper and data, not looking for quality employees.
Pros
Clean facility appearance
Cons
They aren't investing in any employee. Applicants are treated as temp chair fillers.
Administration only cares about a rating .
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 23, 2017
This company is not a good one to work for. They expect double the amount of work that one person could possibly do. Raises hardly happen. They expect you to work shortstaffed and get the same stuff done . Extremely high turnover in every department. They have more bosses than staff. They like to tell you that you are uneducated and they won't give you that much money when you ask for a raise if you do not have a degree .
Pros
They have a nice company picnic every year
Cons
High turnover, Low pay, no respect for "uneducated" staff
I like it
RN (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 18, 2017
I'm an RN at this facility and enjoy it. 12 hour shifts for RN, which is nice. I have a good time caring for my residents, and would recommend as a good place to work.
Pros
A lot of appreciation and food events, good support
Cons
Long term care can be a lot sometimes
Unfit Work Environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Country Lawn Rehabilitation and NursingJune 8, 2017
I was an STNA here. I was put in very unsafe working conditions and treated like I was less then a person. I saw what the elderly were treated like here. There were many uncaring staff. Ohio and OSHA standards were not followed in many ways. I suggest not working here. I know the HR that quit from Altercare. The corporation itself does not care about the people in "the system" just the profits. The HR also confirmed this. He contacted the Corporation regarding concerns about management.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Bad Coporate Standards of Care
Unsafe
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 7, 2017
Recent turnovers in management have rendered this place useless. The facility located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is horrible. The place is understaffed and the employees are over worked, and it certainly leads to the patients being neglected as far as care goes.
Pros
Job security if you do not care about being in a dysfunctional invironment.
Cons
Severely understaffed; 12 hour shifts with no time to take a break.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 15, 2017
This facility as with any other stna job is hard on the body but I did have a sense of comradery with fellow employees and management. They paid for my Stna certification.