Altman Specialty Plants Employee Reviews in Vista, CA

Featured review
Altman Specialty Plants selected this as a representative review
On the road
Sales/Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 21, 2019
You are merchandising plants onto garden center tables while setting your own hours. Being on the road heading to the next store is the hardest part as well as now having corporate orders sent in instead of creating orders at store level.
Unprofessional Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  VistaApril 18, 2019
The workload unrealistic, expectations unrealistic, staff negative/rude, workplace bullying, harassment, nothing done. World has enough hate, grow up!
Pros
Owner and his Secretary very friendly and welcoming, landscape beautiful!
Cons
Majority of staff was rude and unfriendly, didn't seem happy at work or home and brought it to work creating a negative working environment, unwelcoming to contract employee's, communication isn't positive, too many people pointing fingers instead of being team player's.
hard work, lots of hours
Welder/Repairman/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 14, 2018
My particular job was something that interested me, and my manager was a good guy who looked out for us, but that is definitely not the case with other sections under different supervision. A standard work day was anywhere from 10-12 hours long with a half hour unpaid lunch break. Its usually a six day work week so work pretty much becomes your life
Pros
Decent pay, outside all day
Cons
Long hours, poor management depending on department
labor intensive, high pace work environment
Sales merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 9, 2018
-Early start, sweeping, merchandising,watering plants,trimming plants, and building product displays.

-I learned how to work by myself while staying motivated and keeping my eye on daily objectives.

-The hardest part about this job is having to deal with dangerous merchandise such as large cactus and thorny shrubs.
Pros
work outside
Cons
inconsistent work schedule, No milage compensation
negative
Lowe's Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 20, 2018
Low moral, poor supervision, too competitive. Too negative, good hours. Flexible hours can get off early. Good benefits, poor hourly wage- not even too support myself.
Pros
hours
Cons
negative
Needs work
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 17, 2018
Make sure you do your home work before you accept a position here. No employee reviews, wages do not match market value and management is under staffed.
Pros
decent pay but there are better places to work for more
Cons
do not recognize hard work. Poor planning, poor aging facilities, lacking communications.
Great learning experience
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 13, 2017
Overall my experience here was not positive, but I learned a lot. I learned that a company of that size should have a bigger HR department. Just look at their glassdoor reviews. It will tell you everything you need to know.
Productive, Continous Work, Mixed Eviroment
Customer service/Production (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 7, 2016
A typical day of work include speaking to customers about our products. complete labor work and sell various gardening plants with optional designs. Co-workers had experience in the field of gardening so help was always possible. Hardest part of my job was to enjoy a very hot sunny day other than that it was very good. The most enjoyable part about my job was to experience learning about a variety of different preparations and how I can take this to any job.
Team oriented distribution & logistics
Dispatch Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 18, 2016
Full operations site company. Product is cultivated, prepped, and shipped all from the same work site. Great team work, no frills industry.
Outside Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 20, 2014
Outside Sales, ordering and merchandising.

It is for big box stores such as home depot and lowes

Set to coporate plan
Pros
Outside