AM COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

2.3
Ratings breakdown
long hour
Technician (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHAugust 6, 2018
long drives, could use company truck, they set you up with tools but you have to pay them back. directed by parent company with jobs and hours, had to call in after each job was done for clear codes
Horrible
Cable Television Installer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2018
Point based hourly pay system. Sub contractor for Time Warner/Spectrum. Walking into dirty homes installing cable...sometimes dangerous situations. Strict and mostly unreasonable time frames set by Time Warner.
Pros
Materials always on hand
Cons
unreasonable expectations from most techs
Fast Paced environment meant for seasoned technicians
Cable Television Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I liked the workplace and the work culture that they had. They did go above and beyond to make sure that all tech personnel were trained and proficient in their duties to the company and to the consumer.
Good place to work.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIFebruary 12, 2018
This company is a really good place to work, but you have to want to work. You get paid by the work you do. So if you don't work because you're lazy you make minimum wage. The reviews I read are sad. It's a bunch of whiny babies who don't want to work so of course you make very little money. My experience with this company is very positive. The managers work with you if you need time off. The company as a whole is amazing.
Pros
Make as much money as you want.
Cons
Don't be lazy and you will make money.
lack of work
Cable Installer (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Very little work so a lot of people only work a few days a week . Very little pay for the job done. You get paid by the job no the hour. If you sit for hours in between jobs then you dont get paid for that time
Good place to work if you single
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 28, 2017
Am communications is a good company to for as long as you don't mine working 6 days a week and 70 to 80 hours in a week. The place is quick, the faster you work the more money you can make.
This company hates paying its workers
technician (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIDecember 26, 2017
This company will do anything to make sure your check is as small as they can. I think they feel as though their workers are something that gets in the way of profit instead of something they can utilize for profit.
Strict working atmosphere with 1 day off a week,
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Galion, OHNovember 27, 2017
The current managers there are not very appreciative of their employees or all that they do for the company. They'll hire just about anyone who applies unless they have obvious aliments. They take and take and do compensate for he time and help you give them. They were talking of mandating one of the 3 employees they had left to work thanksgiving and forcing someone to work Christmas when I left.
Pros
weekly pay, nice benefits.
Terrible place
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVOctober 31, 2017
I would never tell someone that it is a good place to work. Atleast in WV its not. Supervisors are terrible. Field Op Managers are even worse than that. They dont care about you or your family so you could be out till 11 at night for all they care.
Cons
Too many hours for the Pay
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2017
Let me say this. They have a VERY high turnover rate for a reason. Within the first month of me being here, they had two out of four total in house (non 1099) in Columbus leave. You will work anywhere from 10-12 hours everyday at minimum wage unless you are good at cable. Run into an issue? There goes all your production for the day. Want a luck break? Well you gotta earn that lunch break because they will not schedule one for you. Be prepared to work nonstop, Monday-saturday and have no time for anything. Only good thing I have for this company is that they allow you to take your truck home for the day
Pros
Take truck home.
Cons
Too many hours, not enough pay
get ready to work for less than your worth
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYOctober 14, 2017
definately not a good job unless you are a self starter, you have to be an honest, hardworking person, and ready to put up with a bunch of bologna. i enjoyed working by myself for each customer, but at the end of the day,
they constantly change the rules, personally i was supposed to leave state and work out of town for a few months, at the end of 3 months i was supposed to recieve a bonus, my boss talked me into extending telling me that i would recieve my bonus with the vacation pay.. never happened, i was told the rules changed and they werent giving the bonus, but i have a signed contract, cant really do anything about it now because im still out of state but that is also why i am currently looking for another job, ive been with this company since 2013 and im still making next to minimum wage, still no advancement, even tho i work 70+ hours a week and in the entire time i have worked for am comm i have missed 4 days due to medical emergencies with my kids.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
missing out on family
Whatever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 13, 2017
Is what it is. If you need a job take it but it isnt the greatest place to work as a technician if you are not a fast learner. The supervisors either dont have the time or are not willing to teach.
Not a fair company.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  WVAugust 4, 2017
I knew about all the bad reviews but decided to accept a position because it's the only one offered at the time. This company is so cheap. They make lead techs drive 2-3 hours one way from their home areas to cover because everyone else quit but won't pay for travel time. You have to buy your own specialty tools and uniform if you want one.The point system is a joke because so few points are awarded for each job and you get screwed during downtime you can't control. This is a job to hold you over until you get a better offer and that's pretty much it.
Pros
Being on your own.
Cons
Ridiculous pay for the technical work done at times.
Bottom of the barrel job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 21, 2017
If there is anyplace at all that would possibly give you a job that I recommend that you take it before working for AM communications.

The only people that will get reasonable pay are the lead techs, supervisors and others in management.

Per the norm, the ones that put in the most hours and perform the hardest work get the shaft.

Lead techs and supervisors make $800 per week. Field techs make minimum wage, My best paid week in the 6 months that I worked there was 691.67 and that was for 85 hours.

To put it short due to the hours I put in for this company I lost my family.
Pros
Cons
long hours low pay
.Not a good company
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 14, 2017
.very low pay is based on points. very high turnover rate. work a lot of hours for very little pay. Not worth it.......................................
Awful
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioApril 24, 2017
Management doesn't care about employees and they don't care if you have a life or family. They make you work crazy hours for very little pay and it's not worth it.
all work no personal life
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVApril 2, 2017
work 6 days a week up to 75 hours a week, picking up slack for others, not good pay for that much work, but theyre good people to work with, good place to start from nothing.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no personal life, not good pay for all the work
It's a job
Contractor for time Warner cable (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 10, 2017
This jobs is only good if your quick at installing. The faster/efficient you are the better the pay. The more production/commission the more pay.
Cons
Work 6 days, points decide your pay.
Challenging
Safety and training development specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 21, 2016
It's a fine job. You just need to have a strong work ethic. Co workers can be great. Management in some aspects are iffy at best. Being away from family is the hardest part.
Miserable Work Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 22, 2016
I ran one of their offices for a few months and it was the worst professional decision I've ever made. The dishonesty and greed that I witnessed is parallel to no other business I've ever worked for. I was privy to the weekly invoices and knew the labor costs; the employees were paid peanuts compared to the revenue the system generated. I would work between 70 and 80 hours per week; sometimes 7 days a week from sun-up to well after sundown. There was no morale whatsoever in the office and no help from corporate to fix any concerns. They were happy with hiring new technicians weekly and made no effort to keep the good ones because they refused to part with a fair wage. I don't care how desperate you are for work, please do not apply with this company. You will regret every second your there and despise waking up in the morning to go to this job. There are absolutely no positive aspects of this company. STAY FAR AWAY!
Pros
Cons
The Company Itself