Alzheimer's Association Employee Reviews

Very Positive Team - Not-For-Profit
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 24, 2018
I was assigned to work for the Alzheimer's Organization for 9 weeks. This was to be for 3 days/week (6 hours each day). After the first 2 days, I was highly praised and asked to work 4 days/week. The following week I was praised again and all employees were extremely warm and inviting.

The office was on a "mission" for their annual awareness walks throughout the state. My job was as a customer service rep, where I contacted all team leaders re upcoming events, etc.

Every day my supervisor met with me briefly or left my work for me (a list of the upcoming events). When I started this position, everything I needed was at my desk and the computer was ready for me to start (this had not been the case at previous jobs). So, this was very much appreciated.

As the weeks rolled by, I got to meet other staff and they ALL were absolutely wonderful! If there were a position open in this office, I would love to have it...but, my position was only for 9 weeks...
Pros
Own office, warm and friendly staff
Cons
None.
Lack
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denville, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Lack of communication and lack of consideration for employees
Lack of morals
Do not acknowledge their employees and do not appreciate new ideas for the organization
Making a difference
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 16, 2018
Employees very dedicated to the mission of the organization and supporting each other. They truly care about the community and offer numerous community programs.
Pros
Full time is under 40hrs a week, very balanced work life, extremely collaborative, great pto package
Cons
Cigna health care is the worse, low pay, raises are merit based off randomly set goals from the national office.
Productive and Himanatarian
Program Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 16, 2018
Great organization dedicated to their cause...bringing an end to the disease known as Alzheimer's.

I work as an Intern Title V older adult. That's why do do not rate their benefits
Pros
Great team of workers
Cons
Npne
rewarding place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2018
Everyday I came in ready to answer phone calls and greet family members who were there to get more information and support on how to deal with their loved one with dementia or Alzheimer's disease. Even though that part could be sad at times I was very happy to know that I could give a smile or hug to reassure them that they were not alone. The staff there functions as a family unit and were very supportive on whatever stage of life I was going through.
Good organization with a very important purpose. Diverse staff including older and younger. Managers are good or bad depending on who you report to.
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2018
Nice office environment. Low key. Located downtown and very accessible from all over the city by public transportation. Diverse staff – all different ages. Contract pay ok. Management can be good or bad depending on the specific manager. Some managers don’t have great people skills. Contract workers treated as what they are – temporary.
Pros
Comfortable office environment.
Cons
Not sure there is much advancement.
Varies from Chapter to Chapter
CRA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2018
A typical day varies from chapter to chapter, as does management, job advancement, culture, etc. I worked for a moderately sized chapter that had some management issues, a high turn-over rate, and some serious denial.
Exceptional
Internship (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 31, 2018
They are great to work with. They have good work ethics and they are very exceptional. The hardest part of the Job is having to repeat things to client because they have Alzheimer
working with memory care Residance
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 12, 2018
Memory care is hard, most of the residents don't remember who you are and are in a child like mind, its hard to adjust that someday we will be in the same situation,
Anxiety is a key behavior and its hard to calm them down, but with a lot of love and patience you can agree with them no matter what , however if theyre afraid it will take awhile to convince them
Very competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
Competitive environment.
Great benefits, good culture, very demanding with high expectations. minimal on-site training for computer applications and programs utilized within organization. Annual incentives.

Want to know more about Alzheimer's Association?

Ask a question
Little Training
Contracted Event Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
Many are overworked and there is little time for adequate training. This is a problem coming from the national office - not from the chamber itself. Great people work there
Serving the community
Education and Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2018
I was trained in various relevant skills that I can take to my next position. The hardest part is the community served - It is difficult when there isn't a solution to the hardship of a client with dementia.
Internship Life
Community Outreach Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 25, 2018
Being an intern here was incredible. Working in a small office with three other people was amazing, we were able to work quickly and get things done. A quick day in the office looked like: Going around to different health centers in the CV area in the morning to pass out brochures and flyers about the event, Calling people to recruit volunteers and fundraising for the event, and lastly working on the event that was being held at the end of September.
Cons
None Paid Internship
Relaxed
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Only part time job through AARP assistance program. The job is part time data entry, maintain ordering of supplies, stocking break room supplies and compiling packets.
Always busy and fun to intern there
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 21, 2018
always fun and kept busy. Management is great and they give rewards and theres always volunteer opportunities. The hardest part of the job was sometimes they would be understaffed which then each member that was on the floor had a bigger group to interact with and sometimes that could get stressful. The most enjoyable was that somedays it was very relaxed.
very money driven
Manager of Development (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 14, 2018
The Alzheimer's Association has went from a model of feet on the ground helping our communities to wanting to be more volunteer let. Where is all the money going
Great company to work for
Director of Finance and Operations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 8, 2018
Great opportunity to grow and meet great people, travel and trainings from great trainers. Willing to go back and miss the great people. Provide great services to people in need of support.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
pay
This place was a really fun place to work and was very flexible
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
This place is an excellent place to work because of not only how nice the workers and management are, but also because of how flexible you can make your work schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fun place with nice people
Training other volunteers to do the Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2018
Very glad as a part of Association before. Provided me with an unforgettable memory during my volunteer time. They provide the detailed training for volunteer.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 23, 2018
I absolutely adore working as a Volunteer with the Alzheimer's Association and to be able to help plan the Walk is such a rewarding feeling!! The Alzheimer's Association is a wonderful organization!