Altru Health System Employee Reviews

Worst Company Ever
Health Unit Coordinator/ Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND 58201June 5, 2018
Horrible, disengaged management. Inconsistent policies & rules. High turnover. More travelers than regular employees. Very low pay. Childish coworkers
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Everything else
fun
Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 7, 2018
I felt I mattered at this company. This was a smaller company/health system but it was noticeable. I was treated will respect and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Everyone was there for the best interest of the patients.
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 7, 2018
I did not fit in well with the social atmosphere of the department. Seniority was not supposed to exist, but it always did. Strong personalities in the department.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult work environment
Poor management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 2, 2018
The management don't care about the employees. They just stab u in the back. They work the good employees so hard. Always short handed. And the raises are horrible. Always have favorites.
March 7, 2018

Hello, I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience. Would you be interested in speaking to someone in Human Resources? We value your honest feedback. If you would like to provide your feedback directly, we can be reached at 701.780.5107. Thank you.

Management Poor and Communication awful
Patient Access Float (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Would constantly be put to different departments each day, however communication was not clear and concise with what needed to be done. Information changed within each department constantly, and every single employee admitted they didn't know much of what they were doing and were just "winging it".
March 7, 2018

Hello, We value your feedback. Would you be willing to share more information with us directly? Human Resources can be reached at 701.780.5107. Thank you!

Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Management said work comes before family. Department has some coworkers that back stab, look into charts to see if their coworkers did their job which breaks the “only look into charts for need to know”. Turns on the tears when they are talked to and act “stressed out” so that nothing ever happened to them. Their attitudes are terrible and not willing to stretch their capabilities to help others YET they are rewarded and given pats on the backs. Good people have left recently because of them yet this childish display continues. Very sad and morally disappointing.
The other department I worked at - complete opposite!! Loved Same Day Surgery!!
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Overall great place to work
RN, Certified Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 26, 2018
I worked in several capacities with this organization. I enjoyed them all. Great co workers. Pay could be a little better for RN's. Nurse to patient ratio was also not ideal.
Pros
great company and coworkers
Cons
poor pay, unsafe nurse to patient ratios
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your five-star review and honest feedback. We appreciate it!

Cut-throat workplace with entrenched culture of laziness and scraping by.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 23, 2018
Altru as a healthsystem is well known among the community for poor public relations. Management is very out of touch on how patient care is actually conducted, and the focus of any protocol changes are to look good on paper rather than ease the burden on floor staff. Pay is moderate to low depending on position. Ingrained culture of doing the bare minimum to get by with few people willing to help one another.
March 7, 2018

I am very sorry you feel this way. Would you be interested in sharing more of your feedback via a phone call? We can be reached at 701.780.5107. We value your honest review. Thank you.

great
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 18, 2018
Altru is a great place to work at, people are professional and very helpful with anything you need help with. they are the most professional people, people from all around the world
March 7, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving your review. We certainly appreciate it!

great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 4, 2018
Altru is a great hospital with great staff that welcomes you. I learned a new medications machine. The management was great and work hard to make you feel at home.The hardest part about the job was having a new team every shift and having to learn new patient each night. They also don't break up the difficult patient but will assign them to one nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job was just meeting new nurses and seeing a new way to do certain things
Pros
great sch, 8 hrs shift
Cons
working with different patient every night
March 7, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving this review! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Altru is a wonderful place to work and highly respected in the community of Grand Forks, ND
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoy working with people and feeling that I am contributing in helping patients/customers. The work environment I enjoy is one that is positive, helpful, efficient and constructive in accomplishing goals and meeting high quality standards. I like to stay busy and help others when needed.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
started to get unstable with so many layoffs
March 7, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving your honest review. We appreciate it.

Easygoing, fast paced
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 10, 2018
Easygoing days and fast paced work. Good for first case of benefits I needed before marriage, great hours for me. Some co workers are friendly and welcoming so making friends was quick
Pros
Lunch on site, discounts around town
Cons
Short breaks, management lacks, comaraderie lacks
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review of Altru Health System! We appreciate it.

Wonderful staff and hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 2, 2018
At times very stressful (I worked mostly in the ICU). Loved working with the nurses and administrative staff! My hours fluctuated too much and it was very hard to make plans with my husband.
March 7, 2018

Thank you very much for leaving your honest review. We appreciate it.

Stress
AR Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 1, 2018
Altru for me was a very hard environment to work in. The women i worked with were not very easy to get along with and i always felt like an outsider. It just wasnt the right fit for me.
March 7, 2018

I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. If you would be interested in sharing more feedback via a phone call (701.780.5107), we always appreciate hearing different perspectives in order to improve. Thank you!

Fun people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 13, 2017
People were grate to work with. The schedule was great. No real formal training just otj. Management was scarce and sometimes no help when you needed it.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest review. We appreciate it. We would welcome your feedback in a phone call if you are interested in sharing more details - 701.780.5107.

positive work environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 29, 2017
Coworkers and management made employment extremely enjoyable. I Always felt like I was an appreciated and valued employee. At times, it felt as if I was working with family.
March 7, 2018

Love to hear this! Thanks so much for sharing your honest feedback. We appreciate it.

Face paced environment
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 6, 2017
Altru is a fast paced work environment with round the clock work which can at times be overwhelming and stressful. Overall, it's still a great place to work with competitive wages and good employees.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest and heartfelt feedback. We appreciate it.

No pay, no management, terrible coworkers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 2, 2017
They will pay you little more than you can make flipping burgers. management doesn't exist. Benefits cost your entire paycheck. HR is not your friend even answering questions about benefits/401k. Everyone in the hospital treats phlebotomists like rats. There is no recognition for good or bad behavior. They will keep problem employees (attendance and behavior) because the management doesn't want to make hard decisions and would rather have someone fill the time slot even if they make everyone's life difficult.
Pros
Pros: get to help helpless patients, make a difference
Cons
Cons: no pay, no management, no good benefits
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest review. I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. We would be interested in hearing more of your feedback if you'd like to share more with us: 701.780.5107.

Very Good Hospital
Phlebotomist/ER Tech/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 10, 2017
Very good hospital, only strike against it is that it's in North Dakota. Otherwise the staff has a very well laid out plan that makes it easy for others to integrate into it well. I think any hospital that utilizes travelling staff on a regular basis has a step up on those that close off their doors to outsiders.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest review! We appreciate your feedback.

Clinic Nursing
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 14, 2017
Positive- Most staff are great to work with. Very helpful and caring. Great benefits!

Negative- There are a few bad apples in the group. Those people like to stir the pot, and cause problems. If your doctor is gone, you can expect to get floated to another department completely. Very awkward feeling.
Pros
Benefits are great!
Cons
Office politics
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback. We appreciate it. If you would like to share more details, we would encourage you to call - 701.780.5107.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altru Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss