Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews

not enjoyable work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 23, 2013
not at all a good place to work i learned how not to run a business
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime
Setup to fail
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2013
What they don't tell you is they have a 98% failure rate for their management program. They bring you on, put you with managers that have been relocated from other states and don't know the state laws and employment and make training very difficult. The expectations the company sets for you is unrealistic and sets you up to fail from the start.
Cons
Management makes it fun to come to work
Team Leader/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYAugust 3, 2013
I have working here for about 10yrs and i enjoy all my co- workers. The managers make you feel more like a family then beening your boss.
A normal place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 10, 2013
I found Amarr to be your standard production factory. The work was mainly simple and required repetitive tasks in an assembly fashion. Management was sometimes screwy, slow to respond to problems or direct the workforce. The hardest part probably would be fixing the machines that seemed to constantly mess up.
Pros
steady weekly pay, simple work
Cons
short breaks, short notice of demanded overtime
Nobody ever seemed excited to be at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 19, 2013
Spent a few hours in the office on a CAD system, then the rest of the day in the machine shop making parts.
Great!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 4, 2013
My work day started at 3:30 and ended at 12:00. I learned about what went into making garage doors and a lot of things about myself. The managers were the absolute best. They were fun and they were great teachers. My co-workers were my family. I was away from home but thanks to them I never thought about it. The hard part was leaving everyday. I loved working there. The most enjoyable part was just being there and working with my co-workers.
horrible!
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 9, 2013
I've worked for many companies and I can tell you that this place was BY FAR the worst company I've ever worked for. They don't give you raises, the benefits cover nothing, management is a complete and utter joke. Nothing about this company is good. Even the HR manager said the company moto is "Everyone is replaceable". If that doesn't speak volumes for a company I don't know what would. While working there my wife gave birth to our first child and had to have a C section. I called the day my son was born to say I will need 1 extra day off (only took 3 days off). When I came in I had a write up for missing a day..... I worked there for 6 months prior to this and never missed a day or even came to work late. So if you work in production, materials, or dock loading you know how the company is. You can't listen to reviews by the desk jockies at the company
Cons
being employed by this company
Could use
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 31, 2013
This company could use some work it is a place to go work if you just got out of prison or cant find anything else it so not somewhere to make into a long term job. The benefits and ppl suck!
very productive workplace and fun
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  orlando, flJanuary 14, 2013
very energentic, lots of work to get done, very productive workplace, learned alot about installing garage doors, cutting them, placing gllass windows in them also. great service and customers. the hardest part was probably unloading full trucks 50-80,000lbs of steel garage doors.
Pros
great customer service, great rewards
Cons
was not really any
Fun fast paced atmosphere
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 12, 2012
Work in various positions on production for manufacturing of garage doors of various sizes and colors.
Amarr Review
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 17, 2012
-There is always something knew and technically challenging going on.
-Learned manufacturing engineering fundamentals.
-The people I worked with were great to work with. They were always willing to help and willing to listen to knew ideas.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Retail Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 2, 2012
Enjoyed the call center atmosphere. Was able to advance quickly and it showed that this company recognized the value of its employees and the hard working potential they have.
Enjoyed all aspects of my daily duties, fellow employees and management.
Production
Materials Receiver/Trainer/Cross-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 28, 2012
Amarr is a steady job, but the management seems to be flying by the seat of their pants. They have no clear goals and change procedures and benefits regularly. They want the most bang for the cheapest buck. I did not appreciate being terminated for insubordination after refusing to lift, flip, and stack 100 lbs pallets overhead by myself. When I asked for help to flip the pallets I was continuously refusied it until I simply refused, and was fired.