Altura Credit Union

Altura Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews
Diligent and purposeful financial institution
Typical workdays included servicing members account and lending needs. Altura's culture is building rewarding relationships. I enjoyed providing exceptional member service. The most challenging part of the job was pursuing management.
Do not work here
Very small credit union with no hours & horrible management. Murrieta California location is the worst to go to or to be employed at. The only good thing to come of the job was my personal auto refinancing.
Click'ish
Felt like high school. Corporate office with managers who have built a career there and control the organization. They are click'ish and don't allow for penetration of the inner circle. A lot of corporate waste at this organization.
Productive place to work
An enjoyable place to work where they really value the employee feedback. There is always areas to advance inside the company. Management is always looking for a way to better the workplace and employee satisfaction.
Great Company
Altura Credit Union is a great company to work for. The company cultures is awesome by far it’s the best company I have work for. Now that Im getting older and with 2 kids work schedule and benefits are very important, Im able to have both from this job but if I can work from home that would be even better but that something they don’t offer.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Productive and Fun Workplace.
Great incentives no matter what department you worked in. Family oriented, great moral. Lots of employee events. Pay is competitive. Not the easiest to move up.
Great benefits & employee perks
Management not involved or oblivious with what’s going on especially when the department consistently receives poor surveys. No coaching or one on one discussions or regular meetings unless something goes wrong. Processes are old school and terribly redundant and out dated.
Pros
Great benefits and perks
Cons
Shortage of staff and outdated processes
Productive, fun place
A typical work day
Management is good

Workplace culture is good

The hardest part of the job was meeting a sales goal

Most enjoyable is getting together and having pot lucks
Pros
Fun place to work at
Cons
Meeting your goals
Productive place
A typical day was not difficult at all. The company cares a lot about referral goals, but you are spoken to in private if they are not met. Management tries to be as helpful as possible which is a plus. Salary is comparable for an entry level job. Employees can feel more like family and not like just another number.
Great company
The company was great. They focus a lot on referrals which I did not like. Would have stayed longer but my career goal was not set with them. Management was great as well. Altura loves its employees and shows them with contests and gifts.
Horrible
Poor management and vengeful. Would turn employees against each other. Would get upset if employee spoke up in meetings. Tellers and bankers expressed a lack of manager attention or assistance and they were picked on all week by managers. Horrible managers who were all fired from another bank and one got in to Altura and referred the others and all they do is gossip and pick on good employees just because they are jealous or feel threatened. Use intimidation to keep employees quiet and sabotage their work and set them up to fail. fail to report on banker who was running credit application on members without member consent.. the list goes on .. not credit union worthy .. just rating this branch -the moreno valley branch- be aware
Executive Team is a Mess ...
CEO is surrounded by "yes" men and alternate perspectives are not appreciated at the table. Talented individuals have departed this company for years.
Culture change is negative and deceitful.
The Culture has changed since the last CEO. It is negative and deceitful. There is no room for a team building culture, although upper management wants you to believe there is. The timing of the last employee survey requested by management, was coincidentally at the same time staff received a 5% pay increase. Management is not ready to see what the real problem is. A high turnover rate and a revolving door culture is not a place to work.
Pros
Was a great place to work
Bad management and favoritism. The companies culture changed due to upper management not knowing what they are doing. The company is now a numbers driven place and have alot of coat tail riding in management.
It was a good place to work for !!!
I really liked working at Altura Credit Union !! I would go back ...The Management and workplace culture was great !! I really like what the company represents...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short breaks
productive workplace
There are always ongoing changes to keep up with. I worked with a great team. I loved my members and helping them. They need to work better on teamwork.
stressful
stressful work environment, definitely underpaid, had great benefits, work crew was nice no problems with members, fast paced, overworked front desk overall I gained a lot of knowledge.
Great company to work for
The manager I had at the time was really strict and was not even most of the time. I enjoyed working at this company because we were all like family and worked well together.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Altura credit union
I loved working at Altura Credit union. It was such a wonderful environment. Altura promotes from within and they promote rather fast. They always keep things positive.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
Management needs to pay attention
Management displays a lot of favoritism toward certain employees. Getting promoted to other departments is almost impossible unless you’re a suck up. Referrals are unreasonable.
Best place to work for in the world!
Our management team have an open door policy and they treat you like a person not just another number. They can get really busy but they always take the time to appreciate & acknowledge your hard work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altura Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.