Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews

automatic overtime
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 13, 2019
The management was good. They worked the floor a lot. The hardest part about that job was the long days sometimes. The automatic overtime was a nice compensation of the long days. So it worked it!
Pros
my coworkers were fun to work with
Cons
No insurance
Liked the job but they were very unwelcoming to a new employee
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 27, 2019
I love the pay hated the type of welding we did. There was good things and bad. I’m just upset that I didn’t get to work with them longer. They pay well.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Stressful. Expect. Alot
Tolerable if no one else is hiring
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Extremely lacking in competent and capable management, they just Port in Underachievers from different states. It's a revolving door job at best,suited for temps.
Pros
The checks cleared
Cons
Everything else
Productive and busy work place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Learned increasing customer service skills as well as territory sales experience and management developement experience. Team leadership developement skills.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for management
Jacob stansell
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 6, 2019
Its a good job unless you have kids and you need Saturdays off then they will fight not to let you have the day off the work load is far from balanced if you know what your doing they make you do everything if you don't know any thing they don't make you do your job and blame you for numbers at the end of the day
Pros
Health care
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 30, 2018
Hard factory work. Must be able to withstand working on feet for hours.
Good people.
Able to work up in business.
Must be focused and ready to work..
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 30, 2018
It was great job for anyone to work for. Would recommend it, if someone needed a job. I worked long days and nights. It is a lot of pressure if a someone can't handle it.
Pros
Employee
Cons
Long work weeks
Lead Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work great pay good people to work with and for willing to work with you pto time every week can't go wrong working here has allot of over time
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Worst place I’ve ever worked for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2018
Where do I start...the management is terrible. You get bullied constantly. Walking in as a new person they expect you to know everything and when you don’t they make you seem like you’re literally the dumbest person in the building. Negative environment all around. Management is garbage. The “senior” admin treats you like like the gum on the bottom of her shoe and isn’t willing to help you what so ever. Don’t apply here. Unless you want to be constantly belittled and talked to like you aren’t worth anything. Apply elsewhere. The little pay they offer ain’t worth it.
Cons
Very tough work but there's some good people that work there
Face installer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 2, 2018
My job as face installer was very physical very repetitious had to pay very close attention to detail it was somewhat hot next to an oven no teamwork in that area whatsoever those people like to see failed and succeed or help them
Pros
Get in good shape quickly
Cons
Sore back tennis elbow very stressful carpal tunnel the list goes on
Fun and busy
FIP Widnow (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 18, 2018
Worked there for over a year, really a great company to work for. Would considering going back if have to. Looking to see how they grow in the future.
Open environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2018
Laid back environment, no room for advancement, work area friendly, customer base driven. Evaluation given but not use to incorporate raise or job performance.
Pros
immediate work area laid back
Cons
salary
It was very relaxing there
Bander (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 17, 2018
First we stretch for the day then we go to work.
I personally learned how to do a lot of things including different positions on the assembly line and shipping and the management was great very nice and helpful.
Pros
Descent size breaks and a lunch break
Cons
very loud and a lot of things to trip over
Not a good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 30, 2018
No days off
Unfair management
Racial distrimination
People get hurt frequently
Management seems not to care about employees
People department don’t hold employees conversations private
Pros
Okay insurance
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement, and low wages
Great Place To Work
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 15, 2018
Working for Amarr is all around a good experience, with good wages and the opportunity for advancement all the time.. I would differently recommend this place to family and friends..
Production Maintaining Safety
Process Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 6, 2018
The foundation of Amarr felt sound. The People working within the establishment seemed friendly enough....Amarr continuously stayed on the cutting edge evolving it's product. Turnover during the summer months sayed pretty high...
Pros
Variety of duties to be done. Multitasking a plus!!
Cons
Late night overtime for Supervisors
Difficult to advance
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 27, 2018
Initially, my experience at Amarr was very positive. However, with frequent changes in management it was difficult to gain a sense of continuity. Just as you become accustomed to how a manager likes to run the department, he/she would be replaced and the learning process would have to start again.
Advancement seemed next to impossible and there was heavy turnover throughout the plant.
I also ran into instances of management undermining my efforts to maintain production standards and personal responsibility due to personal relationships between my work crew and my immediate supervisor.
Poor Work Environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 13, 2018
The work is very labor intensive. It’s physically demanding, definitely not for those who aren’t used to grunt work. If you work there long enough, you will definitely get physically stronger. But if you’re not careful, you can seriously injure yourself. Safety is not a high priority as there were four of us on modified duties @ the same time due to various injuries. The GM @ the Rancho Cucamonga facility is THE WORST manager I have EVER worked for. During my tenure, there was obvious favoritism as he would hold some of us accountable for the most menial errors while others were given much more leeway. My training was very minimal, but I was held accountable as if I was trained thoroughly. Overall, the morale was very low due to the poor leadership of the GM. I’m glad I left! I feel bad for the associates who are still there.
Pros
Good pay if you’re in management
Cons
Poor work environment due to horrible leadership
good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2018
i was young when they offered me a position. I took it, not long after realized my manager was stealing from the company. A while later i took a promotion and moved, not long after that I was offered a bigger location so I moved with them again. Was not allowed to hire any more staff even though I grew sales, so, I left
Pros
good place to work
Cons
see above
Parts warehouse
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
Stage orders for daily customer pickups. Ensure product is complete and accurate.
Unload trucks containing all parts needed for orders. Ensure accuracy of delivery and stage correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amarr Garage Doors. Our community is ready to answer.