Altisource Employee Reviews

Gran lugar para trabajar
Financiera (Current Employee) –  Inicio, León provinciaSeptember 2, 2018
Mis años en Altisource han sido buenos, he aprendido mucho pero no se me ha dado la posibilidad de crecimiento. Por esta razón es que estoy buscando posibilidades laborales en otros lugares.
Good pay but not a great place to work
Manager Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
The people are great here, but the company got some serious management problems. There's no planning and they would just hire and lay off people almost every year.
N/a
Field and Marketing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 28, 2018
Good place to work, I've worked here for a while. Lots of different opportunities for just about anyone. Upper-management was awesome, lower management was ok.
Challenging work place with good people
Insurance Loss Draft/Payoff/Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 26, 2018
The work days typically move fast. Morale on the floor is pretty low unless the team does something to boost it. That occurred maybe once a quarter if management approved it. Most of the time the team would have to meet after work for such things. The hardest part of my job there at that time was dealing with there not being an onshore trainers or individuals to lean on when needed. Also, the constant revolving door of managers made it really difficult to really settle in and get use to a management style. I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with because we were able to lean on one another and combine our shared knowledge to help us make it through the start up of the division and make sense of all the frequent changes/challenges that we had to go through.
Pros
Benifits start immediately, some good people on the floor
Cons
No job advancement oportunities, high turnover from management down
Punitive management style
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  USAJune 26, 2018
Typical old school what-have-you-done-for-me-lately management style leading to a cut throat/me first/finger pointing co-working atmosphere. Management is not aware of what the strengths of the business are and work, albeit unintentionally, contrary to those strengths. No raises in the 6 ½ years I have worked here.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
tough environment to work in. High turnover
Smart people, horrible culture
Manager, Technology Services Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Working for Altisource was one of the most challenging work environments I've ever experienced. I don't regret working there, because I learned a lot and met some amazing people while there. Unfortunately, the management was unclear of its mission and provided little to no leadership. Hiring decisions were made solely on an arbitrary 50 questions test called the wonderlic.
Not good
DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
Lots of internal struggles. Unclear goals that seem to constantly change. Treats employees as numbers and wont hesitate to move, shift or fire people. The actual people there are good, but executives and senior leadership are not.
Great Job
IT Manager | Data Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Altisource is a great place to work, has been through a great of a lot of changes and is now in a holding state as far as growth. The company is not growing anymore due to some violations from SEC etc and is why I now have to begin a new focus on my personal career growth as a whole, but I will still always have a Heart for Altisource!
confusing and stressful place to work
Sr. Manager, Property Preservation and Inspection (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Lack of clear direction from immediate management. Seemed disjointed with rest of organization. did not communicate to staff below and was not very inspiring.
SENIOR RESIDENTIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
Productive open office environment allowing sharing of information across various teams and business units. Fun place to be with great friends. Every day presented new challenges and new opportunities to excel. The most difficult thing about my job was finding ways to translate US markets and the various inconsistencies in markets to our brethren in India. Some things don't translate well. The enjoyable part of the job was finding resolutions to difficult product reviews and working to help vendors and clients reach reasonable conclusions mutually beneficial.
Pros
flexible hours, ocdcasional donuts and lunches, time and place to unwind
Cons
inconsistencies in training and types of review processes
It's all about the money
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2018
Nothing matters except making a profit. Felt a tremendous amount of pressure to deliver with very little guidance or direction provided. Everything had to be vetted with everyone before being implemented to include with people who had little knowledge, care or concern. No training or insufficient background information provided prior to making someone responsible for certain actions.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Workload
Chief Real Estate Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 24, 2018
Good management that listens to the employees. Management works very hard and expects the same of its employees. Not a place to coast but excellent for the go-getter.
Pass
Remote Sr Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 19, 2018
If you feel that putting your name, NMLS and career on the line for files that are underwritten in India with your name on them, this company is for you. You get approximately 10 to 30 minutes to review a file that has already been completed, and put your name on the line because the underwriters in India cannot be licensed.
Not much room for advancement and very stressful job.
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 10, 2018
On a typical day, you would answer around 100 calls per day collecting payments on past due accounts and setting up payment arrangements for utility customers on their accounts. Was very stressful because customers would sometimes get very irrate and verbally abusive, And some customers would get so vulgar and would personally attack ME when their utilities were disconnected due to non-payment on their accounts. I also did not like having to order shut-offs of their gas or electricity, especially when young children were in the household. While there are some state or federally mandated protections for certain demographics, (i.e.: elderly, infants, and those on breathing machines), there were others that I felt needed protections against having their power or gas shut-off, but I was not empowered to do anything about it, unless they paid their bills. The managers also did not seem to care about employees advancing or were not very understanding when an employee had personal or medical issues that affected the job. The work environment leaves much to be desired and the pay is very low.There is a very high turnover rate for retaining employees. Many do not last a year.
Pros
Decorating and costume contests during Halloween and Christmas
Cons
too stressful and very high employee turnover rate
Laid back atmosphere with progressive company culture.
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
I really enjoy working at Altisource and have learned so much since being employed at this company. The company culture has shifted a lot since my initial start date but it's been a positive change overall.
Working in the field
Senior Field Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
I was working as a field employee in the Philadelphia Region. The company is based in Atlanta GA. So I was working remotely form my home office. Very rewarding and I never missed a day of work.

Loved doing this.
OK place to work
Senior Sofware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2018
It would be great if the high level management team could be more stable. So they can make real plan for the company. Great location. Flexible working schedule.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 21, 2018
great hours poor management no incentives must work quickly, you sit all day so be prepared to put on a few lbs. they need to be able move around more and interact with coworkers
Horrible company to work for
Realtor (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 9, 2018
Horrible company to work for and to top it all off- they don’t pay realtor commissions unless you fight for your pay! Leads are given as pre qualified and none are . Leads are usually nowhere near your area. None could qualify. Corporate office penalizes realtors for not selling homes to people who could not qualify for financing. You can sell homes to clients you procure on your own, but try getting paid, this company does anything to keep from paying your commission. Check the BBB site!
Pros
Cons
Awful
Altisource
CSR (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 12, 2017
Long work hours, fast paced, stressful environment. Expectations are unrealistic when goals are set beyond reasonable timelines. coworkers are great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altisource. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight