Alzheimer's Association Employee Reviews

working with memory care Residance
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 12, 2018
Memory care is hard, most of the residents don't remember who you are and are in a child like mind, its hard to adjust that someday we will be in the same situation,
Anxiety is a key behavior and its hard to calm them down, but with a lot of love and patience you can agree with them no matter what , however if theyre afraid it will take awhile to convince them
Very competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
Competitive environment.
Great benefits, good culture, very demanding with high expectations. minimal on-site training for computer applications and programs utilized within organization. Annual incentives.
Little Training
Contracted Event Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
Many are overworked and there is little time for adequate training. This is a problem coming from the national office - not from the chamber itself. Great people work there
Internship Life
Community Outreach Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 25, 2018
Being an intern here was incredible. Working in a small office with three other people was amazing, we were able to work quickly and get things done. A quick day in the office looked like: Going around to different health centers in the CV area in the morning to pass out brochures and flyers about the event, Calling people to recruit volunteers and fundraising for the event, and lastly working on the event that was being held at the end of September.
Cons
None Paid Internship
Relaxed
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Only part time job through AARP assistance program. The job is part time data entry, maintain ordering of supplies, stocking break room supplies and compiling packets.
very money driven
Manager of Development (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 14, 2018
The Alzheimer's Association has went from a model of feet on the ground helping our communities to wanting to be more volunteer let. Where is all the money going
Great company to work for
Director of Finance and Operations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 8, 2018
Great opportunity to grow and meet great people, travel and trainings from great trainers. Willing to go back and miss the great people. Provide great services to people in need of support.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
pay
This place was a really fun place to work and was very flexible
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
This place is an excellent place to work because of not only how nice the workers and management are, but also because of how flexible you can make your work schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fun place with nice people
Training other volunteers to do the Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2018
Very glad as a part of Association before. Provided me with an unforgettable memory during my volunteer time. They provide the detailed training for volunteer.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 23, 2018
I absolutely adore working as a Volunteer with the Alzheimer's Association and to be able to help plan the Walk is such a rewarding feeling!! The Alzheimer's Association is a wonderful organization!

Want to know more about Alzheimer's Association?

Ask a question
Alzheimers
Development and Event Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMay 10, 2018
The mission and vision of the company was very clear. The office was casual. I did not have a good relationship with my boss. My role helped me expand upon my skills.
Poor Management
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2018
Inexperienced management team with unrealistic work expectations. High staff turnover. Unrealistic goals for all departments. Emotionally abusive leadership team.
Good Volunteer Work
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 2, 2018
I volunteered to photograph the 5K held by the Alzheimer's Association. The director of the event I worked at was very kind and easy to talk to. It was a very honorable event and I felt proud to be a part of it.
Great Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 30, 2018
Overall a great environment for an Intern
- Plenty of rewarding work
- Preparing for community forums, small group meetings, and training sessions
- Opportunities to create small groups and work with those in the community affected by Alzheimers and other dementias
Salary was not conducive to what is being asked.
Family Case Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
The salary does not match the cost of living. Of course this is not a job that you expect to be paid a six figure income, however, one should not be having issues making ends meet as well when you are being asked to work extended hours, travel in your personal vehicle and not really being compensated for it. Also lack of room for advancement along with being expected to be familiarize with all facets of the disease with poor education training does not help.
Fun Workplace environment, great for entry-level experience
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 25, 2018
The workplace culture at the Alzheimer's Association is great! You are able to work with incredible and talented staff from around the country.

The day to day structure at the Alzheimer's Association is always changing depending on upcoming events, programs and conference calls.

Not much room for advancement or lateral moves within the association.

The hardest part of this job is smaller offices with smaller budgets and population having to achieve the same goals as larger cities.
Has promise but it has a lot of obstacles to get as good as they think they are
Finance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
They are not as open and collaborative as they advertise. They mean well but they lack in knowledge and leadership. There is a lot of internal struggle that they don't want you to see or they ignore.
Excellent people to work with and great leadership
RESOURCE & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2018
Provides the very best training and encouragement in the field of therapy and assisting those in need. A wonderful experience working for a nonprofit whose goal is to enrich and better the lives of all those served. A real community feeling and great team to work with.
Pros
Training, time off, flexible schedule while in school
Cons
Location was far from my home in north valley, pay was low but training made up for it
Finance Department is poorly managed. Organization in General.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILMarch 10, 2018
Though the cause is noble, this organization is far from that.

With:
Delegation
Takes credit for other's work
Double binding
Shift blame
Mismanagement
Malicious compliance
Hostile work environment

Would never refer anyone to work here and sadly not to donate.
Not because the cause is not worthy. But the organization needs to be held accountable for their lack off integrity.

Either they need to be exposed and new leadership shoud be implemented. Or a new organization should be started.
Incredible learning experience
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2018
My time at the Alzheimer's Association ignited a fire in me to never give up on the fight to end Alzheimer's Disease and related dementia. I was completely unaware of just how big of an issue this was and how I could be a part of the fight. I improved my public speaking and interpersonal skills way more than I expected to. The entire organization felt invested in making the most of my experience with them.
Pros
Tons of trainings and professional development
Cons
Unpaid