Alvord Unified School District Employee Review

View all Alvord Unified School District reviews

Enjoy working at the Middle Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2012
Once you get to know some of the secretaries you may be able to get work that way, but overall since the new system was implemented it is really hard to work the way one was use to as a Sub.
On a typical day I would teach about 160 students in five different periods. I really enjoy teaching the students easier ways to learn math skills.
Some of the co-workers at each site were ok others were unbearable. Think their better than us Subs because they are teaching full time.
Pros
great teacher appreciate days.
Cons
hard to find work on the new subfinder-aesop

Other Alvord Unified School District Employee Reviews

I enjoy the people and the students.
Teacher (4, 5 & 6 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 16, 2018
I like working here. I have been given lots of opportunities to grow professionally. Advancement doesn't come often since it is a smaller district than the ones around us. However, many people have been here for a long time.
Very Flexable
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 5, 2018
I worked as a classified sub. You could take a shift that day or not. This was very beneficial to me as I had other jobs and my own business. Positioned varied.. Some days I would work an 8 hour Night Custodial, some times a 7.5 hour Special Ed Aide, sometimes a 4 hour Campus supervisor or a 5 hour Facilitator for the After School program. It was wonderful.. I highly recommend anyone to do this. Especially if you are juggling other jobs or have children and need to be home for them when they get home from school. Great part time job. Work a few long term sub positions as a Special Education Aide and loved it. Especially at Hillcrest High School. Staff was wonderful, Faculty was wonderful.
The only negative thing I can say about Alvord Unified School District is that it is hard to get a permanent position. You basically have to be related to someone. Very Competitive.
Pros
Flexable Schedule
Cons
Hard to go permanent