Altice USA
50Low

Altice USA Employee Reviews in Woodbury, NY

Good benefits and opportunities for growth depending on your role in the organization. Not much growth or development opportunities in the traffic department.
It used to be a great company. All the veteran staff of laid off. Corporation restructured and laid off people there for years. Great current district manager. High internal competition.
Pros
local news network had strong reputation
Cons
highly internal competition
This was a call center environment, not much hands on, mostly phone support. LAN connectivity issue over cable, fiber optics. This is a stepping stone for entry level support.
Pros
Discounts, benefits
Cons
No hands on
Altice USA is a wonderful company to work for. The employees and consultants are all very nice and professional. Most people here have worked for Altice USA or Cablevision for several years.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The people are great here but the work can be high paced and a lot of pressure is placed on workers and feeling stressed is a constant. The workplace culture sometimes pits department against department and sometimes worker versus worker to resolve issues. Management is not clear and concise at times with workers when communicating changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers they were a great group of fun people to work with and I will remain in contact with.
Pros
Free Cable, Internet, and Phone
Cons
Management is not clear and concise with workers
Good place to work for sometime, but then the company changed owners, lots of lay offs happened, a lot of rumors started, and work life become unpleasant for most of the people because you didn't know if you would be laid off sooner or later. Another thing, for contractors/consultants, they are not treated the same as full timers, always left out.
Pros
Nothing to say about pros
After purchase too focused on cost reduction, letting everything else fall by the wayside. Became frustrating to work - could not get anything accomplished due to constant restructuring.
Formerly known as Cablevision, projects operated in agile method. Work environment was very fast-pace and management always supported the team and was very involved.
Overall, the company so fine to work for. It is not the best or worst, it is truly average. It was a good place to get a job right out of school and develop some office skills that I will use in the future. However, there was no place to grow and any higher up jobs were very few.
As an intern many years ago, I can't give a useful opinion since management has changed. During my time, my coworkers were friendly, my boss was understanding and the work was challenging though.
I spent a short time with Cable Vision (now Altice), since my family decided not to relocate to the East coast. I will narrate one incident that aptly captures my stay over there. I was employed as a contract worker, and filled in 40 hours/week in my timesheet. On one pay check, I noticed that I had been paid for 50 hours for a particular week. When I contacted my Cable Vision manager, he told me that there was no way I could have completed the assigned work for that week in 40 hours. This is a memory that will remain with me forever.
This was called Cablevision when I joined. However after the buyout the culture changed. Still a nice place to work but unfortunately my job was phased out.
The new owners have a very ambitious 5 year plan. If successful,they will be positioned well for the future. As is usually the case,much change can be stressful.
Even though they are so huge, everyone knew each other and still stay friends. Best benefits package, compensation caring managers they recruit the best of the best. I do miss working there.
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
not in existence anymore.
I learned so much regarding inside and outside sales, traveled to trade shows and worked with wonderful people as well as had excellent clients and customers.
Pros
Experience and training
Cons
Good Company, clean working environment, Free cable services.Fast paced environment.Typical call center. Different managers - different personality.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
No advancement
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, but the management was terrible and no room for advancement. Salary could have been better for a private company.
Performing help desk responsibilities for cablevision customers for phone, data, and cable services. Troubleshoot communication errors.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
On the phone a lot
Cablevision is a leader in the North East media space, and constantly challenges employees to drive the business with visionary thinking.
Daily answering phones. Learning experience on how to fix cable TV service, process credit card and check payments. Enjoy working with current co-works. The hardest part of the job is dealing with day to day angry customers due to service issues and high bills. Most enjoyable is the continuous parties and BBQ's
Good Place to work. I learned a great deal from Upper Management.
Benefits