Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Loader/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 19, 2017
The only reason what makes amarr fun to work at every day is the people that you work with. Everyone there works very hard and at the same time will make jokes to help the go by faster.
Retail Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KS 66046March 27, 2017
Acceptable place to work but requires a lot of overtime in busy seasons and weekend work. Requires phone and computer knowledge and multi tasking is a big key part of the job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Weekend shift, mandatory overtime
Dont work in hardware department
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 16, 2017
The company on a whole is ok at best and the hardware department 3rd shift manager is hard to work with due to multiple personality conflicts with the people he supervised. He is unprofessional when dealing with any type of company violation, and even went so far as to threaten my job to try to get me to do things his way.
Cons
Bad management, working on weekends
Great Place to Work
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 8, 2017
Enjoyed the whole experience. Wish I didn't have to quit. My back and hip just couldn't handle the strenous activities of the job. Great place to work
productive and fun work place..
Pride Staff (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Coworkers were welcoming; my coworkers trained me and i got the hang of everything pretty quick. The manager was a great guy but he was nice to a limit he likes employees who love to learn and work at the same time. You always have to have a certain of energy when you step into the warehouse because we worked with alot of heavy weight allday.
Pros
sometimes Free lunches
Cons
Allowed 30 min lunch break and two 15min breaks.
Fresh out of jail?
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 13, 2017
Do you like working with the most hood of hood, fresh out of jail lowlife scum of the earth? Come work here. They will hire anyone literally anyone off the street. If you are a woman, and don't mind working for a company where you are sexually harassed by every male on the premises then come work here. If you report it everyday to your boss and his boss nothing will ever happen and the harassment will continue. Do you like working in an unsafe place with people who are careless? Come work for Amarr!
Great company to for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 9, 2017
A great company to work for. Super upper management leadership that cares about their employees. Great compensation benefits and a family oriented work environment.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
team players and great management. Family type atmosphere. well organized. Everyone knew there rolls and were very supportive of others. willingness to keep you trained.
Close to home
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 14, 2016
It was a nice place to work because it was so close to home. Besides that it was mainly what u could put up with. No room for forward advancement nor where there a competitive rates of pay.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay
Decent Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PANovember 25, 2016
Decent place to work. Management is unorganized. Co workers were top notch. A typical day includes a lot of hard work. Sometimes working for the company could be hectic.
Started out as a good job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2016
Early in my career with Amarr it was the ideal job. Your work was rewarded for your hard work. In 2008 is when the job started to more of a chore then a job. Once the company was sold in 2012 it was really hard to get up and go to work.
Pros
vacations.
Cons
heathcare, retirement
Enjoyed the employees
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Factory work is not for everyone. I enjoyed it but you have some people that don't enjoy you after you injure yourself.
Day shift did not pull their weight and left it for night shift to do.
Everyone on my shift helped me because my station was one of the hardest but when I was backed up I would help them out.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Day shift
good place to work
FIP (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 8, 2016
when i was working for amarr it was great because i learned a lot and became a great machine operator and bandier there was a lot of nice people that thought me everything when i was in class for them.
Pros
free water
Cons
good breaks
Job Sucks
Laborer/Helper (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 4, 2016
If you work at this job you will have no family life you will work your life away. I recommend no one ever work here. All of the upper management will treat you like children they will tell you only what you want to hear. If you try to move up a position they will try to hold you back
Pros
they will hire anyone off the streets even felons
Cons
you will work your whole entire life away
Overworked
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 25, 2016
It's hard to know where to start, there are so many issues from top to bottom within the company. There are too many managers and supervisors and most of them are unqualified. There is way too much overtime, the production employees are often forced to work 10 hour days, 7 days a week. Office employees routinely work 10 - 12 hour days. The work load they expect employees to complete is too high and burnout is inevitable. Turnover is pretty high and I don't think I can work for Amarr much longer. I would not recommend anyone apply for job here.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Overtime
heavy lifting and working environment
Loader/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 26, 2016
Amarr is a hard heavy lifting working environment we got to work out while we worked which is a plus because I am a physical worker I love to work out I really liked the people the people make the job in my opinion.
Pros
people and getting to work out while i work
Cons
working 7 days a week
Great place to work just not for me.
Credit Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 28, 2016
*Printing reports inputting a lot of numbers on a spreadsheet. Answering emails in a timing manner.

* I learned that attention to detail is key; working efficiently.

* My management team was one of the best I have ever worked with. Great atmosphere.

* The time spent sitting inputting numbers i'm more of a hands on worker. I enjoy working on a task which requires more movement. Things I feel I have more affect on.
Good job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 14, 2016
Easy job, as long as you worked hard and didn't mind long hours. If you did your job and like to learn more then your job you could advance. I made department lead in 5 months.
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
Long hours, Long weeks(6-7 days)
Company values productivity far more than employees
Bottom Seal (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 23, 2016
Working for Amarr, under ideal circumstances, is fine. If anything goes wrong, however, and it often does, the management's immediate response is mandatory overtime. We weren't informed about extra hours we would be required to work until the end of the previous shift, making it impossible to plan around, and overtime was so common that I assumed my shifts would be 10 hours even when things were running smoothly. Things frequently go wrong at Amarr, though, and management's immediate response is 12 hours shifts and working the weekends. I ended up leaving the job after having been forced to work 76+ hour weeks back to back for two months without a single day off. This is completely unmanageable, and takes a toll on the body and mind even if the work isn't normally taxing. I would advise anyone with any alternatives to stay far away from Amarr.
Pros
Decent starting pay (12.00/hr plus shift differential), lots of overtime pay.
Cons
Unhealthy amount of hours required, short breaks, very little additional break time during overtime shifts.
Health and fun work place.
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Right to work to be ahead of the game, I learned a lot about garage doors than I have ever thought. My co-workers are great team players, the hardest part of the job is when we are short handed. But the most enjoyable part of the job are weekends off, paid vacation and perks when we meet are quota.
Pros
healthcare, 401K
Cons
short breaks, have too work through lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amarr Garage Doors. Our community is ready to answer.