Alternate Solutions Health Network Employee Reviews

1.9
Ratings breakdown
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for. The new and improved building makes a nice work environment. The ceo seem to ones who care for their employees. I felt undertrained but overall great place to work .
Not what they say
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2018
They suck you in with how nice they appear to be. Tell you the learning curve is grand so not to worry. That’s a joke because one mistake or ask a question you are headed for the chopping block. Clicky office staff. Horrible supervisor.
Cons
To mant
Awful Leadership
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2018
This organization is so poorly run, and takes such poor care of patients, that it is frustrating and stressful to work at. The office is full of incompetent and lazy people who offer no support, while patients complain about the poor quality of the clinical field staff. Getting supplies, equipment, or follow through for patients is a struggle. Compensation is not competitive, benefits are weak, and this is clearly not an organization to grow with. But, you can be sure you are contributing to the owners' red-bottom shoes, fancy cars, and vacation homes!
Pros
referral sources provide plenty of business
Cons
poor culture, uncompetitive compensation
Worked like a dog!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 19, 2018
You are worked like a dog and they underpay all their employees! I work 45-50 hours a week and still can't get everything done!! When you express your concerns to your manager they brush your concerns off and basically ask you to deal with it. Micromanagement! They only care about their own butts!

They say the STEPS bounses are guaranteed and they are NOT! They use it to barter for you to come onboard which is beyond sneaky! Their goal is to expect perfection and give no room for error!

DON'T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor pay, expensive benefits, micro managment
Awful management
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2018
Office management is awful , very clicky staff is Cincinnati . I stuck it out for 2 years . On call is ridiculous . You cover a lot of territory without any office support . If you complain you are “ blacklisted “
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
On call, no managementbsupport
Just don’t.
Collections (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2018
Management is terrible. They hire you for one job and place you in another and try to cover it up. If you aren’t in the click you won’t ever fit in. The office staff is stuck up, it’s a freezing cold environment. All they care about is money for the company not their individual employees. Just don’t, you won’t be missing anything except a terrible experience.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Great Company to work for and currently hiring!!
Management (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 23, 2018
This is an organization that is truly grounded in their mission, vision and core beliefs/values. From the CEO to the CNA's providing bedside care. Certainly a place that you should consider coming to work for. You are not only a team member here but certainly part of a family that is rooted in making a positive difference in each life they touch on a daily basis.
Field staff supervisor
Clinical Field Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2018
The company itself is great, does a good job of taking care of their employees. Pay is decent and supervisors are reasonable. My issues are im required to work 40 hours a week (no work from home or part time positions) and for hours at a time i would not have any work. Nothing. Just sitting here, wasting company money. Day in day out that starts to bother you so i have left the company. I feel they over staff BIG time for this position to "get reafy for the big intake" If you dont mind being bored to tears and want a NON SKILLED job, this is for you.
Pros
A company that values employees, bonuses
Cons
Boring job! Not very engaging
Unsuportive Management
PRN (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Working for Alternate Solutions has been stressful as the management is non-supportive and very one-sided. Not much respect show to anyone that is not the "RN" even though the "RN" does much less than the other disciplines do during visits. There is a lot of disciplines doing the jobs of others that shouldn't be. Seems everyone wants to do everyone else's jobs to prove them incompetent and at the same time not do their own jobs. Management is very sneaky in that they post for positions thinking that the employee won't figure out that they are replacing them...just "rude". There are patients on homecare that shouldn't be on homecare but continue to get these services to keep patient ratio high. Charts aren't updated accurately by the admissions team and diagnosis are often times incorrect. Medications not updated regularly.
Pros
Flex Schedule
Cons
Unsupportive Internal Stall and a lot of back stabbing.
Horrible place to work
Bath Aide (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Poor managment, only care about money and not our clients. Always making too many changes and it's almost never to benefit the employees. Bonuses are a joke. 3+ years at this place and other than meeting my awesome clients, nothing good came out of working here! I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
The list is too long
Stressful
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Pro, you can make your own hours
Con, lack of pto.

Honestly I am still there. I pretty much just shut up and do my job and take care of my patients and it works for me. I don't try to make a splash and I don't hear anything. However I know of co-workers that have had issues.
But here is the thing. They are actively working hard to fix these issues. And honestly, new management came in and cleaned house of employees that were not doing their jobs and making more work for the rest of us.
My only real issue is the lack of pto. 2 weeks for vacation, sick, and holidays is just not enough
Pros
Some semblance of making your schedule, awesome co workers, a new management team that is working hard to change things
Cons
Pto
What you see is NOT what you get
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Through out your interview process, as well as your training, you are painted a beautiful picture.......be aware this is a façade. What you see isn't what you get!

The goals for bonus money are unobtainable, and they make sure of that. You spend hours chasing clients, and even more hours attempting to document, and manage your client load. The on call hours are absolutely the worst ever. All communication is via email, when you receive communication.

If you enjoy long hours of chasing your tail, poor management communication, being paid the same rate as an LPN to do more work, and being on call as the ONLY nurse for either the entire West, or East side of Cincinnati.....go for it.
Not a good company to work for
Aide (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Paid the very min. Supervisors don't care about you. Aides are treated very badly. Discrimination. 19 and 20 hr work weeks.. You would get paid more to work at McDonald's.
Please run!
RN admissions (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 7, 2018
This place was terrible. Their only concern was money made. Zero concern for the field staff in any way. You go to management with a complaint and you’re the one wrote up and disciplined. I struggled to make ends meet at this job and that was never an issue before. You can work your but off for them and still no praise was given. Yet quick to reprimand and point out any wrong doings. Drive 60 plus miles to see patients when their were plenty of visits on your color team within 5 min from your home. I have so much to say but to put simple I will say this don’t work here
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Always working, constant emails, not allowed to have a true day off
Absolutely abysmal
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 18, 2017
Terrible management. Burn out. Run away! Absolutely awful. No communication. No help. No one to reach out to. No consistency. Low pay. Lies. You won't get a correct paycheck ever.
Pros
Cons
Insurance, poor management
Worst job I have ever had.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 13, 2017
It is simply not possible for this company to value their employees any less. They are all about hiring new grads who are heavily in debt and willing to do anything for a paycheck. They are not above hiring employees who are on suspension or probation for unethical behavior. Managers who promise bonuses and then find any way possible to not actually pay them. They come into an agency right before Christmas, cut pay, cut seniority, offer horrific benefits that are unaffordable, offer next to no PTO and then act baffled that the employees aren’t grateful to them for “rescuing” the situation. When they hire new employees they will promise them whatever territory they have to to get them in the door, shoving other employees to the side. Do not accept a sign on bonus from these people. It is like selling your soul to the devil. Their rates are mediocre and you are lucky to meet your productivity as they Will overdraft to avoid paying bonuses. If you don’t meet your productivity, you will not accrue the precious little PTO they offer and you will end up using your PTO to subsidize your income when you can’t meet their productivity. This company is evil brilliance at its best. They have figured out a way to make a ton of money while putting all of the risk and overhead costs on their employees. Managers spend their days finding new ways to cut employees pay. Then brainwash them into thinking they are the be all and end all of Homecare. Work anywhere but here. They are all about talking about how great they are but there is no quality of care. You will not even know  more... the people you work with or are expected to supervise. There is no support, and it gradually gets worse. And the quarterly bonuses are a joke. The best day of my life was the day I handed in my pda!  less
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Horrible benefits, little pto, poor management, unethical company
This companies bottom line is the almighty dollar
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 7, 2017
In all my 20 years of working I've never felt so disrespected as a nurse, in 3 years no a single pay raise,
Very poor management, no support when needed while out working in the field, they promise all these bonuses but yet they make it almost impossible to get them, my 3 years there I think I received maybe 5 bonuses, your on call days are horrible, every single on call days were beyond belief for what they would assign to me, for 3 years they said they were working on trying to improve the on call work load but never saw any changed
All this company worries about is the almighty dollar
Would not recommend this company to work for
Pros
I could do my own schedule
Cons
There are many
Horrible
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 21, 2017
My job was in Medical Records. The paint a very pretty picture for what a horrible job it truly is. The women I worked with were truly caddy and backstabbing. I would try to make conversation with them and they would completely ignore me and were the rudest people I have ever worked with. They care about no one but themselves and will talk bad about you behind your back if you do one thing wrong. The pay is not worth it for all that you do. You have about 2000 emails a day. The workload grew daily. They are taking on more than they can handle as all they care about is money. Their Florida branch they can't even staff, so they're non admitting patients because there is no nurses to see them in their homes. Do not let them suck you in.
Rn weekend admissions
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 20, 2017
This is the worst job I've ever had in my career nursing. Management is terrible i've been working here for 16 months and they've been through three administrators. And since this last administrator 15 nurses have walked off the job. Pay is okay but not spectacular. They tout and boast on quarterly bonuses I've gotten one in the entire 16 months. The supervisors and the internal staff treat field staff like garbage. There is no respect. Do not waste your time with this company! They are concerned with the number of people they see and not the quality of care.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Only 48 hours of PTO in a year, lousy management, and no pay raises.
Dysfunctional chaos
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 17, 2017
If you're seeking stressful employment with lack of support, continuity, and micromanagement, you've found your destination. Your attractive compensation rate is offered to distract you from the negatives, and will be reduced by everything this Agency refuses to reimburse you for, while doing their business. Every decision requires filtering through the top as the supervisors lack home health experience and are restricted in making immediate independent decisions.
Pros
training program
Cons
poor medical/vision coverage, inadequate mileage reimbursement, lack of continuity due to high staff turnover, ineffective and inexperienced managers/supervisors, lack of home health experience in clinician, support, and management positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alternate Solutions Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight