Altman Management Company, Inc.
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Working at Altman Management Company, Inc.: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Proper training for team and management

Bad management , Maitenance staff need more training. No team players. Improve with manger training. Human Resources is not for the workers only management. Upper management needs to make sure office runs smoothly.

Pros

Early out, safety of employee during bad weather

Cons

Health care, no team players

April 19, 2022
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We try to be a fair employer who values all of their employees as we know our success depends on them. We encourage an open-door atmosphere during employment to allow for all employees to be seen and heard with a respectful exchange.

Great Company

I have been set up for success from the moment I started with the company. Management has been supportive and has helped me excel in my position. Pay is great and there is room for growth. My team is the best and I am very fortunate to be apart of such a great company!

Altman Management Company, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Overall Positive Experience

Overall Altman Management Company, LLC is one of the better management companies I’ve worked for. Their pay is fair, benefits are fair, paid time off is fair. They encourage your growth and provide you the opportunity once you’ve proven your worth. Show up, excel in your role, and you will be rewarded, valued, and appreciated.

Pros

Leadership, Training, Opinions/Suggestions are Heard & Valued

Cons

Slightly Behind on Industry Software/Technology

Its a job until you find something better. Company DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES at all and makes no secret of it.

As long as you showup everyday and do all the work while your manager watches youtube videos you are good. Have to be on call all the time too so stay close.

Pros

Eh.

Cons

About all of it

Managment had no clue what was going on or couldnt get managment hired

Ok company for starting out in field but on call constantly and management had no clues as to what to do or how to manage people. They never hold tennants accountable for anything.

Pros

Slower work pace

Cons

Managment has no clue what they are doing

April 19, 2022
We appreciate the time you took to bring your concerns to our attention. An open-door atmosphere during employment is encouraged to allow for all employees to be seen and heard and also so we can learn how to improve as a company.

Poor Management

The culture at this company have developed a "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy. The community manager is inexperienced and while this isn't entirely a bad thing, the lack of accountability and growth really does show. Trying to hold conversations with the community manager to discuss your concerns is futile as it is met with getting hung up on and being screamed at. This company also has a cliquish culture and if you're not apart of the clique which consists primarily of gossiping and talking bad about others within the company, then you are treated differently. This also comes from the regional manager which is sad considering someone in that position should be held to a higher standard but that isn't the case. What makes it even worse working there, is that the regional and community manager are really good friends which oftentimes clouds the judgement of the regional manager and her needing to step in. You're often told one thing but then given something different to do which ultimately sets you up for failure instead of succeeding in the role. The role itself is not hard however it's made harder than what it should be! Fear of retribution was a huge concern for me as those in upper management are unable to separate business from pleasure.You are often given band-aid solutions to larger problems such as in the case with the maintenance supervisor. I do not recommend this company to anyone who values or takes pride in their work and who seeks to learn and grow within an organization.

Pros

The residents are amazing and friendly

Cons

Poor, inexperienced management

April 19, 2022
We work diligently to be a fair employer who values all of their employees, as we know our success relies heavily on them. We are disappointed to hear about your situation and will use your feedback to strengthen our training program.

Interesting place to work.

Management was willing to train you. Worked with the community where they served to make life better. Appreciated employee when life circumstances occurred by demonstrating they cared. In most cases the company would provide what employees needed. Examples: schedule to attend school & time off even when short notice.

Pros

Very lively, always a tasks/project to participate in.

Cons

Would have liked to see more career opportunities available.

April 19, 2022
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working at Altman Management Company. We appreciate your kind words about our training program and how we strive to always provide our residents with 5-star service. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Thank you!

Great place to work!

Altman is dedicated to their employees and residents. They are a safety first community. It’s been a truly positive experience Working for the company.

April 19, 2022
We are overjoyed to hear that you loved working at Altman Management Company. Our dedication to our residents and employees is something we pride ourselves on, and we appreciate your kind words. Thank you!

Not a good environment.

I worked for the company for 11 years. It was a terrible and stressful environment. I remain close with most of the staff I managed but we all left the company. We are all happier with our new employers. Don’t waste your time applying for this job. Benefits were so costly that only management could afford them. You have to work ten years to get three weeks vacation time. HR is absolutely terrible and reason for most problems in company.

Pros

Cons

Benefits and time off.

Family oriented

Altman Management was a great company to work for from 2007 till 2017 when the company was sold.. The benefits and salary were excellent. I was offered a position in another state but declined. I enjoyed my ten years of working for Altman Management Company.

Pros

Free lunches, pool parties and nice bonuses

Cons

Can’t think of any....

Ok place to work

Managers ok. Benefits not affordable for average wage worker...office rep is okay to work with but communication is a little off. Residents are ok overall

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Dont know

I did not Like working here

This was not ran well at alll. I never felt like I was apart of a team. I would not atell a friend about working Altman. The staff was not to be Tidy hat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altman Management Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Altman Management Company, Inc. in popular locations

• Altman Management Company, Inc.