Altice USA Employee Reviews

Found 1,293 reviews matching the search See all 1,387 reviews
Lost Sight of Purpose
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 18, 2018
The current company stopped using it's greatest resource (the employees) and over extended itself. The previous company relied on the employees and they drove the companies success.
Pros
Freedom of ideas
Cons
You are just a pawn and very expendable.
intersting work, hectic schedule throughout the day
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 17, 2018
there is no dull moment as the tasks are interesting, but it is so hectic since there are multiple deadlines throughout the day that need to be upheld.
benefits
Cons
stressful deadlines
For a first time Job it was great
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYOctober 16, 2018
My supervisor was fantastic if it wasn't for her I would have left my job a long time ago. It's a job that wouldn't help me advance in the career of my passion. I helped customers with their problems and that was the best feeling ever. However the job itself wasn't worth the stress and anxiety I got.
Pros
Good Support System, The experience you get if you want to do help desk in the future. Benefits
Never Again
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 7, 2018
I worked at Cablevision not altice. I don't know how much things have changed but I know that the salary certainly has and it has dropped quite a bit. There was a constant influx of calls and at the time that I work there there was a great Divide between the different departments. High stress, high volume, no real breaks. Everything was rush rush rush with no time to take to provide quality to the customer base
Re
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work tech were very helpful you always knew where you stand when it came to your job management was vert instrumental when it came to tool and the proper way to use them
Pros
Fre lunches
No looking back
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 29, 2018
High turnover rate, constant schedule changes, unrealistic performance metric goals, incompetent management. This company was once optimum / cablevision , the culture has totally changed. Tons of international outsourcing..with an “everybody out for themselves” attitude. Departments no longer work with each other to solve problems because everybody is totally stressed out from the complaints of customers and the unrealistic goals management has designated. Do yourself a favor don’t apply here. You are better off.
Cons
Worse company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, okSeptember 26, 2018
When atlice USA took over Suddenlink commutation they changed EVERYTGING and continued to change everything and no inform you that they changed it. Commission structure was changed 3 different times in a year and they would back date the commission and then they would find every way not to pay you what youve earned. Worse company that should have stayed over seas!
Pros
Discount on service
Cons
Change in policy, not paying you, management sucks.
Good Company to work for
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 25, 2018
It's a great company to work for. The benefits are good and there is a lot of room for advancement. Customers can be a bit stressful at times but overall it's a good atmosphere to work in.
a once great company that went downhill fast
Sales L&D Manager (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Suddenlink was an amazing company to work for, sadly everything took a turn for the worse after Altice acquired them. They eliminates hundreds of jobs, the customer service went south, and people quit caring.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Altice closed our offices
Virtual Dispatch Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 23, 2018
After purchasing Cablevision, Altice closed half the offices including all offices in Connecticut, despite promising no changes in the first year. News 12 currently has a pending lawsuit over closings in their department.
Interesting Environment, That I have outgrown.
Architect Principal (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Typical Day: Technology Architecture at an Enterprise level, Proof of concept deliverables, Reference Architectures, Reference Implementations,Technical Writing, Emerging Technology R & D, System Integrations, Software Implementations.
I have learned a tremendous amount over the past decade, All aspects of Technology Skillsets, People Interactions, Architecture, Strategy, Leadership, Mentorship, Complex integration, Honed software development skills, Agile SDLC, Waterfall SDLC, Enterprise DataWarehousing, Parallel & Functional Programming, Enterprise Cloud Toolsets, Multiple Platform development, Cost Reduction, Resource Reduction and Consolidation, and Planning.
Senior Management is solid, a majority of my direct leaderships have always leveraged my skillsets in many ways resulting in excellent productivity, collaboration, and timely delivery of business asks.
The recent changes of executive leadership, the layer above, has altered the culture in many ways. More conns than pros for me to personally thrive in.

The culture used to be more employee centric, with an excellent balance of mentorship, positive assurance, good morale, polished professionals with great communication vertically and opportunities for advancement. This has all changed in recent years, everything has turned into a calculator of just numbers instead of taking into consideration human tangibles that makes for opportunistic personal career growth.
The hardest part of my current employment is, knowing that no matter how much I learn, constructively build, deliver, achieve and excel there is no opportunity
  more... to advance my career..
Folks stay at their job because of their rapport with their boss, I truly enjoy working for my current managing director, I've been given and taken advantage of many opportunities which has, first, helped the company make delicate decisions. Second, grow tremendously with all sorts of technology and people. Third, and unfortunately, realize that if I stay other opportunities are going to pass me by and limit my future potential
Pros
There's plenty of work to execute and accomplish
Cons
Lacks a future for a career path and growth vertically
Hectic, stressful and unorganized.
Critical Systems/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Preferred working at this company when it was still Cablevision. Things have drastically change within the company and it feels like there is no more direction.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
layoffs, hectic, 24/7 on call, no leadership
Fast paced working environment
SMB Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJSeptember 18, 2018
A typical workday involves face to face time within an assigned territory. Management quota expectations are doable, but I found it tough to be consistent in retiring quota. Basically need to sell an account each and every day.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Quota
The location had to close
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 17, 2018
The company who owned Cablevision took care of there employees. Altice had to close the center due to high costs including High TAXES in CT. Optimum kept increasing prices and more and more customers left. Partly due to greedy company's like ESPN ABC NBC CBS.
Pros
Game room and free milk and coffee to employees
Cons
Closed all CT locations
The worse company to work for! Altice USA
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I started working for (optimum) in 2007 which was also known as Cablevision. Who was then brought out by Altice USA a European company! We found out the company was sold thru the customers calling in. They were concerned with this and how it would affect them. You would think he company would have some decent to let their employees know if the new change but No! After that they took away utensils i. The break room fired managers, supervisors , and reps who were all making too much I believe . And they had to recover the debt that they brought of something in the millions! Do not work for the low company as anyone who’s been there for longer than 3 years what’s was it like before and what it is now.
Great compant
SR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Altice USA is a wonderful company to work for. The employees and consultants are all very nice and professional. Most people here have worked for Altice USA or Cablevision for several years.
nothing
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2018
I am not working there that long. I am still learning the company. Do not like being on the phone for 8 hours. Like the workers. They try to make it fun, this is not for me.
Competitive workplace & rewarded lucratively to Produce
Commercial Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Great learning experience working for Altice USA .. Was quite blessed to productively interact with such a diverse group of creative people .. Unfortunately, family responsibilities & a short term health issue sidetracked a potentially long term & lucrative situation .. Only wish everyone @ Altice USA the best going forward into the future & many thanks for the opportunity to "make things happen".
Pros
Generous Commission structure + awesome Affiliate Organization perks
Cons
"Corporate Culture" would be healthier if less "micro managing" existed
great pay if you can get people turn their cable off and buy altice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJSeptember 10, 2018
this is a typical door- to door sales job. Some days you get lucky other days not so much ,good luck getting upper management to understand that .Great pay if your lucky .
Not sure of the outcome
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Worked at the Bronx location. Altice took over Cablevision about 2 years ago. The quality of life declined because we did not know if we would keep the jobs we were given when it was Cablevision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altice USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight