Altru Health System Employee Reviews

Terrible, rude, and stressful.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Great forksNovember 26, 2018
I will never recommend anyone hard-working person to waste their time at altru..👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿. Supervisor there think that they are God's, they locked communication and Love to intimidates New staff. Co-worker are very rude, hard to work with, locked manners and locked communication too. They do this in the patient room too. Managers and supervisors enjoy having low staff just to over work the good staff. There is no diversity in that hospital Lab. May God have mercy on them...
Pros
Clean place
Cons
No communication, rude co-worker, don't care supervisor and liars...
Nutrition services
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 17, 2018
As a former employee of this company. And after 7 years of service it was a bitter sweet leaving Altru. But when you have upper management that does not care about their employees it is hard to stay. Staff feels underappreciated. I personally hated that certain members of staff got away with way to much. And the on duty did not have the authorization to properly deal with the issue. No respect to staff that have given their all to the department. I could go on about severe displeasure I welcome a email from your companies HR department to work on this issue.
Pros
Benefits for part-time staff
Cons
Upper management issues
You get to meet alot of nice people.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 12, 2018
I worked in Environmental Services, the management there needs a lot of encouragement to advance their employees. And please do not get hurt there. The company only has interest in its self not the employees. They do there very own doctor screenings for Workers Compensation instead of sourcing outside of there business to other doctors in the area. It is a conflict of interest of the hurt individuals. Hopefully, things have gotten better since I left.
it is good place to work at for small town as Grand Forks
Information Technology Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 22, 2018
it is a good place to start at, Good place to get experience and after that it is better for you to move on. there are many politics involved. specially HR, they are freaks with changing benefits to worse every Year.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
Hr, higher Management
October 29, 2018

Thanks for the five-star review. If you have additional comments you'd like to share, specific to your cons, please send us a message at contactus@altru.org and we'll review your additional feedback. Thanks again!

Toxic laboratory environment
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 12, 2018
The laboratory is a very top-down, ruled by an iron fist culture which controls employees through fear and lack of information. Staffing is horrendously short and is doomed to remain as such because the lab is very hostile to newcomers. Bullying and abuse among staff is commonplace. A wide disparity in age exists among staff and is the product of a long-standing culture of ageism with older techs and management treating young techs as children, and then being surprised when their younger colleagues leave after a year or two of being treated like garbage. Annual reviews are largely based on gossip passed to management by the resident tattle-tales. Pay is very low, especially for the stress level of the environment. Communication is very poor. I would strongly advise anyone I care about to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
none.
October 29, 2018

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. This does not sound at all like the culture we strive to create. We really value your honest feedback, and we would invite you to contact us at hrhelpdesk@altru.org if you would like to be contacted further. Thank you.

Progressive community hospital
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 26, 2018
Progressive community hospital that allows opportunities for growth. They are undergoing a transformation to a lean health system and they provide a comprehensive training course for all leaders, supervisor and above to participate.
Most horrible place to work
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 24, 2018
The racism in this hospital is outrageous.I pray God strike those racist in there and teach them He own the earth.Patient care here is zero ,very unsafe place to work that I won’t recommend my sick goat to go there .All they care about is money .horrible place to work I wish another hospital is built in this area if not this hospital will kill this community
Very busy and rewarding environment
Receptionist Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 30, 2018
Great company to work for. Very busy department. On a regular day we had over 80 patients to check in and manage phones at the same time. Hardest part of it is lack of physicians to accommodate the great need of patient's care.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
always understaff
October 29, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback! We appreciate your honesty.

Fun place to work with great co-workers
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 30, 2018
Altru is a great, fun place to work. Co-workers are generally friendly and helpful & the days tend to go by quickly. Good benefits & great working environment.
Good prn job while in college
Call Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 2, 2019
This job was a good experience while working in college. The people were friendly and compensation fit the job well. No issues with management that I worked with.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 17, 2018
I revised claims and determined why the insurance was paying or not paying the claims. Followed up with these claims in order to fully understand the outcome of the claim
Many Career opportunities
HIM Tech I/Medical Records/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 2, 2018
Altru is a good place to work, you have many jobs to pick from, have good benefits, and has a great paid time off policy. =you are also offered classes to improve your skills
Benefits
Cons
Managment does not pay attention
September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. If you are interested in sharing more with us, please email hrhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you!

bias and favortism rule supreme!
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 5, 2018
Altru as a whole isn't terrible, but most of the unit managers have a select few "favorites" who are immune or exempt from most of the rules and policies. It's a very nepotistic work environment.
October 29, 2018

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Would you like to speak to someone about this further? If so, please contact us at hrhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you for your honesty.

Horrible
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 5, 2018
If you want to be over worked and unpaid this is the place for you. Management is horrible and is never around when you need them. They don't care about the staff.
October 29, 2018

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. If you would like to share additional details, I would invite you to contact us at hrhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you.

Worst Company Ever
Health Unit Coordinator/ Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND 58201June 5, 2018
Horrible, disengaged management. Inconsistent policies & rules. High turnover. More travelers than regular employees. Very low pay. Childish coworkers
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Everything else
October 29, 2018

Very sorry to hear about your experience! If you are interested in sharing more with us, please email hrhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you.

Poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Management said work comes before family. Department has some coworkers that back stab, look into charts to see if their coworkers did their job which breaks the “only look into charts for need to know”. Turns on the tears when they are talked to and act “stressed out” so that nothing ever happened to them. Their attitudes are terrible and not willing to stretch their capabilities to help others YET they are rewarded and given pats on the backs. Good people have left recently because of them yet this childish display continues. Very sad and morally disappointing.
The other department I worked at - complete opposite!! Loved Same Day Surgery!!
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Cut-throat workplace with entrenched culture of laziness and scraping by.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 23, 2018
Altru as a healthsystem is well known among the community for poor public relations. Management is very out of touch on how patient care is actually conducted, and the focus of any protocol changes are to look good on paper rather than ease the burden on floor staff. Pay is moderate to low depending on position. Ingrained culture of doing the bare minimum to get by with few people willing to help one another.
March 7, 2018

I am very sorry you feel this way. Would you be interested in sharing more of your feedback via a phone call? We can be reached at 701.780.5107. We value your honest review. Thank you.

great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 4, 2018
Altru is a great hospital with great staff that welcomes you. I learned a new medications machine. The management was great and work hard to make you feel at home.The hardest part about the job was having a new team every shift and having to learn new patient each night. They also don't break up the difficult patient but will assign them to one nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job was just meeting new nurses and seeing a new way to do certain things
Pros
great sch, 8 hrs shift
Cons
working with different patient every night
March 7, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving this review! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Management Poor and Communication awful
Patient Access Float (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Would constantly be put to different departments each day, however communication was not clear and concise with what needed to be done. Information changed within each department constantly, and every single employee admitted they didn't know much of what they were doing and were just "winging it".
March 7, 2018

Hello, We value your feedback. Would you be willing to share more information with us directly? Human Resources can be reached at 701.780.5107. Thank you!

Everyone was there for the best interest of the patients.
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 7, 2018
I did not fit in well with the social atmosphere of the department. Seniority was not supposed to exist, but it always did. Strong personalities in the department.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altru Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss