Altra Industrial Motion Employee Reviews

Growing company
Corporate team (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 11, 2019
Altra is an established but growing company that cares about associates. Good environment for folks who take initiative, enjoy a challenge, and work collaboratively.
Pros
culture, diversity of work, work/life balance
CNC machinst/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Altra. The bosses and leadership team is great along with HR. They treat you with respect and actually really care about their employees. I miss working for Altra Michigan City. I built alot of friendships their with my co-workers and the managment team. Their is alot of room for advancement at Altra if you show up for work and show you care about the company. They treat you fairly but the only downside I had about the job was the skilled machinist were not paid the going rate for that skilled trade. But at the same time it wasn't all their fault. I would only highly recommend working for Altra and they are a groing company with very high job security. In my almost 6 years there I built life long frienships and my last day there was one of the saddest days of my life because of the relationships I built with workers on the floor but especially the relationships I built with the managment team and HR. I hope if you are a skilled machinist or even not skilled yet you will consider Altra cause it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment. Very fair vacation time.
Cons
Pay is a little low for the machinist trade but they are getting better at realizing that.
Great company
SAP Configuration Consultant, Industrial Products (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INJanuary 12, 2019
Altra Indutrial Motion is a great company. I worked with people who were helpful and considerate. I worked independently in a quite environment. Access to leadership was very good.
If you expect to have a long career here then this is not the place to work
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2018
I worked for a good manager. But then they hired a new supervisor and the power went straight to her head. Management does NOT want to listen to what you have to say. It's a do as your told deal. Plus if your not in a "click" with a group of people you are an outsider and a trouble maker. People enjoy standing around laughing and joking when they should be working. Management claims they don't see it but it's a joke. Cell phones are allowed on the floor but management should not allow it's a distraction to your job and that's why you find a lot of bad parts especially when you get them back from customers. Not a good sign . Take it from me if you want a good job , DON'T work here.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management needs to listen more and improve
Love working for them
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Beloit, ILNovember 29, 2018
People are great very polite, helpful,like family.data entre , calling customer, working directly with in office deptments. Answering phones, Rma , use a very easy SAP system , work directly with outside sales people.
Pros
Occasionally
CNC Machine Setup (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, CTNovember 5, 2018
Altra provides an excellent work environment and competitive pay for machinist with a competent and understanding management team. Enjoy working there
Pros
Paid time off, good pay
Opinions
Assembly/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, CT 06057June 26, 2018
Management communicates well with workers, a lot of extra curricular activities held by company , okay place to work other than being overworked and underpaid
Pros
Extra curricular activities, management
Cons
Pay rate /salary / raises
Alot of Production for very little pay!
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 10, 2018
I'll get right to the point here. It's all about corporate greed here. Lowest paid CNC Machinist jobs anywhere in the nation. Its not going to be a career level move for you, unless you are in engineering or upper management. Not possible to support a family on these wages. Run Forest Run!
Pros
A good way to break into CNC machine Trade
Cons
Low wages and bad management
Horrible management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2018
Management is cut throat and doesn't care about it's employees. When I worked there they had a "job fair " to get new employees and only 1 person showed up. That month 20 employees quit as they were sick of management.
Dont waste your time
Machinist (Current Employee) –  San MarcosMarch 11, 2018
Awful management, chaotic scheduling of production, this place simply does not know what it's doing. Save your time and effort and get something somewhere else. Its not worth it. Work at McDonald's before considering this place.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Don't apply for a job you are good at
Line Lead (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, ConnecticutMarch 10, 2018
There are a lot of decent people in Altra. Good, friendly, hard working people. My Boss, however is not one of them. If you are good at something, seek that position at another company. You may be a threat that your supervisor wants to eliminate ASAP. Up to and including fabricating lies to force you out. If you plan something temporary, or just want to go to work and be forced to suck at your job, by all means apply.
Pros
affordable Benefits
Cons
Management.
If you're skilled, stay away
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, CTFebruary 14, 2018
If you are a skilled machinist, stay away. You will NEVER be compensated for it. If you like a more relaxed atmosphere or live close by, it may be ok. If you don't mind never earning what your skills are worth
Pros
2nd shift has a paid 20 min lunch
Cons
They don't pay
production oriented,structured,good management
Steve Kaminsky, Machine Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, CTFebruary 8, 2018
I ask questions when learning a new job or machine.My supervisor was very helpful and informative in the learning process.The work environment is clean and organized.This is a great company to work for.
Awesome place to work with great people
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, CTApril 27, 2017
I have been here since November and right away I felt I was at home. Would always direct a friend their way. Very direct in making sure demands are met, and always working with their employees to make sure everyone is happy.
Worked at South Beloit, IL Facility
Lead Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILApril 17, 2017
Overall good company to work for. South Beloit facility includes departments that work with multiple Altra brands worldwide. Co-workers are great. Top management does a good job of acquiring additional companies that enhance the bottom line, but a little more emphasis could be put into offering more opportunities and improved benefits for current staff. Typical corporate environment, but interesting work and overall not a bad place too work.
Growing with needfor systems
Former employee (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Good company, good size, underpay. Good people willing to do what is needed to get job done. A lot of last minute get it out type of work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Under Pat
Poor leadership
CNC Programmer/Machinist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 30, 2016
Great workers but leadership lacks, could be a great place with different management techniques and fair treatment to the workers
not a place to grow your trade
Set-up B Machine operator (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, CTJune 1, 2016
There is a good amount of work that is needed in the managment department to say the least.The main goal for this company is to train a person only anofe to get the job done. They tend to make the company look good to other people, but for the day to day workers the place is a joke .I did learn alout from my trainer when he was there but the day he left,I was left on my own . I asked for help and i got nothing in return.So I learned my own way,and know i can machine with the best of them.This is a place you go to get years under your belt then move on. The turn over rate is high.
Pros
15 min away form my house
Cons
the company it self
Workplace friendly
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  31 Industrial Park Rd, New Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2015
Complete assignments accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
An efficient work day and a lot of fun with co-workers, and learning everyday about behavior and attitude working.
out of touch
PA (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 20, 2015
The only thing they know how to do is copy other companies
Pay is not in line with others
Poor communication
Bad management
Only way to get anywhere is to be related or stroke their ego
Pros
very little
Cons
pretty much everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altra Industrial Motion. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7