Altorfer Employee Reviews

Fast past very motivated
Assembler/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILAugust 5, 2018
Was a great experience working there great management great over all company to work for. They treated you like family an made sure you had what you need to finish the job safely over all one if my favorite jobs .
Fun and productive place to work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILAugust 2, 2018
Fun relaxed atmosphere. Very good place to work. Excellent benefits with paid time off. Vacation, sick time paid,health insurance,401k matching, life insurance, long term and short term disability. Fun and exciting place to work. Lots of opportunity to grow within company. Everyone gets along and there is teamwork. Altorfer no's how to treat and take care of there employees. It was just very unfortunate for me that I was laid off and not called back.
Family owned business in transition
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 14, 2018
This family owned and operated business promotes a culture of integrity and honesty. It is filled with hard working employees who understand the blessing of what they have in todays market.
Immoderate
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILFebruary 22, 2018
The local management had become increasingly obstinate. They are obsessed with a dramatic and aggressive shop culture change with great cost to workplace moral and ethics.
Pros
Unionized with a competitive Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Cons
Must have eyes in the back of your head.
Average
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 9, 2017
Altorfer is an average place to work. The atmosphere is fine enough but we are a little cramped. They have average management but a low pay scale.. I like it there and I like my job, I exceed in what I do and have very strong bonds with my salesman but just need to make more money.
Typical Day
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Typical Day: Performed a lot of jobs over the years from assembly, powder coating, engines and barrels. Worked a lot of hours per day! Enjoyed my job, coworkers, and management,
Family Owned and oriented company
Wash Bay Technician (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 24, 2017
Altorfer is a family owned company that believes in giving back to their employees. They have semi annual cookouts for employees and family members. They offer discounted event tickets i.e. sports events, music concerts. Altorfer shows their appreciation to the senior employees by having luncheons to celebrate years of service. If anyone ever has the opportunity to work for this company you would be crazy not to.
Pros
free lunches, free dinners
A genuinely professional work place
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILAugust 17, 2017
I was a parts specialist for power systems. Which means I would gather the parts from inventory and place them in containers, and put them on the shop floor for assembly.
Relaxed Environment
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 10, 2017
Altorfer is a great place to work; the employees are fantastic and it offers a wide variety of career options. They offer competitive wages, benefits and 401K matching.
lots of room for advancment
Ag field technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
loved working for the company. there is so much potential for anyone to move up and so many different opportunities for advancement into Ag or construction and able to move into technology for GPS.

Want to know more about Altorfer?

Ask a question
Cannot comment
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Iowa..February 9, 2017
I liked my job, did a good job and had never had bad performance reviews, hours good, employees nice, the handbook should be more clear about the certain procedures.
Pros
hours good
Cons
cannot comment
good place to work
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Branch, IAOctober 15, 2015
I liked working there and liked the people who I worked with. Wished it wouldn't have been just seasonal. It was a fun place to work. They treated everyone the same.
Caution when you take a job here
management (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaJuly 22, 2015
employees are disrespectful to customers and management thinks the remarks are cute.
There is a sense of " take advantage of the customer and if he pays the bill with out complaint then so be it".
When I was hired I was told by other employees "watch you back"
and at a latter date that statement holds very true.
do not work here and think that you will have job security.
Altorfer is good at telling you you are doing a good job and the next day come in and tell you that you are done and no one will ever explain why, you work for a company for 10 plus years and they cannot have the respect to tell you why you are being terminated.
This company prides itself in being a family business and you get the sense that the ceo has there door open to listen at all times but that is far from the reality.
Pros
you will be real good at watching your back
Cons
lots of stress not worth the effort
Productive and fun workplace
Heavy Equipment Technician/Internship (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2013
Great place to work. enjoyed everyone who worked there. great shop to work in.
Cashier
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar rapids iowaAugust 13, 2013
Helping customers check out and make sure they have everything they were looking for. Makes for a long day. Pay is great and co workers were good
good place to work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IowaAugust 1, 2013
Filing daily documents, answering multi line phones and directed them where it needed to go, be in charge of the daily cash drawer and credit card machine with blancing it out every night.
I filed workermans compensation papers and if a mechanic got hurt on the job sent him off to the doctor and followed through with his injury until he was 100% recovered.
The manager Earl was great at his job, whenever I needed help or had a problem he was always there to talk me through it.
Pros
a couple times a year we took the profit from the pop cans and had a bbq
Cons
no room for advancement
CompleteWork Orders, Maintained Customer Service and Dispatched Field Servicemen to the field to repair Caterpillar machines.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at Altorfer was preparing quotes for future work, preparing daily work orders and dispatching field technicians to diagnose and repair Caterpillar machines Monday through Saturday. I completed all work orders for the shop and field repairs for payment.
I met with new customers, maintained customer excellence with our existing customers and I handled highly problematic situations with a reasonable solution while keeping both the customer and management happy. I worked with the local Union Steward over grievances.

I learned a great deal about Caterpillar machines. I piloted a software program from Caterpillar which aided in transferring the technicians notes onto the statement which was pivotal in time management for the technicians and myself.
Pros
management became contemptible
Cons
fun to work with field and shop technicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altorfer. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about