Altisource Employee Reviews

No Hr on site, Company Based in India, Hostile Work Enviroment
Debt Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 7, 2019
No Pto until 90 day probation period is over and you still accrue 2.5 every pay period.
No Sick Time.
Management micro manages and expect you to make
200 outbound calls daily for accounts that have not been paid in over 10 years.
Hostile Work environment
Training is through a computer and not effective towards your role
You will be held accountable in your 90 day probation period
They make you sign a waiver prior to employment that if you dont make it through your 90 day they will not pay unemployment benefits - ( which is false because if they terminate they are at fault, but they want you to believe it was your fault)
Co- Workers are very nice but they have been there over 10 years age genre 40+ and up

if you are under 30 do not apply here
Pros
Free coffee and 1 hour Lunch Break
Cons
No pto, no sick time, mico management and Hostile Work Environment
Well
Trustee Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
My direct manager was awesome. My teammates treated each other like family.

There is a open floor layout so unfortunately you got to hear management yelling at other team members in the company, talking negative about other people in the company, and I’ve heard several conversations with management being discriminatory in the hiring process.

Benefits were expensive. Company handed out the first raise in 8 years after I was at my 2 year mark but it didn’t benefit anyone being as they under pay you anyway. Meanwhile it’s common knowledge that senior management was receiving 5 figure bonus checks based off the work is little people were putting in. They lie about bonuses in the interview so don’t negotiate your salary thinking you’ll get these bonuses that don’t exist.

Open floor plan means when one person gets sick so does half the floor. Also means, no privacy for senior management and unfortunately you happen to hear information you shouldn’t be privy to.

When I was first hired management laid off half the floor and then realized they needed them two weeks later. A week later I found out the monthly & quarterly bonuses the recruiter said I would get were a lie and that no one has ever received one.
Pros
Can wear headphones while working, Casual dress code, “free snacks” whenever they remember to replenish them, free Publix cake monthly for birthday celebrations, free garage parking
Cons
No cost of living raises, no bonuses as promised, expensive insurance that doesn’t cover much, underpaid
Overall Good
Senior Manager, Valuations (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 10, 2019
It's a good place to work, however job security is a question as they have a history of changing locations. Compensation & benefits are good but the bonus plans they offer are definitely not fair.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Incentives & Job Security
Has potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
The company has potential, but often gets in its own way. I have had great experiences with this company and will unfortunately be laid off soon. I wish they could find a place for me, but it is not likely. I gave my all to this place...
Great company and great people in charge!
REO Escrow Officer (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003October 16, 2018
Even though I was laid off I still believe this was a great company to work for. They don't have much in the way of advancement in California but upper management has vision and the culture is strong. Work life balance is important and they believe in family and a life outside of work as well as giving back to the community.
Pros
Work life balance is awsome!
Cons
Not really great advancement opportunities in Ca.
It's a convenient job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2018
Local daily operations were fine however, working with the groups in India and Uruguay could be, at times, challenging. Internal systems for finance, auditing, etc... have a very clumsy process flow.

Regular employees were a pleasure to work with, though as the company began to downsize morale started to decline.

Enjoyed working with fellow team members - best part of the job.
Pros
Team members, direct management
Cons
Lack of transparency and lack of upward mobility
Good pay but not a great place to work
Manager Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
The people are great here, but the company got some serious management problems. There's no planning and they would just hire and lay off people almost every year.
N/a
Field and Marketing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 28, 2018
Good place to work, I've worked here for a while. Lots of different opportunities for just about anyone. Upper-management was awesome, lower management was ok.
Challenging work place with good people
Insurance Loss Draft/Payoff/Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 26, 2018
The work days typically move fast. Morale on the floor is pretty low unless the team does something to boost it. That occurred maybe once a quarter if management approved it. Most of the time the team would have to meet after work for such things. The hardest part of my job there at that time was dealing with there not being an onshore trainers or individuals to lean on when needed. Also, the constant revolving door of managers made it really difficult to really settle in and get use to a management style. I mostly enjoyed the people I worked with because we were able to lean on one another and combine our shared knowledge to help us make it through the start up of the division and make sense of all the frequent changes/challenges that we had to go through.
Pros
Benifits start immediately, some good people on the floor
Cons
No job advancement oportunities, high turnover from management down
Punitive management style
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  USAJune 26, 2018
Typical old school what-have-you-done-for-me-lately management style leading to a cut throat/me first/finger pointing co-working atmosphere. Management is not aware of what the strengths of the business are and work, albeit unintentionally, contrary to those strengths. No raises in the 6 ½ years I have worked here.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
tough environment to work in. High turnover
Smart people, horrible culture
Manager, Technology Services Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Working for Altisource was one of the most challenging work environments I've ever experienced. I don't regret working there, because I learned a lot and met some amazing people while there. Unfortunately, the management was unclear of its mission and provided little to no leadership. Hiring decisions were made solely on an arbitrary 50 questions test called the wonderlic.
Not good
DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2018
Lots of internal struggles. Unclear goals that seem to constantly change. Treats employees as numbers and wont hesitate to move, shift or fire people. The actual people there are good, but executives and senior leadership are not.
Great Job
IT Manager | Data Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Altisource is a great place to work, has been through a great of a lot of changes and is now in a holding state as far as growth. The company is not growing anymore due to some violations from SEC etc and is why I now have to begin a new focus on my personal career growth as a whole, but I will still always have a Heart for Altisource!
confusing and stressful place to work
Sr. Manager, Property Preservation and Inspection (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
Lack of clear direction from immediate management. Seemed disjointed with rest of organization. did not communicate to staff below and was not very inspiring.
SENIOR RESIDENTIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
Productive open office environment allowing sharing of information across various teams and business units. Fun place to be with great friends. Every day presented new challenges and new opportunities to excel. The most difficult thing about my job was finding ways to translate US markets and the various inconsistencies in markets to our brethren in India. Some things don't translate well. The enjoyable part of the job was finding resolutions to difficult product reviews and working to help vendors and clients reach reasonable conclusions mutually beneficial.
Pros
flexible hours, ocdcasional donuts and lunches, time and place to unwind
Cons
inconsistencies in training and types of review processes
It's all about the money
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2018
Nothing matters except making a profit. Felt a tremendous amount of pressure to deliver with very little guidance or direction provided. Everything had to be vetted with everyone before being implemented to include with people who had little knowledge, care or concern. No training or insufficient background information provided prior to making someone responsible for certain actions.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Workload
Productive technician
Senior Technical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Learned to take care of my own problems in IT. Resolved issues with new methods and was able to maintain a high standard helpdesk with limited resources successfully.
Pros
Self-motivated
Cons
No time off
Chief Real Estate Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 24, 2018
Good management that listens to the employees. Management works very hard and expects the same of its employees. Not a place to coast but excellent for the go-getter.
Pass
Remote Sr Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 19, 2018
If you feel that putting your name, NMLS and career on the line for files that are underwritten in India with your name on them, this company is for you. You get approximately 10 to 30 minutes to review a file that has already been completed, and put your name on the line because the underwriters in India cannot be licensed.
Not much room for advancement and very stressful job.
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 10, 2018
On a typical day, you would answer around 100 calls per day collecting payments on past due accounts and setting up payment arrangements for utility customers on their accounts. Was very stressful because customers would sometimes get very irrate and verbally abusive, And some customers would get so vulgar and would personally attack ME when their utilities were disconnected due to non-payment on their accounts. I also did not like having to order shut-offs of their gas or electricity, especially when young children were in the household. While there are some state or federally mandated protections for certain demographics, (i.e.: elderly, infants, and those on breathing machines), there were others that I felt needed protections against having their power or gas shut-off, but I was not empowered to do anything about it, unless they paid their bills. The managers also did not seem to care about employees advancing or were not very understanding when an employee had personal or medical issues that affected the job. The work environment leaves much to be desired and the pay is very low.There is a very high turnover rate for retaining employees. Many do not last a year.
Pros
Decorating and costume contests during Halloween and Christmas
Cons
too stressful and very high employee turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altisource. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight