Altura Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great company
Teller/Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 28, 2019
The company was great. They focus a lot on referrals which I did not like. Would have stayed longer but my career goal was not set with them. Management was great as well. Altura loves its employees and shows them with contests and gifts.
Horrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 24, 2019
Poor management and vengeful. Would turn employees against each other. Would get upset if employee spoke up in meetings. Tellers and bankers expressed a lack of manager attention or assistance and they were picked on all week by managers. Horrible managers who were all fired from another bank and one got in to Altura and referred the others and all they do is gossip and pick on good employees just because they are jealous or feel threatened. Use intimidation to keep employees quiet and sabotage their work and set them up to fail. fail to report on banker who was running credit application on members without member consent.. the list goes on .. not credit union worthy .. just rating this branch -the moreno valley branch- be aware
Executive Team is a Mess ...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 27, 2018
CEO is surrounded by "yes" men and alternate perspectives are not appreciated at the table. Talented individuals have departed this company for years.
Culture change is negative and deceitful.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 25, 2018
The Culture has changed since the last CEO. It is negative and deceitful. There is no room for a team building culture, although upper management wants you to believe there is. The timing of the last employee survey requested by management, was coincidentally at the same time staff received a 5% pay increase. Management is not ready to see what the real problem is. A high turnover rate and a revolving door culture is not a place to work.
Pros
Was a great place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 13, 2018
Bad management and favoritism. The companies culture changed due to upper management not knowing what they are doing. The company is now a numbers driven place and have alot of coat tail riding in management.
It was a good place to work for !!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2018
I really liked working at Altura Credit Union !! I would go back ...The Management and workplace culture was great !! I really like what the company represents...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
productive workplace
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 8, 2018
There are always ongoing changes to keep up with. I worked with a great team. I loved my members and helping them. They need to work better on teamwork.
stressful
Financial Service Representative/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 2, 2018
stressful work environment, definitely underpaid, had great benefits, work crew was nice no problems with members, fast paced, overworked front desk overall I gained a lot of knowledge.
Great company to work for
Senior Member Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2018
The manager I had at the time was really strict and was not even most of the time. I enjoyed working at this company because we were all like family and worked well together.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Altura credit union
Member service representative II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2018
I loved working at Altura Credit union. It was such a wonderful environment. Altura promotes from within and they promote rather fast. They always keep things positive.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
Management needs to pay attention
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 21, 2018
Management displays a lot of favoritism toward certain employees. Getting promoted to other departments is almost impossible unless you’re a suck up. Referrals are unreasonable.
Best place to work for in the world!
Current Altura employee (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Our management team have an open door policy and they treat you like a person not just another number. They can get really busy but they always take the time to appreciate & acknowledge your hard work.
Altura
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 8, 2017
Altura was great experience for me. With the experience I gained in this company I will apply to my next career. It is faced paced environment. Always on the move.
Growing Company
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 9, 2017
The future looks better for this place. Was using quite a few older applications to service clients. The overall culture was good. Most of the people there are pleasant. I enjoyed being a part of a place that was growing.
Pros
Members
Cons
Upper Management
Productive and fun place to work at.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Altura Credit Union does a great job of keeping its employees engaged and focus on its values. Leadership is very strong and focuses on the customer at all times.
great experience
Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 10, 2017
working at altura was a great experience. i got to meet customers and understand how the banking world works. hours were great and healthcare options were amazing
Pros
great organization
Cons
wish pay was slightly higher
interesting fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2016
As a loan officer, I worked out of a call center. We had the best technology the credit union could provide. I had plenty of work coming in, receiving over 100 calls a day. Our office was modern, comfortable and not far from home.
We always had a professional business atmosphere, however, management also wanted to make it fun. They would have events to attend, like a baseball game.
Training was constantly offered to help employees better themselves.
Altura always tried to promote from within before hiring outside of the company.
Pros
great 401k plan
Cons
call center, unable to walk around until break time
Productive work environment with ping pong table.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2016
Typical day at work consisted on assisting members with accounts and assisting them through new loan process. Working for Altura was an "Okay" job would need to work on evolving the work structure as the economy evolves as well.
good starter
Travelling Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
just like all job there is the good and the bad. banker hours are great it's good to be on every ones good side and always agree with them. always agree.
Pros
hours
Cons
politics
Poor management
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Focus on the bottom line of the credit union instead of focusing on the members and the employees. Very poor representation of a credit union.