Alverno Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews for Senior Laboratory Assistant

3.6Pay & Benefits
Alverno
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 30, 2018
Amazing place to work. The staff is great, helpful and willing to advance your career in anyway you want to advance it. The supervisors will bend over backwards to fix any issues you may have.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Evanston,ILMay 1, 2013
Day at work starting from 3 pm. My job is very interesting, Since you every day I have the opportunity to learn something new.
My co-worker is very nice. We always work together as a team. The hardest work is how we have short staff, and there is a lot of work. Then the performance is not as good, because stress is bigger and you can not work normally.
Most in this work I like is that I have a lot of opportunity to learn and help others.

Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Short staff
Average company, management not so good
Lab Assistant III (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2013
I worked for the organization for 2 years before they actually" promoted" me to a position in which I had a degree in. They ended up demoting me. I felt that it had to do with the fact that I went on maternity leave early due to having a premature baby. My supervisor had her favorites and it was very obvious. She could be very rude at times and would talk to certain employees as if they were children. This was one thing that I did not approve of. The lab director was also a backstabber, she would smile in your face while plotting against you. There were many times in whichever certain employees were treated differently than others. They tend to show favoritism towards the employees they like. If I knew then what I know now I would have never worked for this type or organization.
Pros
not many pros
Cons
too many to list