Alvarez & Marsal Employee Reviews

Do not value good workers
Global Senior Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
They unfortunately do not value the employees that have been here for a long time. New employees get paid better than the employees that have been in the company for a long time which is why the turnover is so big
remote internship
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTOctober 30, 2018
I worked with A&M Greenwich branch in its remote internship program. Greenwich branch is no longer exist. This internship program is the Greenwich branch partner with UofChicago Fin-Math program.

Typical meet once a week and we have a project to research each term. They will give us adviser during this process and we give them a final report at end of quarter.
fast-growing entrepreneurial company
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
While the compensation is at the lower end of average, the bonus structure makes up for it. You hit the ground running from day 1 and have plenty of opportunities to carve out a name for yourself. The benefits offered are top notch and there is ample time off for personal activities and family. Ther atmosphere is very independent, you have ownership over your work. A+ results are expected. You will be very happy here if you crave low bureaucracy and are ready to deliver.
Pros
low bureaucracy, merit bonuses
Cons
low base salary
Excellent place to work!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
The best consulting company in the country! If you work here you will be able to solve any problem that you come in contact with on a daily basis. If you just want to come to work and have a job and mope along do not come to work here!! This is a platform that will challenge the best of the best!
Fast paced, lots of travel, smart people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Competition within the office to be placed on a project
Collaborative environment on projects, good people to work with
Lots of travel
Good benefits and rewards program points
Pros
Rewards points, fair compensation
Cons
Lots of travel, no program for professional development or to add skills
Throw you in and then spit you out
Utilization Review and Care Management RN (Former Employee) –  Remote from CAJanuary 12, 2018
I worked my backside off for this company for a year, and they flippantly let my contract expire while they hired the most incompetent contract staff to full time roles. The management is horrible and when an employee knows what they are doing, they feel threatened by them - put personal issues before work success. Use you up and spit you out.
Pros
100% remote
Cons
No benefits, terrible treatment
Highly Recommended
Consultant - Corporate Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 3, 2018
Fantastic company with very entrepreneurial culture and down to earth people. Exciting project work with high degree of exposure to senior leadership. Variable compensation structure rewards high performers.
Productive workplace
Management Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2017
Great place to work for advancing your career and you will learn a lot. Travel and stress comes with the territory but can be rewarding in the long run.
I never felt that I was appreciated or could trust anyone
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 14, 2017
If anything went wrong the blame would be pushed to the lowest person on the corporate ladder, which at the time was me. Even if I could explain why it wasn't my fault or why it shouldn't be SOLEY my fault, that was brushed aside and it was ONLY my fault. If I thought that I could trust someone, they could backstab me and tattle to a manager when a simple one-on-one conversation could have been sufficient. This wasn't for important things, just small things that in the great scheme of things don't really matter. I felt like an outcast at the firm when I tried so hard to fit in. The work itself wasn't hard and I enjoyed it. It's just everything else I couldn't deal with.
Pros
health insurance, dental
Cons
No break, long days, poor management
A &m
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VISeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work, there was an advancement for some. Hopefully, it has improved. I've had some great managers but a majority were unpleasant. Once
Pros
Excellent health care, worldwide company
Cons
Some managers were terrible.
Senior Associate - Health Industries Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Good people and good work life balance. Clients are mostly struggling companies that really need our help. Benefits are competitive to other management companies.
Great Place to Learn
Director Corporate Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2017
Demanding, but fast learning place to work with great team members to support. Professional and really customer focus oriented. Supportive and great place to work in general.
Wonderful place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
Lots of really smart and creative people to work with and around. Sometimes the different practices were a little siloed. A&M University event is a great event.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Not much training or help marketing new clients
asdf
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Great firm for consulting experience in several different industries
Bad IT unit
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Management is terrible in the IT department. There is no process that is followed on a normal basis. No room for promotion but a lot of room to learn how not to run a department. Infrastructure sucks too.
Harrasment and Violation of Privacy
Legal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
While working in this company my cellphone has been intercepted. I have been sexually harassed and treated with extreme passive aggressiveness and hostility. If you are a decent person, I would not suggest you apply for positions there. The CEOs are abusive and so are the older employees.
Cons
Misogyny and abuse
Terrible Culture
Director - Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
The people running the firm are awful, they don't support their staff and the culture is the worst I have ever seen. They lure you in with a false sense of bonus compensation which is never seen below the MD level. They harbor terrible communication.
Cons
Challenging but Satisfying place to work
Senior Associate, Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2016
Excellent opportunity to broaden your experiences as a consultant. Substantially all roles within the company involve heavy travel, but the company has always made that extremely clear up front.
Premier Consulting Firm that values its employees
Associate - N. American Commercial Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
Management values and invests in its employees to ensure they have the training need to excel on the job

Hardest part of the job is the travel

The most enjoyable part is working with highly motived and intelligent people on challenging projects worldwide
Worked as a summer intern
Business Consulting East Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed the summer I spent at A&M. There is a good working environment and good, nice people there. The internship was very beneficial to me as I learned a lot and made some valuable connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alvarez & Marsal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight