Altura Credit Union Employee Reviews

stressful
Financial Service Representative/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 2, 2018
stressful work environment, definitely underpaid, had great benefits, work crew was nice no problems with members, fast paced, overworked front desk overall I gained a lot of knowledge.
Great company to work for
Senior Member Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2018
The manager I had at the time was really strict and was not even most of the time. I enjoyed working at this company because we were all like family and worked well together.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Altura credit union
Member service representative II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2018
I loved working at Altura Credit union. It was such a wonderful environment. Altura promotes from within and they promote rather fast. They always keep things positive.
Pros
Fast promotions
Cons
Management needs to pay attention
Member Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 21, 2018
Management displays a lot of favoritism toward certain employees. Getting promoted to other departments is almost impossible unless you’re a suck up. Referrals are unreasonable.
Best place to work for in the world!
Current Altura employee (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Our management team have an open door policy and they treat you like a person not just another number. They can get really busy but they always take the time to appreciate & acknowledge your hard work.
Altura
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 8, 2017
Altura was great experience for me. With the experience I gained in this company I will apply to my next career. It is faced paced environment. Always on the move.
Growing Company
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 9, 2017
The future looks better for this place. Was using quite a few older applications to service clients. The overall culture was good. Most of the people there are pleasant. I enjoyed being a part of a place that was growing.
Pros
Members
Cons
Upper Management
Productive and fun place to work at.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Altura Credit Union does a great job of keeping its employees engaged and focus on its values. Leadership is very strong and focuses on the customer at all times.
great experience
Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 10, 2017
working at altura was a great experience. i got to meet customers and understand how the banking world works. hours were great and healthcare options were amazing
Pros
great organization
Cons
wish pay was slightly higher
interesting fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2016
As a loan officer, I worked out of a call center. We had the best technology the credit union could provide. I had plenty of work coming in, receiving over 100 calls a day. Our office was modern, comfortable and not far from home.
We always had a professional business atmosphere, however, management also wanted to make it fun. They would have events to attend, like a baseball game.
Training was constantly offered to help employees better themselves.
Altura always tried to promote from within before hiring outside of the company.
Pros
great 401k plan
Cons
call center, unable to walk around until break time
Productive work environment with ping pong table.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2016
Typical day at work consisted on assisting members with accounts and assisting them through new loan process. Working for Altura was an "Okay" job would need to work on evolving the work structure as the economy evolves as well.
good starter
Travelling Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
just like all job there is the good and the bad. banker hours are great it's good to be on every ones good side and always agree with them. always agree.
Pros
hours
Cons
politics
Poor management
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Focus on the bottom line of the credit union instead of focusing on the members and the employees. Very poor representation of a credit union.
busy and friendly environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 2, 2015
nice place to work busy all day constantly trying to get refferals or they will fire you.
people are friendly and nice
interactive environment when not on calls
Community Focused Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Management focused on community and civic involvement to develop a sense of presence and support. Partnership with schools and voluntary organizations. Lending is a main source of revenue and highly focused on auto lending in particular.
Pros
bonus structure
Cons
not a lot of growth or room for advancement
Loyalty & Staffing
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 7, 2014
Altura as a High turn over in staffing, I started work for Altura in March of this year, and 5 tellers started and quit. The office I work in has a very high turn over in staffing from management to tellers. It was always under staffed for what ever reason staff would not stay. Are there was 3 employees that would team up an get people dismissed. No loyalty to new employees.
Pros
Small Credit union, but do well in loans
Cons
Not up to date in technology
Loved My Job
MSC Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  RiversideOctober 29, 2014
Attained some awesome knowledge
Great people
Really nice customers to deal with love the area where the office was
loved the work hours
Pros
Travel, great people great parties
Productive but not great
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 13, 2014
Office I worked at lacked management, between one manager one assistant manager and teller supervisor nothing was getting done in a timely manner. If there happens to be an issue they will tell you a month or even two months later and not coach to help the situation, pretty much set you up to fail. Schedule was never posted until either end of Friday or Saturday for the following week. If you have either Friday and/or Saturday off you have to constantly call to see when you work, it came down to having to text message coworkers because it was almost impossible to reach a manager or supervisor. A majority of the tellers and assistant manager were rude to members and would talk down to them, manger would do the same but roll her eyes at members. Hardest part of the job was getting issues resolved. Best part of the job was helping the members and turning a bad situation into a good situation with my own knowledge before they leave the branch. I personally would not recommend or refer anyone to work for Altura Credit Union, it is miserable.
productive & fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 11, 2014
I loved working at the credit union. a typical day at work consisted of performing transaction, such as deposits, withdraws, loan payments, ,balancing, & customer service. I was always eager to lean new things, such as opening & closing accounts. management was amazing on teaching me how to do things I didn't quite understand. the hardest part of the job was the stress of upset or unsatisfied members, but I learned to keep calm in those situations. the best part of the job I can say, was all my members. working with people taught me that a smile can make a difference. to create a positive environment.
great company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2014
it is a great company to work for! hardest part of the job is having to meet sales goals withmembers.