Altman Specialty Plants Employee Reviews

Featured review
Altman Specialty Plants selected this as a representative review
On the road
Sales/Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 21, 2019
You are merchandising plants onto garden center tables while setting your own hours. Being on the road heading to the next store is the hardest part as well as now having corporate orders sent in instead of creating orders at store level.
Great Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 3, 2015
It was very nice to work for them seasonally. I would work for them again any day. The hours were good and so was the pay. I liked working at the Home Depot Stores and communication was decent.
Just started, so no comment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  1080 PR 2906September 8, 2015
It's a job...not the best company in the world, a lot of issues within, but production department is fine! I operate a forklift, move product around as needed, do other task as assigned.
productive, physically challenging day with lots of exercise, and smelling the roses!
Plant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TXMay 6, 2015
I start out my day by walking the garden center, watering the plants where needed, standing and walking, crouching, reaching and merchandising beautiful plants everyday. I report to managers on duty and insure they are happy with my job performance, interact with staff and customers on a daily basis and just have fun answering questions about our products, advising on plant placements,explaining the differences of annuals and perenials. The hardest part of my job is bringing in the racks to the garden center, I must pull between 6-13 racks twice a week and it can be tricky when we are having bad weather because the garden center closes its outdoor gates and I have to bring the racks through the front entrance, but the best part is merchandising all that color! I am an avid gardener and always dreamed of working with plants and I am loving it!
Pros
I don't have to go to a gym, I walk between 5-8 miles daily at this job
Cons
bad weather makes it a little difficult, but than I love the outdoors.
Outside Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 20, 2014
Outside Sales, ordering and merchandising.

It is for big box stores such as home depot and lowes

Set to coporate plan
Pros
Outside
Productive, fast pace, before you know it 8-10 hours is a breeze
Customer service-Northern (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Seasonal March to June (spring season) November to December (winter season). Early shift 330 am to 4 pm during our on season. Would enter first thing in the morning check email and faxes and voicemail messages for any new, changes or additions to current orders prior to processing pulling reports for production crew. Generate reports, print plant labels for all product being collected for day, this is approx. 3 hours. The following 5-7 hours would be working with production and availability managers on product availability to substitute product on reports, printing new labels for products and communicating with Sales Managers of change. Also working and adjusting corporate orders based on future product availability. On our off season would support Office Manager with payroll processing (data entry), filing, processing personal action forms, Accounts payable (gl coding, issuing checks, obtaining management signatures and approvals)
Cons
Short breaks
Responsibilities of Sales Reps.
Merchandiser/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA/West Palm,FLFebruary 24, 2013
Travel from store to store within territory cleaning and maintaining product, How to care for Roses an other plant product in South Florida, Management confused not consistence an has lack of communication between store levels and employees no structure, Had great co-workers got along great, To large of a territory an leaving for work before dawn and coming home when dark to many hours in a days work more than 40 hours a week, The plants and store employees.
Pros
work independently
Cons
not good pay for what you are responsible to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altman Specialty Plants. Our community is ready to answer.