Amarr Garage Doors Management reviews

automatic overtime
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 13, 2019
The management was good. They worked the floor a lot. The hardest part about that job was the long days sometimes. The automatic overtime was a nice compensation of the long days. So it worked it!
Pros
my coworkers were fun to work with
Cons
No insurance
Tolerable if no one else is hiring
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Extremely lacking in competent and capable management, they just Port in Underachievers from different states. It's a revolving door job at best,suited for temps.
Pros
The checks cleared
Cons
Everything else
Productive and busy work place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Learned increasing customer service skills as well as territory sales experience and management developement experience. Team leadership developement skills.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for management
Worst place I’ve ever worked for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2018
Where do I start...the management is terrible. You get bullied constantly. Walking in as a new person they expect you to know everything and when you don’t they make you seem like you’re literally the dumbest person in the building. Negative environment all around. Management is garbage. The “senior” admin treats you like like the gum on the bottom of her shoe and isn’t willing to help you what so ever. Don’t apply here. Unless you want to be constantly belittled and talked to like you aren’t worth anything. Apply elsewhere. The little pay they offer ain’t worth it.
Cons
It was very relaxing there
Bander (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 17, 2018
First we stretch for the day then we go to work.
I personally learned how to do a lot of things including different positions on the assembly line and shipping and the management was great very nice and helpful.
Pros
Descent size breaks and a lunch break
Cons
very loud and a lot of things to trip over
Not a good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 30, 2018
No days off
Unfair management
Racial distrimination
People get hurt frequently
Management seems not to care about employees
People department don’t hold employees conversations private
Pros
Okay insurance
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement, and low wages
Difficult to advance
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 27, 2018
Initially, my experience at Amarr was very positive. However, with frequent changes in management it was difficult to gain a sense of continuity. Just as you become accustomed to how a manager likes to run the department, he/she would be replaced and the learning process would have to start again.
Advancement seemed next to impossible and there was heavy turnover throughout the plant.
I also ran into instances of management undermining my efforts to maintain production standards and personal responsibility due to personal relationships between my work crew and my immediate supervisor.
Poor Work Environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 13, 2018
The work is very labor intensive. It’s physically demanding, definitely not for those who aren’t used to grunt work. If you work there long enough, you will definitely get physically stronger. But if you’re not careful, you can seriously injure yourself. Safety is not a high priority as there were four of us on modified duties @ the same time due to various injuries. The GM @ the Rancho Cucamonga facility is THE WORST manager I have EVER worked for. During my tenure, there was obvious favoritism as he would hold some of us accountable for the most menial errors while others were given much more leeway. My training was very minimal, but I was held accountable as if I was trained thoroughly. Overall, the morale was very low due to the poor leadership of the GM. I’m glad I left! I feel bad for the associates who are still there.
Pros
Good pay if you’re in management
Cons
Poor work environment due to horrible leadership
Cool Co-Workers/GM is a JERK
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2018
Overall the job is cool. I just load up garage doors and components to installers sometimes you deliver doors all over the state. Truck days SUCK!!! but its ok cause everybody is pitches in. The GM is a know it all and always tries to find something negative to say even when you show up to work on time and ready to work, they always find something wrong you did. Found every excuse not to give me a raise and always had an excuse when you bring up things that could be done better.Good company BAD management.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
General Manager
Its very unsafe
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 26, 2017
If osha was called the plant would never reopen in lawrence
We have black mold
Unsafe handrails
Old fall arrest systems
ECT
If your willing to be injured then this is your place
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Saftey
Great co workers, horrible management
Bottom Angle EPS (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 23, 2017
They seem to only care about the production of doors and hitting quota then the well-being of the employees that are working for them. The machine is constantly break down because an employee who work there from the beginning of 1990 said that the equipment hasn't been updated since he got there. The management and supervisors lack the leadership needed to run a productive warehouse. Always forced to work overtime and to come in 2 or 3 hours early no work-life balance. You will have to keep track of everything yourself do not depend on management to do so because you will get screwed.
Pros
Getting paid after forced overtime
Cons
Short breaks, management, equipment, everything
Modern day sweat shop poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 16, 2017
If you are looking to work somewhere that's poorly managed with no work life balance Amarr is the place. Expect to work seven days a week and go months without a day off with extreme physical labor no chance for your body to ever rest or recover. The company is very poorly managed and always over capacity. The compensation for the hours and labor expected out of employees in not adequate. Very high turnover rate for employees and supervisors basically because you have no life outside of Amarr. Worked as a supervisor there and in my 19 years working in the manufacturing industry poorest managed company I have ever seen. Seriously like working in a overseas sweat shop. Only work here if you are desperate for money or a in between job because you will have zero life outside of work period.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance poor management
Hr is horrible
Warehouse Associate/Backup Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
Overall a good company but the HR is horrible. You could be sexually harassed and they wouldn't do anything but scold the person. Sweeping things under the rug and never resolving them.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hr
Dont work in hardware department
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 16, 2017
The company on a whole is ok at best and the hardware department 3rd shift manager is hard to work with due to multiple personality conflicts with the people he supervised. He is unprofessional when dealing with any type of company violation, and even went so far as to threaten my job to try to get me to do things his way.
Cons
Bad management, working on weekends
Fresh out of jail?
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 13, 2017
Do you like working with the most hood of hood, fresh out of jail lowlife scum of the earth? Come work here. They will hire anyone literally anyone off the street. If you are a woman, and don't mind working for a company where you are sexually harassed by every male on the premises then come work here. If you report it everyday to your boss and his boss nothing will ever happen and the harassment will continue. Do you like working in an unsafe place with people who are careless? Come work for Amarr!
Great company to for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 9, 2017
A great company to work for. Super upper management leadership that cares about their employees. Great compensation benefits and a family oriented work environment.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
team players and great management. Family type atmosphere. well organized. Everyone knew there rolls and were very supportive of others. willingness to keep you trained.
Decent Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 25, 2016
Decent place to work. Management is unorganized. Co workers were top notch. A typical day includes a lot of hard work. Sometimes working for the company could be hectic.
Job Sucks
Laborer/Helper (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 4, 2016
If you work at this job you will have no family life you will work your life away. I recommend no one ever work here. All of the upper management will treat you like children they will tell you only what you want to hear. If you try to move up a position they will try to hold you back
Pros
they will hire anyone off the streets even felons
Cons
you will work your whole entire life away
Overworked
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 25, 2016
It's hard to know where to start, there are so many issues from top to bottom within the company. There are too many managers and supervisors and most of them are unqualified. There is way too much overtime, the production employees are often forced to work 10 hour days, 7 days a week. Office employees routinely work 10 - 12 hour days. The work load they expect employees to complete is too high and burnout is inevitable. Turnover is pretty high and I don't think I can work for Amarr much longer. I would not recommend anyone apply for job here.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amarr Garage Doors. Our community is ready to answer.