Amalgamated Life Insurance Employee Reviews

bad
Micro-fiche Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
They didn' treat they co-workers good, my manager would yell at me while i was working say go back to my office. the company moved to Yonkers to far for me to go.
Not a good place to work
CIO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
When I was there their was not commitment to excellence. At that time is was all political and not a good place to work or advance. Things hopefully have changed with the new management.
Nice work enviornment with a full kitchen with chef available
(Temp) Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 26, 2018
Amalgamated was a great working and learning experience. I learned many techniques to analyze reports, accurately and promptly. Supervisors were very understanding of single parents and the importance of being in their children's life.
Low salary great benefiits
Customer Service Support II (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2018
Great place to work, low pay but great benefits. This company has great perks, diverse culture. People are great to work with. Customer service department rocks. The director is very strict but he is a great human being.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Manager Appeals and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 29, 2018
I have no comment about a typical day at work, what I learned, what management was like or workplace culture. Nor the hardest part of the job or the most enjoyable part.
comfortable and fun place to work,feel free to be myself . would like to be told told if i am doing a good job. encouregment goes along way.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job . I like to help people. management was hard at times, micromanaging was difficult to deal with. I learned alot about pensions for the customers and for my self in the future.
Pros
close to home, no highway driving
Cons
micromanagers
Advancement
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 19, 2018
Company has not advanced from a technology perspective when I talk with others in my industry. Additionally, there is a lot of "dead weight" within the company that management chooses to ignore. Salary is a flat percentage for each employee never recognizing those that work harder and assume more responsibility. Very unfair practice that creates negative employee morale.
Pros
There are flexible hours for many. Most work a 7.5 hour day and are able to maintain their workload.
Cons
Unfair merit increases with little room for advancement.
Great benefits and pension, but in union limited $ and a lot of time
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10604February 19, 2018
Some days stressful and some days easy going.
Management is strong and helpful. Friendly environment. Some staff are a little old school and therefore sometimes are slow in learning new processes.
Pros
Benefits, pension, unlimited overtime
Cons
Time, less pay, slow advancement up in company.
no space for growth
Auditor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 28, 2017
mid size company with little room for growth as auditor, management is nice and work environment is peaceful, good benefits and hours. good place to work at.
Group Life Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 10, 2017
Tons of work non stop phone calls desk full of paperwork deadlines to meet weekly meetings. friendly staff everyone is very nice and caring great place to work
Great place to work with room for growth
V & E Maintenance Operator/ Grade VII (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
This was one of my first full time jobs which I enjoyed. I started as a Data Entry Clerk and worked my way up to V & E Maintenance Operator II within 2 years. Great company to work with and excellent management. This was a very diverse job with room for growth.
Pros
This company had positions with room for growth.
the company
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 29, 2017
The company was great to work for. they offered good benefits and they too would always try to get the best benefits for their members. The staff the fund to work and it felt like family
Relaxed environment and very diverse
Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 26, 2017
They have a welcoming atmosphere. There are many avenues for advancement. The ability to move within the office is comfortable. Employees generally like to help within other departments. There is an application overload of clients applying for retirement.
Cons
Pay not equivalent to job description
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 10, 2017
i thoroughly enjoyed my time here. we worked on special projects as the company acquired and incorporated a few smaller companies. Integrating systems was a fun task.
Salaires need reviews
Pension Examiner (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 31, 2017
This place has some great co-workers, but the salaries are very low compared to other companies big and small out there. You are also expected to do a very large volume of work after only one or two training sessions.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Great organization
Supervisor / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 18, 2017
Nice company with wonderful leadership. Unfortunately too small to compete with the mega insurance companies such as UHC and BCBS. Flex hours were a wonderful perk!
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Very Busy Department
Pension Project Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Typical day consisted of processing pension applications and answering calls for Retirees on a daily basis. Maintained and updated member information in new Database.
Challenging Work with Constructing Learning
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 20, 2017
There is no typical day every day is different. What I have learned through managers, supervisors and directors is more than i can explain. Best job ever, anything you need to know someone is there to help. Co workers and management have become great influences on my professional and work life. I consider my career time period there one of my greatest moments in my life. I strongly recommend this job to anyone who is willing to put in the work and LISTEN to what your superiors have to say when they explain to you your work. I cannot express how frustrating it is when trying to teach new people. This company is perfect they know what they're doing and if you're not the type to work and listen do not waste their time. Excellent company, excellent staff loved every day of it.
Pros
Excellent staff, free parking, bistro in the building
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Good benefits, great people
Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Great people to work with. Laid back and friendly environment. Very diverse in culture and everyone seems to get along.
low work moral
Benefit Analyst/Claims Department (Licensed) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Flextime is one of the best aspects of working for this company. The benefits are decent. At amalgamated, management is very cold and not employee friendly. The pay is very low. Those who have to be licensed to preform their job, are not compensated for having a license.