Altitude Marketing Employee Reviews

Altitude is great!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYMarch 5, 2019
Altitude Marketing is great. They promote from within and the pay is competitive. Benefits are available and management is fair. The owners are hands on which is very important.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Challenging sales
Was very limited sales floor
Dish Network Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYOctober 11, 2018
I didn't like that the departments were very polarized and top management too far from the sales floor activities and day to day knowledge. Many of the team leads micro manage and there is always disorder among sales reps.
Pros
Could make good money quickly
Cons
Management was very strict about docking bonus every week
I felt disgusted
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Altitude Marketing was mostly inbound sales but the tricking techniques employees were encouraged to use in order to secure the sale left me drained. It was one of the most stressful, hardest and unfulfilling jobs I've ever worked. The bonus structure changed frequently, the benefits were sub-par and I felt like I wasted 3 months of my life.
Pros
Management was personable
Cons
Felt like I was scamming working class people
Very busy day
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NY 14094July 19, 2018
Keeping busy. Answering phones, Ordering lunch. Its important to work with a positive environment/people. They have downsized quite a bit. Its a good company to work for.
This was the worst place to work i have ever been!
Sr Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYApril 13, 2018
Management will stab you in the back without a second thought! Communication skills are non existent. Terrible moral aamong employees. During my employment there I had a bully for a boss!
Pros
Cons
Too many
cut throat, like high school
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYMarch 5, 2018
immature, cut throat atmosphere. inadequate managers with napoleon complex who are condescending and make your day stressful. i would never recommend this employer
unstable
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYFebruary 26, 2018
This company is often on the verge of going under due to poor management decision making, therefor many people get laid off. its a decent paying job just unstable and unprofessional.
Good Atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Everyone is on the same page when it comes to change! Sales is always changing, so we adapt and embrace it.
Pros
Atmosphere
Benefits
Needs improvement
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 21, 2016
I learned after working at Altitude Marketing there are a lot of people who you cant trust. Management isn't management, they do not give you long enough breaks there. There isn't a actual break room where you can into and eat lunch.
n/a
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 1, 2016
Great learning opportunity Answer phones to assist customers with inquiries or issues
Explain services offered by the company that could be beneficial to the customer
Take notes of all customer calls for future reference
Accept and process account payments and contracts
Return phone calls to inquiring customers regarding company services and policies
Great bunch of people work there. VP is unsociable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkSeptember 19, 2016
Worked at Altitude and enjoyed my time there for the most part. Having a background in sales was helpful while there for only 2 years. Management was OK, but the Vice President seemed out of it at times and completely unsociable. Managers and General Manager nice guys, but not a lot of college graduates. My opinion is that it is a transient sales office and not a career path. Sold place if you want to excel in sales at some point, but do not stay too long. Money was above average for Call Centers in Western New York.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Vice-President.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYAugust 9, 2016
Good starter job for someone under 35. No room for growth and compensation continually changes. Very relaxed work environment and coworkers are a pleasure.
A fun place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 5, 2015
Altitude Marketing is a fun place to work! You can wear jeans, get paid training and paid time off. There's many sales contests & other incentives to meet sales goals every month - prizes, lunches, bonuses.
Pros
Sales contests, free lunches, prizes
high turn over
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 17, 2015
When I began it was a great place to work, having the potential to earn 1000.00 dollars week. However, very misleading and the benefits are not very good.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
deceitful
Great learning experience in an office environment
Live Greeter (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYJuly 27, 2015
A typical day was taking 200-300 calls a day sending a client or a person inquiring about dish network to the correct department either sales or customer service. And collecting their name, number,and adress all before shipping them.
I learned how to become less shy and more outgoing when it came to taking so many calls. I also learned other peoples jobs around me so if a customer was having an issue with their bill I could inform them of what was happening without having to transfer them to customer service, because that got some customers upset
My manager was very nice, he critiqued me when I accidently sent someone to the wrong department he was firm but fair.
My co workers were slow to warm up to because they had just changed from an automated system to actualy "live greeters" like me so it took them a while to warm up to me but eventually we got along just great. I just put on a good attitude everyday.
Hardest part of the job is when someone would call in and they were extremely upset, they wanted answers I couldn't give them, they didnt want to be transfered and they just yelled in my ear. I learned to just deal with it and try and calm them down
I loved the experience, i never had an office job before, but it was a calm environment for the most part and it was very rewardinng
Pros
Comfortabe environment
Cons
short breaks
Poor
Inbound Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYApril 16, 2015
Marketing was very bad, didnt give alot of room for success. Promised bouses and prizes for hard work and effert, never seen anything for all the effort put in.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short Break
Good work environment. Employee's were always monitored on performance for areas of improvement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYMarch 23, 2015
A competitive and thriving work place for employees who seek to progress with company with much incentives to achieve sales goals.
fast paced call center, good contests
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYMarch 12, 2015
loads of phone calls
I learned how to actively listen to the needs of cutomers and their needs.
Management isn't the best
co-workers were dedicated
cross selling the products wasn't the best methods
winning great prizes was the most enjoyable
Pros
Good products
Cons
Getting paid for the amount of work produced
Always something to do.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYNovember 8, 2014
Typical day would include answering phones and making sure the customer is taken care of. I have learned to be patient and never judge because you never know what someone is going through. I enjoy working there my coworkers make the day go by, sometimes it does get tedious with call after call but having fun coworkers around you makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Timed breaks
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Exciting contests and a lot of earning potential if you don't mind a little competition.
Plus they just revamped the entire bonus package giving us the chance to earn way more than before!
If you can sell then this is a great place to work.
Very flexible hours and scheduling! Substantial incentives to work night shifts make it very lucrative.
Pros
Big paychecks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altitude Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Altitude Marketing Reviews by Location