Altice USA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,227 reviews matching the search See all 1,316 reviews
Great Enviornment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 12, 2018
One of the best places to work and companies to work for. They allow a lot of room for growth in the work place. The group of people there are welcoming and work as a team.
Great company!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 11, 2018
Customer focus. Basically help customer determine which products work best for them. Employees have the opportunity to help clients learn about all the products and services.
I did outside sales
Account Manager/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 6, 2018
When working for altice, at the time they were cablevision. I loved cablevision for the free benefits, meaning they didn’t charge you for them. The managers and staff are cut throat, and the better you do in your first 2 months the better your leads will be. I did ok and my leads showed. I went to places that people hated to go.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
The CEO of cablevision sucked. Good luck to the new guy
Horrendous
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2018
There is no job security and be prepared to be micro managed by management. If you're not one of their faves, they will make your life a living pain. There's no understanding and no work/life balance. They will work you to the bone. Not a good place to work at. There turnover rate is high because of the stress level and dealing with irate customers. Hated this place.
Cons
It has a lot of benefits
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2018
The company has many benefits but it is very straining as well. It does not offer job security. It's a revolving door. You see such a high turnover rate.
Fast paced
Technical Support Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 4, 2018
When working at Altice USA you have to be able to mutli-task, be patient with customers, and not personalize the customer dissatisfaction with company.
Pros
Overtime, pay
Cons
Customer dissatisfaction
Daily Work
IT, Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2018
Picking up calls to assist customer needs. Help can be a challenge at times. Very strict metrics. Schedule changes are pretty frequent. New directive towards company goals and achievements are ambitious.
Pros
Pay
Could be a great place to work but too focused on cutting corners
A volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 24, 2018
After purchase too focused on cost reduction, letting everything else fall by the wayside. Became frustrating to work - could not get anything accomplished due to constant restructuring.
change is constant
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 23, 2018
There is constant changes within the company. I feel that management does not allow ample training to review the new policy changes. The company does provide great pay, excellent benefits. The people I work with are all eager to help the company succeed.
Pros
my fellow employees
Cons
training
Fun work place
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2018
Assist multiple client with product inquiry. Place orders and schedule client with appointment for service installation. Process payment for services order. Management always willing on helping. Diverse workplace.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
n/a
Altice USA
Sr. Advance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYMay 23, 2018
great work atmosphere, job pays good, employees are great. Management could be better. But the overall compnay comes with great benefits and oppertunities
Swirling mass of stress and no direction
Senior Level Optimum Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 18, 2018
This place was a mistake from the second day I got there. Stuck it out and they paid us well as they had to bribe us out of union coming in. One of THE worst managed places I have ever seen, EVER! Dolans Sucked and then sold everybody out to this a**hole from France.
benefits
Cons
Everything else
Altice does not care about it's customers
Network Operations Center Technician Level (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 16, 2018
Altice rather downsize to save a few bucks rather then provide for a reliable network. With so many project and issues at hand instead of keeping personnel they let people go.
fun
Executive (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 15, 2018
great pay, fun leads are provided, average over 60 knocks a day
travel to appointments in your own car. educate customers on promotions and plans. create your own schedule
This job is extremely difficult, but impeccably rewarding.
Direct Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2018
A typical day at Altice is attending my daily meeting at 10 am. From there, I gather my sales supplies, follow up on installations and future or current customers, and then I drive to the field (where it can sometimes be 40 minutes away) where I knock an average of 65-90 doors a day.
I learned that no matter what happens, you have to keep pushing forward. I was yelled at, cursed at, and had doors slammed in my face frequently, but I kept pushing. I learned to never give up.
I learned how to manage my day as I am in charge of my time. I decide when I start knocking doors, and I decide when I go home. I am in charge of how much money I want to make based off how hard I work, so I had to learn how to manage my days well in order to make the most from them.
The hardest part of this job was the discipline. There would be days I didn't want to get out of my car to knock because I would dread having another door slammed in my face or another person say unkind things to me. Day after day for a year and a half I got out of my car.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I got to meet. I made friendships from this job whose doors I knocked on and sold internet and cable to. No matter how many unkind people I ran into, the amount of the kind ones I met tripled them every day. Those people made my days worth it.
Pros
Exceptional benefits and Paid Time Off.
Cons
Working outside in all seasons: heat, cold, and rain for 6+ hours a day and having to work alone for the entire 8 hours a day I work.
Work place
Advanced ISP Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 13, 2018
I only worked for Altice USA for a short period of time which was Cablevison prior to the buyout. My position in the company I was the person who ran the Hamilton Head end with 1 other person.
Productive workplace.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Great products and services. Faced several challenges due to multiple competitors. Home phone is a tough sell but overall services are more preferable.
Former Manager
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 10, 2018
I would run for the hills, if you are considering working at this company and you have a family.... there is no work life balance, when you leave for the day (8:30am-5:30pm) your expected to continue working when you get home (to meet unreasonable deadlines) this is not because there is a special project going on... this is everyday work. they are laying off and people are quitting left right and center and when they quit/leave they don't refill positions they take that work and put it on you. so you end up doing the work of 3-4 people with no additional compensation (title increase or pay increase)... it is horrible and it was the best decision to leave when I did.
Pros
discounts! free cable (if they are even still offering that)
Cons
no work life balance, minimal training, overworked employees
new owners with no direction
Senior Lead Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJMay 8, 2018
management and customer service is out the window with the new owners. They are not concerned with the employees or the balance of work and family. If you dont like what we are doing you should find something else is the attitude.
Roller coaster environment going through a lot of changes
RCC & VDO Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2018
Altice was once Cablevision. The company was acquired by Altice, USA management and was going through a lot of changes during my departure from the company. The culture became different and chaotic during the transition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altice USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss