Altman Specialty Plants Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Featured review
Altman Specialty Plants selected this as a representative review
On the road
Sales/Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 21, 2019
You are merchandising plants onto garden center tables while setting your own hours. Being on the road heading to the next store is the hardest part as well as now having corporate orders sent in instead of creating orders at store level.
negative
Lowe's Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 20, 2018
Low moral, poor supervision, too competitive. Too negative, good hours. Flexible hours can get off early. Good benefits, poor hourly wage- not even too support myself.
Pros
hours
Cons
negative
Productive, Continous Work, Mixed Eviroment
Customer service/Production (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 7, 2016
A typical day of work include speaking to customers about our products. complete labor work and sell various gardening plants with optional designs. Co-workers had experience in the field of gardening so help was always possible. Hardest part of my job was to enjoy a very hot sunny day other than that it was very good. The most enjoyable part about my job was to experience learning about a variety of different preparations and how I can take this to any job.
Productive, fast pace, before you know it 8-10 hours is a breeze
Customer service-Northern (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Seasonal March to June (spring season) November to December (winter season). Early shift 330 am to 4 pm during our on season. Would enter first thing in the morning check email and faxes and voicemail messages for any new, changes or additions to current orders prior to processing pulling reports for production crew. Generate reports, print plant labels for all product being collected for day, this is approx. 3 hours. The following 5-7 hours would be working with production and availability managers on product availability to substitute product on reports, printing new labels for products and communicating with Sales Managers of change. Also working and adjusting corporate orders based on future product availability. On our off season would support Office Manager with payroll processing (data entry), filing, processing personal action forms, Accounts payable (gl coding, issuing checks, obtaining management signatures and approvals)
Cons
Short breaks