AM Retail Group

AM Retail Group Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
Initially had potential... :(
I so wanted this to be “THE” company for me...

Senior Management is not trustworthy and “plays favorites”...

The President is unable to motivate, develop her Team and to provide any direction - especially during “rough waters”...
Reviewed as too performing stir in all KPIS
I have received recognition in my stop program I run throughout the region. I have also received a trophies for inventory excellence. My district is a top performing store.
Awful place to work
Worst job ever, no raises year after year (only upper management on the corporate level) no work/life balance. No support, No room for growth, Unrealistic expectations!!!
Productive and friendly workplace
I worked for Bass which is owned by AM retail group. I enjoyed my experience working here, the main downside were on-call hours making it hard to know when/if you are going to work.
Job Security
Retail is great specially if you are able to help someone in need. Management is wonderful and most of the time they worked with my schedule. Fun environment and wonderful people
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
One of the best places to work
Love it wish I didn't have to leave.The management is remarkable. They love making family first. Everyone is friendly and working is not stressful but it allows you to want to be your best ans do your best at your job.
doesnt always put customer first
company is customer service first - but my store location followed rules (that are allowed to be broken if its for a customer) I was not trained that way and found it a difficult environment to be in.
productive work to keep you busy
the management was terrible. They all cover each others back except for one manager. by far the most unprofessional retail store I have worked in and nothing is done if you leave a complaint. All they care about is if you make them their sales so they can get paid.They act like they care then talk behind your back to their favorite employees. This place has favoritism. The only good part of this job is you get to meet co-workers but they don't even let you speak to them if they don't like the, but they can spend an entire 1-3 speaking to their favorite employee.
Pros
discount
Cons
favoritism
Maybe a good place for a first job
The pay is pretty low and and opportunity to grow is not there. Their infrastructure is very dated, as well as the working knowledge of current technology by management.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Low pay, lack of opportunity to grow
Ay Job
It was great working there and I have to relocate that while i left but if I had a opportunity to go back i will be happy because I felt good there all year.
Great company with friendly people
Am Retail Group has been a learning experience and i have met some wonderful people. I enjoy that the work force is a mix of nationalities and the company really does try to accommodate their employees.
Pros
Friendly faces, benefits, hours
Cons
Pay, advancement opportunities
Love my environment and co workers
Small business with a lot of strive and tough people behind them, ive been working with them for 5 years now as seasonal help now i stared as a flyer girl and am not lead i. Merchandiseing for vmu, store set ups, sku checks, and invintory day
The company says all the right things to get you to work for them however it won’t be long before you realize you made a mistake.
Poor leadership, lack of support. And un appreciated.
Decisions are based on whether you’re a yes sir or no sir kind of person. The company culture is about the stores appearance and not the people.
Brooklyn Park Review
A large company with low to medium benefits and not allot of opportunity for advancement. Not good communications with management unless you are there favorite. the employees are kept in the dark unless you are upper management staff.
Not willing to train or move you into other area's of the company.
Pros
Flexible Hours to some degree
Cons
A large corporation the supports their employees well.
A large company with good pay, good benefits, and opportunity for advancement. Good communication, the employees are kept in the loop of the company status and the direction it is heading in the future.
Excellent
Very good company to work for. I highly recommend them. Family oriented business. Very strong in customer service. Good benefits. Results driven company.
poor leadership
There was not enough support for the sales floor, for the employees and for the leadership. There was poor upper leadership as well. not enough training
Not a career chocie
Not a career choice. Not an easy job. Takes skill and the know-how to get the basic job requirements done. Leadership is only concerned about sales.
play hard work hard
culture is fun exciting and hard work- sales goals are fair and teams really can take ownership if they are go getters. not a job for people who want to clock in and out.
Pros
rewards competiveness
Cons
7 day a week job
A good place to work. Good benefits.
When I was working in this company I learned a lot of things about how to operate in a wearhouse. I learned to use some computer skills and also to operate some line machines I was a pack lead and I learn to work fast and productive. The company has great benefits. I learned to be a lead and teach people how to done things because most people who work there speak Spanish at that time and I was able to interprete from English to Spanish.
relaxed place to work and great co-workwers
I was first introduced to them as a temporary employee, but the business was growing and it turned out to be full-time. It was busier on Payroll weeks, butt generally casual and relaxed - -but not as far as lazy. generally enjoyed my time there...
Pros
people/atmosphere
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AM Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight