Altria Employee Reviews

Typical work day
Sales Representative and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 4, 2018
We trained in all aspects of customer relations. The hardest part of the job was working in the weather. We learned route management, contract preparation, and merchandising. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on our own, which sometimes proved difficult.
Pros
Heathcare, Car
Cons
long days
Interesting
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Dynamic environment. Had to be well-balanced to be is such a diverse company with challenges with non-tobacco callers. I enjoyed speaking to the public.
Production clean crew
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 29, 2018
processed tobacco and cleaned up factory 6 month seasonel part time laid off for 6 months you get to start back part time after 6 months employees are fun to be around
Pros
pays bills
Cons
don't expect full time job unless you know some one full time
Great job just looking for less hours
Maintenance Technician (Electrician) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2018
Maintenance troubleshooting of high speed manufacturing equipment. Preventive maintenance of machinery. Would get a call from operator that something is broke or doesn’t work and would have to troubleshoot whether mechanical or electrical.
Pros
Great pay
TSM - Altria
Territory Sales Manager, Ambassador, Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 9, 2018
They provide a lot of career advancement opportunities, amazing benefits package, best-in-class sales training, and much more. The job just wasn't a fit to my personal motivators.
Pros
Flex Fridays, Benefits Package
Cons
Work load will just keep getting bigger, no commission
Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2018
Even though I was just an intern, the work that I did was meaningful to the company and I was treated with respect. I would recommend this for an internship and a full time job.
productive workplace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
productive workplace. professional environment. all employees are treated with respect. great benefits and work hours. invited to cultural for free during the year. great work staff.
Pros
free lunches, culture events are free
Cons
The job was exciting and never boring. I learned something new everyday
Machine Operator production (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for U.S. smokeless tobacco. The work and people were great for this company. One of the better jobs that I have ever had. The on the job training was very helpful and we had morning meetings every Monday to discuss the work week. The Company relocated to Nashville Tn. and that is the only reason that I am not employed there anymore.
Proud to have worked for Altria
Senior Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2018
Altria was a terrific place to work. Altria's team developed your skills and capabilities to make you an effective leader in the organization and as an individual.
Fun upbeat working environment
Senior Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2018
You can be very creative and have a lot of fun driving business goals. Work shops are great and help build strong foundation for the company to thrive.
Excellent
Associate Manager Quality Compliance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2018
Excellence is the goal and Altria achieves it in everything they do. The employee is highly valued and invested in and it feels like a very big Family there. It is a place where people start after College and retire from.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2018
Overall, this company provide great benefits, career advancement and a lot of perks. It was a great experience and I learned about different brands..
Really great place to work
Territory Sales Manager (TSM) (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 30, 2018
Really enjoy working here. Would stay at the job, but am looking for a job where I can make six figures within the next 3 years. Only way to make that here is to get promoted to the next position, which I’m not interested in.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Current role is capped as far as salary is concerned.
Great place to go no where
Principal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2018
The IT culture at Altria is very stagnant. In order to move forward you must not rely on technical skills and turn towards supplier management or business side positions. There are too many cultural road blocks that do not allow for advancement and job satisfaction. The job security is here, which is why there is limited advancement opportunities.
Great first step into corporate America
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 20, 2018
It was a great job out of college to learn the intricacies of corporate America. I held a sales role, which allowed me to travel and make my own hours essentially. The perks (car, gas, 401k, profit sharing, trips, discounts, etc.) are great. Pay is extremely competitive as far as sales go. Easy to hit your quotas.
Productive and a great experience
Manufacturer Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2018
The energy of the employee's and management is wonderful and help also allow you to have a very stable living and time with your family on holidays and job activities
Pros
bonus', 401k, holiday day off
Cons
forced ovetime
Demanding but Fun
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
Altria cares about their employees even though the tobacco industry declines every year, if you are an asset to the company you do not have to worry about your job. Management can be an issue as they are not consistent but you only see your manager once or twice a month. Great autonomy and flexible schedule.
teamwork
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2018
Team atmosphere; work climate relaxed; staff are engaging and knowledgeable to the workings of the company. Learned different ideas and approaches to record managment
Pros
cafe
Excellent Experience
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 27, 2018
As an intern at Altria I was given plenty of jobs to do that helped me learn about engineering and working in a corporate setting. The tasks I was given felt important and I was able to learn a lot from them and build myself as an individual. My coworkers were all great people. I was not a fan of the politics being stressed throughout the company, but that's to be expected with any large business.
Development at every stage of your career
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
Every employee has a development plan to improve skills and capabilities at every level. Great culture throughout most of the company and strong executive leadership.
Pros
great work life balance and benefits
Cons
bureaucracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altria. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight