Alverno Clinical Laboratories Culture reviews

Great company to work for if you plan to advance
Manger (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 21, 2018
I have worked for Alverno for many years and have had opportunities for advancement due to working hard. Alverno has helped my advancement with their lucrative tuition assistance program. Alvenro is a strong diverse organization that is always promoting patient care and employee satisfaction and is a great company to be a part of.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Tuition Assitance, Work Place Culture
Cons
Hours due to being in health care 24/7
Management and coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 12, 2018
I love working with my coworkers great team work and great supervisor and coordinator. We all help each other. The supervisor and coordinator help when needed are flexible on schedules and are willing to work with you.
work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INAugust 9, 2018
the work place was fun and I liked all the employees. Would love to work here again if given the opportunity. The benefits were great and the hours as well.
CERIFIED PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILJune 27, 2018
Very pleasant environment to work in. I learned a lot about the company and the missions the company stood on. The hardest part of the job was letting it go.
Unrealistic Compensation
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I like the people I work with and the culture. However, the lack of competitive compensation is causing me to leave. This also causes very high turnover.
Not enough money, managers kind of rude.
Histology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 15, 2017
I liked working there, but the pay wasn't great and the manager wasn't very personable.Not very approachable.I loved my co-workers, but management was bad.
Fun and productive
Phlebotomist lll (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I love what I do I love my patients and I go in do my job and leave . Super busy lab and always learning new things. The managers in the lab are great .
Alverno Labs is a great experience for me because I get learn more about different test being ran and resulted also learning a lot about the machines
Processing data entry clerk (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 18, 2016
I enjoy working at Alverno labs . Meeting new people that are willing to help when needed. The bosses are nice and very good at their job. I have no complaints. Would just like more money for what we do.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
A lot of work but under paid
N/a
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INSeptember 13, 2016
Alverno was a very nice place to work. The people were nice, patient, and understanding. While working there I got to learn how to do a breathalyzer test they perform on the road on drunk drivers. The hardest part of the job was being on evenings alone while having the whole hospital and ED to cover while busy, which was also very enjoyable because I like to be busy.
Mlt
MLT (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 26, 2015
This a great place to work. Everyday is different in respect to the workload. The manager is caring and professional, my coworkers are great with many years of experience. The hardest part of the job..it isn't hard. The ED staff is great and are all departments. The employees want to work here.
Pros
Great facility and management. State of the art instrumentation.
Cons
No cafeteria.
Best job ever!
Phlebotomist/Histology Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 5, 2015
Loved this job my co workers were awesome. My supervisors where always very supportive. My advancement was great there. I was about to make great money and advanced to Lead Tech.
Pros
Meeting diffrent people
Cons
No Cons!
A very competative workplace. Overall enjoyed my employment with Alverno Clinical Labs. I learned a great deal from co-workers and management.
Lab Assistant III / Phlebotomist III (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 10, 2014
Very good work environment. I learned a great deal while working with Alverno Clinical Labs. Enjoyed co-workers diversity in culture and knowledge. Hardest part of my job on some occasions was dealing with errors and correction them in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work through problems with co-workers. Each had good ideas for organizing work load during our shift to finish with the least amount of error and then having the feeling that a good days work had been accomplished.
Pros
Able to move around within the company for new learning opportunities.
productive fast past hard work
Phlebotomist / In-patient / Out-patient (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INSeptember 4, 2014
I loved the job it was a fast past job you got to meet new people as far as patients employees in phlebotomy area and also around the hospital the management team was awesome
No recommendation
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 1, 2014
The laboratory was an extremely negative work space. The supervisor's and other coworker's were verbally abusive. Other coworkers were unhappy and trying to find other work while at work. The supervisor never came in on time or did her part in working in the laboratory.
Pros
Some coworkers were easy going and great coworkers, but not all.
Cons
bad attitudes and culture around the lab