Altru Health System Pay & Benefits reviews

Please don't do this to yourself.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 1, 2019
Manager was a backbiter. I think she was accessing my personal chart, she lied about so many things I lost count. Employees are not to be trusted. The hardest part of the job was realizing I could not stay.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Terrible management, very low quality
June 24, 2019

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. If you are interested in sharing more, please message HRhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you.

Poor management, poor work culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 4, 2019
The turnover in staff is alarming, bordering on dangerous. Traveling doctors and nurses outnumber the local staff. Management is biased towards those with seniority, and once they decide they don't like you, there's no getting out from under it. Staffing ratios are horrible. Constant calls from staffing. Doctors and nurses bicker. Aides are non-existent. The parking is a joke, the raises and bonuses were canceled.
Pros
Pay is reasonable, PTO is accrued decently
Cons
Poor staffing, poor management, can't use PTO because there's no staff, nepotism, constant staff conflict, high levels of locums
I really enjoyed my time at Altru.
CNMT (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 23, 2019
Altru is an excellent place to work. Competitive benefits and wages. Strong leadership and opportunity to advance. They strive to put the patients first. Contingent education is available. Safe work environment. Friendly employees.
Pros
Work life center
Cons
Parking issues
Fun place to work with great co-workers
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 30, 2018
Altru is a great, fun place to work. Co-workers are generally friendly and helpful & the days tend to go by quickly. Good benefits & great working environment.
Nutrition services
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 17, 2018
As a former employee of this company. And after 7 years of service it was a bitter sweet leaving Altru. But when you have upper management that does not care about their employees it is hard to stay. Staff feels underappreciated. I personally hated that certain members of staff got away with way to much. And the on duty did not have the authorization to properly deal with the issue. No respect to staff that have given their all to the department. I could go on about severe displeasure I welcome a email from your companies HR department to work on this issue.
Pros
Benefits for part-time staff
Cons
Upper management issues
You get to meet alot of nice people.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 12, 2018
I worked in Environmental Services, the management there needs a lot of encouragement to advance their employees. And please do not get hurt there. The company only has interest in its self not the employees. They do there very own doctor screenings for Workers Compensation instead of sourcing outside of there business to other doctors in the area. It is a conflict of interest of the hurt individuals. Hopefully, things have gotten better since I left.
it is good place to work at for small town as Grand Forks
Information Technology Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 22, 2018
it is a good place to start at, Good place to get experience and after that it is better for you to move on. there are many politics involved. specially HR, they are freaks with changing benefits to worse every Year.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
Hr, higher Management
October 29, 2018

Thanks for the five-star review. If you have additional comments you'd like to share, specific to your cons, please send us a message at contactus@altru.org and we'll review your additional feedback. Thanks again!

Loved my position & Building
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 1, 2018
A typical work day the department(s) would see roughly 90+ patients on the clinic side and additional patients on the retail side. I learned that being the first person a patient sees when they walk in, will make a lasting impression. You never know just how their visit is going to end up, or why they are at your department.
We were going through a transition time, from one type of managing to another. While change is difficult, and some do not adjust well to change, it was great and our building manager and supervisor were very understanding with the workflow and processes we had in place. The hardest part of the job is that it is a very demanding job. Patients will come in even if there is a blizzard and the office is open. If providers are out, you have patients to reschedule (it may be last minute and these patients may be traveling from hours away), at times, there was no coverage for co-worker's appointments and it was difficult for many to get time off when they requested it.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the interaction with regular patients that knew you by name and would always smile when they saw you, working with the same people daily and having a fun work atmosphere. Definitely miss it!
Pros
Discounts, Friendly Co-workers & Supervisors and Managers, Lasting friendships
Cons
Benefits packages for family is costly, added expense for spouses if they were offered healthcare too
September 17, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback! We appreciate your honesty.

Many Career opportunities
HIM Tech I/Medical Records/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 2, 2018
Altru is a good place to work, you have many jobs to pick from, have good benefits, and has a great paid time off policy. =you are also offered classes to improve your skills
Benefits
Cons
Managment does not pay attention
September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. If you are interested in sharing more with us, please email hrhelpdesk@altru.org. Thank you!

Everyone was there for the best interest of the patients.
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 7, 2018
I did not fit in well with the social atmosphere of the department. Seniority was not supposed to exist, but it always did. Strong personalities in the department.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult work environment
Poor management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 2, 2018
The management don't care about the employees. They just stab u in the back. They work the good employees so hard. Always short handed. And the raises are horrible. Always have favorites.
March 7, 2018

Hello, I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience. Would you be interested in speaking to someone in Human Resources? We value your honest feedback. If you would like to provide your feedback directly, we can be reached at 701.780.5107. Thank you.

Altru is a wonderful place to work and highly respected in the community of Grand Forks, ND
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoy working with people and feeling that I am contributing in helping patients/customers. The work environment I enjoy is one that is positive, helpful, efficient and constructive in accomplishing goals and meeting high quality standards. I like to stay busy and help others when needed.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
started to get unstable with so many layoffs
March 7, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving your honest review. We appreciate it.

Easygoing, fast paced
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 10, 2018
Easygoing days and fast paced work. Good for first case of benefits I needed before marriage, great hours for me. Some co workers are friendly and welcoming so making friends was quick
Pros
Lunch on site, discounts around town
Cons
Short breaks, management lacks, comaraderie lacks
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review of Altru Health System! We appreciate it.

No pay, no management, terrible coworkers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 2, 2017
They will pay you little more than you can make flipping burgers. management doesn't exist. Benefits cost your entire paycheck. HR is not your friend even answering questions about benefits/401k. Everyone in the hospital treats phlebotomists like rats. There is no recognition for good or bad behavior. They will keep problem employees (attendance and behavior) because the management doesn't want to make hard decisions and would rather have someone fill the time slot even if they make everyone's life difficult.
Pros
Pros: get to help helpless patients, make a difference
Cons
Cons: no pay, no management, no good benefits
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest review. I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. We would be interested in hearing more of your feedback if you'd like to share more with us: 701.780.5107.

Clinic Nursing
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 14, 2017
Positive- Most staff are great to work with. Very helpful and caring. Great benefits!

Negative- There are a few bad apples in the group. Those people like to stir the pot, and cause problems. If your doctor is gone, you can expect to get floated to another department completely. Very awkward feeling.
Pros
Benefits are great!
Cons
Office politics
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback. We appreciate it. If you would like to share more details, we would encourage you to call - 701.780.5107.

Everyone becomes a family
FOOD & NUTRITION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 24, 2017
it was quite an experience working at Altru. Management could have been better in my opinion. Everyone is posted at their jobs for years, so it shows ALtru takes care of their employees. Benefits were pretty good. It paid for my gym membership.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management needs improvement
March 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving your honest review. We appreciate your feedback. If you have additional details you would like to share, we'd encourage you to call - 701.780.5107.

LPN (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 8, 2017
Altru is a great place to work with wonderful benefits. I would recommend working at Altru to anyone seeking a professional stable work environment. The received at Altru is Top notch!
March 7, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving your honest review. We appreciate it!

Very good place to work and live.
Outpatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 5, 2017
Management is flexible and allows you to choose 8 hour days or 10 hour days.

True team spirit with exceptional coworkers no matter which location you are at.

Pay raises are fair and in the past 3.5 years I have received 2 cost of living raises in addition to my yearly review raise.
Pros
Flexible management, great coworkers, pay/benefits
Cons
People that I work with are great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
Fine place to work, and I have enjoyed my time there. The people I've met there are cool, and friendly. Never felt as if someone had a problem with me, and if they did it never interfered with my work.
Pros
Good work environment, long breaks when needed, and independent working
Cons
Scheduling gets confusing
Solid company who really cares for wellbeing of patients and employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 27, 2017
This is a company that truly cares for it's employees and patients. Pay and benefits are reasonable. Staff are friendly and treat others with respect.
Pros
Integrated health system, good pay and benefits, & friendly employees
Cons
Long tenure of staff leads to complacency and less innovation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altru Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss