Altus Group Employee Reviews

Love this place
Valuation Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2019
Altus Group in Houston is one of the best work environments that I could have ever asked for. Every employee is very nice and friendly. The environment is slow-paced and you are on the computer all day but it is very stress free.
Ok
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Pros
- Interest work, exposure to top clients
- Work/life balance
- Compensation
Cons
- Senior Management - lack of direction
- Lack of advancement opportunities
Productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 17, 2018
Kitchen has snacks and drinks for free. Employee's there are fun and easy to get along with. Very understanding to any issue that may arise. Nice office and building location.
Collaborative culture and encouragement for continued education
Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 7, 2018
Altus group is a great place to work for me so far. I am a part of the advisory team and enjoy the push for continued education in appraisal and structured planning. The most challenging part would be meeting deadlines since work is subjectively allocated and yield many late nights at the office. The most enjoyable part would be the employee appreciation received through programs like Summer Hours. On top of everything, my co workers and team are friendly and always willing to help.
Supportive environment with grinding expectations
Employee (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 8, 2018
Other employees and manager are supportive but the hours and deadline pressure is not. Expectation is to stay late until your job is done which they say should be quarterly but there was never a break. It's a continuous grind working late hours every night.
Pros
education and snacks
Cons
Very busy days, sometimes working very long hours
Tax Analyst (Commercial Real Property Tax) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2018
A typical work day is extremely busy, with processing tax data and staying a great deal ahead of appeal deadlines. It is team oriented. Unfortunately, the new PT manager can be a little difficult to work with since he has never had any management training, or staff. However, all other employees are great to work with, and it us usually a fun and nice atmosphere.
Pros
Great people
Cons
At times the hours can be extremely long and into the nights.
Good
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy working at Altus Group. The managers are really supportive.We also have team building activities such as happy hours, day of service etc. I have grown alot from the past couple of years of working with this company.
Productive work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 23, 2017
It is a fun and collaborative work environment. People are very friendly and willing to help out all levels of the hierarchical system. It is a good company to start a career.
Altus Group
Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 6, 2017
Company culture is great, there is a lot to learn and the analysts that I work with have been there to help me every step of the way. Free lunch every Friday!
love fellow employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXFebruary 2, 2017
great work atmosphere like my fellow coworkers can be a bit stressful with the work flow to many people like to be in charge so to many hands are in everything there for things get missed
Great education in valuation
Valuation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2014
Sometimes management isn't fair, but I dont' think this is much different anywhere else. Think of it as a boot camp in valuation that leads to bigger and better things. not much organic growth up the ladder within the company; however, the company is doing great things.