ALTRES Employee Reviews

Altres Staffing
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJune 9, 2019
In order to be considered for a position, I had to convince them that my work experience was not "out of date" and that they could safely send me on an interview for placement. I was placed and hired permanently, despite Altres' initial reluctance.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2019
I love working for Altres, but the job security is not fulfilling. I love experiencing new environments and workplace dynamics, but sometimes when moving from one job to another can be challenging. There are times where once you finished a temp job you just have to wait and see if there is another job that you can move on to and you really have to rely on your manager to be in contact with you. The duration of time between jobs could be two weeks or even 2 months without a job...
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Fair Pay
Cons
Temporary Jobs
Fast Paced
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 20, 2019
Altres like other temp comapnies really kept me on my feet. It kept me busy while allowing me to work in a prefered work enviornment, as well as paid me fairly.
Pros
pay
Cons
A Job to do when you need to work
Utilities/Operator in Training (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIFebruary 21, 2019
Show up get orders and get to work.
Hard work pays off the more you work at it the better you get.
Meet all types of professional individuates.
Getting paid weekly was always nice.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
mostly temp till hired by company
Very good people
Temporary Worker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 11, 2019
A vast array of fast paced jobs for your liking. The staff was very friendly and personable. I enjoyed working for them until I got offered a full time position at my current workplace.
Great Temp Agency
o Receptionist/Administrator Office Pavilion (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96814January 9, 2019
Loved working for Altres, they always kept me working. Staff was very helpful & friendly. Not to mention the pay was great. I went on 3 assignments while I was in Hawaii and my experience with the locations was awesome. Made life long friends.
fun place to work.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 26, 2018
Fun o work here most times. very uptight and HR. Great co workers but be ready to work any thing less then prepare to leave...........................
Great Company
Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Kailua Kona, HiJune 21, 2018
I started working at ALTRES as an Admin and was promoted to Personnel Manager. It is a great company to work for with great perks and benefits! I enjoyed my job and what I did as well as the people I work for. It was a whole new ball game for me being I was in the medical field for many years, but definitely a decision I made to change and have no regrets doing so. If I didn't have to care for my children at this time i wouldn't be leaving! I would highly recommend working for this awesome company and also to utilize them for your staffing needs or to find employment. I am so sad to leave, but I have nothing but great things to say about this company!!!! Enjoyed my experience working with this company!!!!
Pros
Benefits, great team, room for advancement
Cons
no flexibility
It was a experience I could add to my working experience.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 15, 2018
It was a job I needed an thought I could progress in. Unfortunately it was a very stressful environment an lack of communication between management an employee’s.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Service (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIApril 28, 2018
I worked at the Avis at the airport. The work environment was friendly. I would have stayed if I had stayed in Hawaii. The temp agency kept in contact with me. I had consistent work.
Was able to find some staffing jobs
RN (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96814March 7, 2018
This company is a staffing company for professional people. They have different skill sets required for different types of jobs. I had to comply with local and state requirements. I worked in different settings that needed ICU experience. Other than the recruiters, I did not know management. The company was responsive to needs.
Cons
Can be cancelled on short notice
Productive and fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pearl City, HIFebruary 18, 2018
Met friendly people and learned how to do something I’ve never done. Altres helps you find the job that fits you even when you didn’t know it was there all along.
Wanted a more paying job but the staff was nice.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIFebruary 16, 2018
Altres is a good place to work for. Management and staff were very nice and understanding when it comes to scheduling. However they did not have any paid holidays or sick days. On those holidays we had to work or go pick up a check while the office was closed we couldn't. Health insurance I believe was kinda high especially when that is your full time job. However enjoyed the staff there, they were real nice and professional compared to other staffing agencies.
Awesome Place to Work
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 30, 2018
I loved working for ALTRES. The people and management were amazing. Wish I didn't have to leave. I would go back to work there if I had the chance. Mahalo, ALTRES.
Pros
People
Cons
Parking
Great with work schedule
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJanuary 21, 2018
Best part about working at Altres, was the fact of being able to set up my entire work schedule each week. It was also great that I was able to select the type of work I wanted to be doing.
Pros
work schedule, choice of work.
Cons
low pay, not much work.
Great Temp Assignment!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIJanuary 20, 2018
Got a great temp assignment. Loved it! Ended during the holidays which is understandable. Work starting to pick up now. Got to meet people from all over the world.
Welcoming and helpful
CLERICAL/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 20, 2018
Everyone made sure all new employees were learning what they needed to succeed and were understanding and quick to teach the proper way when mistakes were inevitably made.
Enjoyable workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HI 96720January 9, 2018
Altress was a fun and encouraging place. They have given me a lot of different jobs with different companies. Every week I had another task and it kept me interested.
Pros
Altress staff checks in daily
Cons
Non
no commit
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 5, 2017
not enough job offering, they keep up with the basics like cpr, tb updates etc.... however, if you don't call or text them for work, you'll never hear from them.
Local Culture / Compassion
PPA / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 30, 2017
Local Culture is pretty rough sometimes. It is very competitive and extremely judgmental by where you are from ( on or off island) I was harassed at most of the jobs I was placed with altres and the management didn't seem to care about my mental health but more so, the relationship between them and their contracted affiliates aka money source.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Lack of compassion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTRES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight