Alvord Unified School District Employee Review

View all Alvord Unified School District reviews

typicical day at work
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 6, 2013
come in morn help prepare food and wrap it it up making sure cooler is filled with milk and drinks.Bake cookies package them ready to sell to students.three lunches rush pretty fast..Then after first lunch we restock and get ready for 2nd lunch,get all dishes together and was and clean..
Pros
free lunches for those who needed it.
Cons
insurance was too much ..

Other Alvord Unified School District Employee Reviews

I enjoy the people and the students.
Teacher (4, 5 & 6 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 16, 2018
I like working here. I have been given lots of opportunities to grow professionally. Advancement doesn't come often since it is a smaller district than the ones around us. However, many people have been here for a long time.
Very Flexable
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 5, 2018
I worked as a classified sub. You could take a shift that day or not. This was very beneficial to me as I had other jobs and my own business. Positioned varied.. Some days I would work an 8 hour Night Custodial, some times a 7.5 hour Special Ed Aide, sometimes a 4 hour Campus supervisor or a 5 hour Facilitator for the After School program. It was wonderful.. I highly recommend anyone to do this. Especially if you are juggling other jobs or have children and need to be home for them when they get home from school. Great part time job. Work a few long term sub positions as a Special Education Aide and loved it. Especially at Hillcrest High School. Staff was wonderful, Faculty was wonderful.
The only negative thing I can say about Alvord Unified School District is that it is hard to get a permanent position. You basically have to be related to someone. Very Competitive.
Pros
Flexable Schedule
Cons
Hard to go permanent