Altman Management Company Employee Reviews

Team work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2019
I enjoy the team I work with and the experiece I have been blessed to gain while I'm employed therr.
I have learned a lot and I continue to grow everyday that I'm at work.
No work life balance
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2019
Management as most management expects you to work regardless of anything. Even if you're vomiting. If you are the kind of person where work is 100% your life this is the job for you. If not look elsewhere. Very little training. They dont explain anything but somehow expect you to just know what to do. Pay isnt as great as they boast about. Rent in the area is over $1000 and they pay 30k and 35k . Pretty low for their expectations. They make the job worse than it is by adding unnecessary pressure and you can be let go for literally nothing.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2019
Good place to work. The pay could be higher. They require you to wear uniforms. They offer health insurance.
Relax work place environment
Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 14, 2019
Nice company to work for very safety concietious about its employees and there well being annual evaluations on raises and bonus competitive work place
Pros
Annual pay raises
Cons
Employees value or tenant not so compassionate when it comes.to.moral
Employee with perks
Leasing Consultant & Events Coordinator (p/t) (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMarch 8, 2019
You're daily in interaction with the public, the job helps you to understand people and assist them with their housing needs. You meet many people, cultures.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Loved working for this organization, very helpful people with lots of industry knowledge. Always willing to help or answer any questions. Leadership with regional was excellent at the time of my employment.
It was ok
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lindenwold, NJJanuary 14, 2019
it was ok until I got transferred from overmonthouse in cityline ave in Philadelphia pa to the landings at pine lake in Lindenwold NJ because the property was closed and needed a place to go they sent me to new jersey and it was not a fit for me
Good Company to work for
Porter (Former Employee) –  Lindenwold, NJDecember 30, 2018
learned alot of people skills, it is a good company to work for.They have Good benefits. It is a great enviroment, it has alot of great opportunies to move forward.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 21, 2018
Worst place i ever for was there for 1 and half years , this company, is a cut throat company , they don't care about u.all for them, everyday is interesting , Regional Mananger thinks she owns the company.corp, will find out the hard way , corp, allows the Regional Mananger the power...
Cons
Cut throat
Pretty Average
Multi-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PANovember 8, 2018
Overall, my experience with this company wasn't too bad however, when I had to go out on medical leave, things changed very quickly. Overall, I would consider it a pretty average company. Unfortunately, I realized that they didn't value employees in the way I would have expected.

If you are very driven and desire to grow, I wouldn't consider this a place to go as there are many long term people here and they do not purchase very aggressively so, you could end up being stuck for a while before you are able to move anywhere.
Productive and educational company
Community Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 18, 2018
Greeting residents and possible prospects. How to deal with irate tenants. Making sure the residents needs are met to the highest level. Altman U online classes.
Pros
Free Safety Lunch for staff
Productive fun environment. Great property manager. AmazIng team.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAApril 16, 2018
I love being there and interacting with my residents and making sure they have the best place to live. Listening to their opinion and try to implement. Very family oriented.
Pros
Great team. Great benefit. Discounts to employees.
Cons
Regional manager is really hard to get along with. No matter how hard you tey to impress her, its never enough and thats sad that one person can do something that snd make the job fun
Altman
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoy fixing things, so this job was a good fit. The property I worked at was 75 years old and lots of things were going bad structurally. The property manager always wanted to fix things with a band aid.
Pros
Hours were good and pay was fair
Cons
They always wanted to fix things the cheap way, not the right way
Apartment Community Manager
Property Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 9, 2017
Job was rewarding everyday there was something new going on, the corporate office staff was very helpful and supportive.

Working with the residents in an apartment community was rewarding and in some instances it was very challenging.

The hardest part of the job was collection-and going to the magistrate
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Collections
Valuable exposure to significant interaction with people
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, PANovember 17, 2017
Typical day at work involved multiple tasks.
Leaned the value of being a team player.
Management involvement was adaquate.
Great team interaction.
Making sure all tasks were completed in a timely manner.
Satisfaction with with a "job well done".
Pros
Strong corporate structure
Cons
Limited exposure to the corporate firm principles.
Great properties
Leasing and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 30, 2017
Altman Management Company is larger property management company that is great to work for. The workplace culture is professional, but centered around resident retention.
Mediocre Property Management Company
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 14, 2017
Little chance of advancement
People work in silos
Little training
Few incentives
A benefit package is offered
There is a lot of turnover, although probably in line with the industry
Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 2, 2017
Altman paid for me to go to school allowing me to become HVAC certified. The pay was very decent and also they do give certificates for a job well done.
Not just a Job, an Adventure.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 22, 2017
As an employee and as a manager for Altman Management Co., i was always encouraged and was able to grow within the company.
Support was always made available at any time 24-7.
My property always felt like a 2nd home and such a comfortable atmosphere to work. I have learned to wear 2 hats of professionalism. The Sales hat and the Manager hat.
Throughout the experience of my career, the sales experience has offered a free spirited yet goal oriented environment to spread my wings and explore the world of the steps to the sale/close and make a nice living doing so for 32 years.
As a manager, the role takes on sharing that experience in training others to success and taking on the responsibility to care for the role you have been given seriously by production, profitability and accountability to the owner/company.
Still with enthusiasm.
Pros
Salary, bonus, education and pride
Cons
eat through lunch, may get called at any time or hour
Good Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2017
Altman is a management company where you can work in a nice environment, with excellent management team. You are able to grow up professionally if you work hard.