Alverno Clinical Laboratories Management reviews

Awful
Phlebotomist III (Former Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 14, 2019
Manager was a joke, would go to her with problems and she did nothing ! Had a note on door “ don’t zone to me with issue, unless you have a solution” isn’t that what management is for .....she would tell her friends what was being said when you went to her with issue ...she could careless about midnight staff !!
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything but patients
Good company
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 27, 2018
I work for Alverno but the site I worked on was presence mercy medical. That was a great team to work for. Good management and great coaching moments.
Horrible place
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 6, 2018
As others have said, management in various departments speaks poor to and about other employees. HR is led by dishonestly and favoritism. Complaints are ignored. Compensation is low as the reputation of the Lab is poor so new or existing business suffers.
Pros
No longer an employee
Cons
So many
Unrealistic Compensation
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I like the people I work with and the culture. However, the lack of competitive compensation is causing me to leave. This also causes very high turnover.
Loved working without supervision
Phlebotomist/clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 2, 2018
Worked all over. Peds pre surgery floors icu oncology. Nursery . Got specimens for pick up ready. Clerk prepared pick up for morning run. Did phlebotomy per Dr orders
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Management changes poor pick
Alverno
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 30, 2018
Amazing place to work. The staff is great, helpful and willing to advance your career in anyway you want to advance it. The supervisors will bend over backwards to fix any issues you may have.
Not enough money, managers kind of rude.
Histology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 15, 2017
I liked working there, but the pay wasn't great and the manager wasn't very personable.Not very approachable.I loved my co-workers, but management was bad.
n.a
Phlebotomist III (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 12, 2017
great employees, terrible management.
the company was good to work for however there are a lot of rules and they are very very strict
hardest part of the job is communicating with management
hard to move-up within company
Toxic environment without accountability. No human resource department oversight.
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 4, 2016
Tier 3 Alverno laboratories that received bad survey reviews were not accountable. General HR personnel were sent to contribute to toxic environments of these tier 3 labs. Management was allowed to demean their employees in front of others without accountability. Alverno do not seek out or hire certified technologists and promote only mediocre or less knowledgeable technologists.
Pros
Health Insurance package
drama just not worth it
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 30, 2016
this place is a joke. A co-Workers interviewed there and management was talking badly about employees and facility on interview. Co worker asked " if i were to go up to an employee what would they say about working here" and management replied " they would probably say they hate it"; Completely unprofessional.
Fair place for entry level experience
Lab Assistant/Technician (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 24, 2016
Do not mind working for any place were favoritism does not play a role and practiced by unprofessional management!
The best part I like about the job is gaining the experience. Despite the fact of a very tiring rotating shifts.
Pros
Education Assistant Program
Cons
Short staffed most of the time
Over worked and under paid, don't work in any clinical lab
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 11, 2016
The Sister's of St.Francis once a Catholic organization with a goal of helping the sick and the poor is like all other Greedy Cheap Catholic managed hospitals and laboratories. They treat you as though your not a professional and they pay you as little as they can and work you like a dog. I know people who have left the job went home ,sat on the couch and died from being worked so hard. The retirement and health benefits are better in education. Working for this organization is like being in a classroom with a crazy Catholic nun and you will find them managing HR,lab, and administration beware of the pit falls of laboratory work. I would not let my dog work for this company as a watch dog.
Pros
Gain experience and run for your life.
Cons
That feeling of the evil nun behind you with a paddle.
Mlt
MLT (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 26, 2015
This a great place to work. Everyday is different in respect to the workload. The manager is caring and professional, my coworkers are great with many years of experience. The hardest part of the job..it isn't hard. The ED staff is great and are all departments. The employees want to work here.
Pros
Great facility and management. State of the art instrumentation.
Cons
No cafeteria.
fun fast paced job
Phlebotomist / In-patient / Out-patient (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INMay 16, 2015
I loved this job and the environment all around it the management and employees were the best and they all made sure you worked as hard as them I would love to re employed by this job
Horrible!!!!!!!!!!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 15, 2015
This company is more reactive than proactive. The don't care about the health of there workers, they show favoritism, and management is terrible. They just put band-aids over huge issues and take it out on the workers. The coworkers are helpful in keeping people sane, but some do stir the pot. I voluntary left after a series of events that just brought me to the edge. They were prompt about discipline, complaints, sending notice about termination of employment, and closing my access to pay stubs. However, they conveniently forget to pay me my last check and cash out my PTO.
Pros
Job security because people are getting fed up and leaving
Cons
Aren't enough words..........
Company that does not follow its own values
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 28, 2015
The only reason Job Security is high is because people keep leaving in droves. This is the core lab in Hammond, not one of the hospitals. People think that they are hiring into a reference lab but, in the desire to make as much money as possible, the upper management continually makes special deals with individual doctor's offices to put their work ahead of everyone else's. There are over 30 hospitals and up to 2,000 doctors' offices utilizing this lab. While most hospital systems that operate Urgent Cares keep techs on site, Alverno has moved all of the testing (STAT testing) to the core lab. So, on top of processing thousands of samples a day, we were expected to remember which doctor got special treatment and also to prioritize the STATs that came in from our Urgent Cares.

I keep in touch with my former co-workers, because they really do care about the patients, but all sound beaten down. Some have had serious health issues that many of us felt were aggravated by the treatment the staff received (literally examples: stroke, heart attacks, coming to work SAME DAY AS CHEMO TREATMENT). And when things inevitably fail because a process was pushed through too fast or the turn around time was impossible - the employees take the blame and we were told that we just didn't have a positive attitude, or, better yet: "Don't you care that the doctors and patients get their results on time?" We preferred that the results were correct.

When it comes to promotions, some people get the promotion they really deserve, buy many do not. There is also a lot of hiring of friends
  more... and family in the core lab. Even if those employees are not within the same department of each other, it puts into question as to whether they truly were the best applicant for the job.  less
Pros
My former co-workers. They really are great people.
Cons
The toxic working environment.
Awful!
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 20, 2014
Read the other reviews. The management was horrible. My manager was a backstabbing liar and they believed what she said about me! Some co-workers were wonderful, others were seriously disturbed and very rude. Don't ever make a suggestion as to how things could be better.........
Pros
benfits
Cons
co-workers and management
awful culture
laboratory (Former Employee) –  Michigan CityDecember 20, 2014
I worked there for a short time. Management was awful, very back stabbing. Co-workers were rude and looking for reasons not to like you. If you have a choice go elsewhere! South Bend Medical Foundation is a much better place to work
Pros
it was a job
Cons
back stabbing managers and crazy co-workers
Decent company bad management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MunsterNovember 5, 2014
Does not compensate seasoned phlebotomist well. Advancement opportunities depends on who you know. Management appears nice but cares only about staffing needs & it shows. Coworkers & patients are the best part of the job. Company has great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, patients
Cons
Salary/wages, short lunches, management
productive fast past hard work
Phlebotomist / In-patient / Out-patient (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INSeptember 4, 2014
I loved the job it was a fast past job you got to meet new people as far as patients employees in phlebotomy area and also around the hospital the management team was awesome