Amazing Care Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work - Loved going to work every day
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2019
Management truly cares about the employees. Staff works hard and is compensated accordingly. Middle management also looked out for the employee. Really loved my time there, sad to move and leave the company. Compensation was more than fair. The company did some fantastic training.
Pros
Great management
Cons
None that I can think of
Interesting place undergoing changes
Management (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 14, 2018
Either people come here and stay forever or leave pretty quickly. One has to learn who is who fast because some people have way more pull with the powers that be. At ACHHS they don't like change, but we have been through a lot, Managers and Directors coming and going, Seems like the best ones leave or are driven out. They definitely play favorites here and there are certain egos that must be stroked. We finally got a real Educator and Director (who didn't play favorites and cared enough to do a staff survey) but they didn't stay for some reason. Most of the time we aren't told when people come or go, or why, you either miss someone, an office is empty or you somehow eventually find out by gossip.
The office environment is very cliquey and not at all welcoming and friendly. There is a ton of gossip, sometimes pretty vicious, going on behind peoples' backs. Finger pointing too, rather than taking responsibility for honest mistakes. Some of the emails are downright mean. They nasty email each other rather than talk directly, like adults.
If you want any feedback about how you are doing you have to ask because supervisors don't do new hire performance evals and often our annual evals are late. But if you don't hear anything it isn't necessarily because people aren't criticizing you. And someone can be let go without ever having been given the knowledge they were screwing up nor the opportunity to fix something. It makes you feel like you have a target on your back all the time esp. when you see someone get canned who never even knew they were messing up.
It really is hard to
  more... get excited about going in to work everyday. Everyone is expected to work whenever they are needed, yes even on weekends if a family is in crisis, but we don't get time off back to go to the doctor or to our kids' meetings/appts, esp. the salaried folks. So there really is no work/life balance.
The visit nursing field staff (RNs, LPNs, CNAs) are the worst paid in the state and they get no mileage and they work super hard. They only get one week of PTO a year. Someone has made lot's of money off of their backs.
The company recently announced that it has sold but that everything is staying the same, that's too bad.Some of us were looking forward to a change in the culture and philosophy.
I really do like the patients and some of my coworkers, and no place is ever perfect. But it's just a job, not my life.
Benefits
Cons
Negative work culture
Poor support with upper management
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 17, 2018
The process that people are oriented to new positions is very poor. There is an overall inconsistent trend with training and the process that is expected to learn throughout the agency. Each office follows different process as well as expectations. You will be told you dont do the job correctly, but are taught many differences to review documentation that not all directors/managers/supervisors agree.
This agency lacks process that remains consistent from supervisor to supervisor. You have to create your own process to learn duties to be efficient. You are expected to know what you need to learn your job, and if you dont, you will be told that you can not perform the job as expected, and within , by 90 days.
Home Health Care as a rule is a long process to learn, it's not for everyone. Being in a new role, you need support and consistency with your training. The expectation to learn a new role in less than 90 days is very unrealistic. The management and payroll dept seems a bit over stretched and are expected to do what 2 or 3 people should be doing to perform accurate and consistent workflow. This agency looks very different throughout the state, at various offices.
Some nurses see over 15 people a day, quaility in care lacks, documentation is sloppy, frequent rehospitalizations for infections, these could be avoided if nurses that take the time to asess clients. Thete is a pattern in delay for review in documentation for managers, due to poor process and expectation of staff. The same rules do not apply to everyone.
Director was out of the office about 25 to 30% of
  more... the time during my time there.
This atmosphere resembled" high school "with clicks and "best friends ", attitude with gossip that was very unprofessional. I dont feel that they put clients or their nurses first. They care about themselves, is the bottom line... $$$.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
Uppper Management, Directors. Poor process, inconsistent work place and expectations unrealistic
Great place to work!!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 9, 2018
I have been with Amazing Care for over 2 years now and cannot say enough good things about this agency. There is a real emphasis on doing the right thing by patients and staff members. The agency is large enough to be organized by department with each person being able to take ownership for his/her role; yet it's privately-owned and doesn't have the "corporate feel." This is so important in our industry to ensure that the individual needs of the patients and staff members don't get lost in the "politics" of corporate organizations. Not only do I love working here, but I also trust the agency with the home care needs of my own family.
Pros
Management is very approachable and collaborative
Cons
can't think of any
Love this job
Admissions/SOC Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 22, 2018
If I was not moving, I would never leave this company!! I honestly have nothing but good things to say about the quality of employment here! Every one on staff is more than helpful and appreciative of the work done. You WILL feel like family here! And Congrats to whoever gets hired here, you found your forever place.
Formerly an Amazing place to work.
Admission Nurse Home Health. (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2018
Multiple changes occurring and previous director is stepping down. Not a positive environment as of late. Many very good employees resigning. Negative feeling.
Pros
Salary. Or was.
Cons
lack of leadership and education provided.
Horrible upper management
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2018
This company has overall horrible employee interactions. They do not trust anyone besides their chosen 3 in management. They do not have adequate policy and procedures nor are they willing to learn or explore those ideas. There is an immediate cut throat approach when an employee brings to a managers attention an issue. No communication between staff and patients or employee to employee. They make you feel inadequate as a person let alone a professional. No respect for their employees. This company does not follow state OR federal regulations. The worst part is when they don't want to hear something they will say, " well that isn't the amazing care way". I feel as if I was terminated for being a whistle blower.
Pros
Cons
Every part of this company is a con to work for.
Sometime fun working there
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LANovember 4, 2017
Getting alone with other worker or the person you work with by making them happy to work with or spend time with the one you work within. And getting alone with the one's at the office.
Pros
Free Snakes at the Mettimg
Great Place to work for !
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora OfficeApril 26, 2017
I have worked for Amazing Care for 12 years and hopefully until I retire ! I can truly say it is a wonderful place to work for !!! Our C.E.O very nice and generous to all of his employee's and understanding to all of our needs . We have the Best D.O.N. at Amazing Care , She is a strong Leader and caring person without a doubt ! I respect & admire her . We are truly a family here. Fabulous place to work for !
Pros
Everything is Pros ! There is no Cons !
Cons
High nursing standards are maintained, good support from DON and CEO
Private Duty Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
The Private Duty Nurse department specifically has a great reputation and is continuing to grow as fast as we can manage it. We have a waiting list for joining the company and receiving our services at this time. We take the time and make an effort to assure there is a good fit between family and skilled nurses who will be working in the patients' homes.
Pros
Employees receive a Christmas bonus, 401K is available, good health insurance coverage is offered, nurses are appreciated and treated well, nurses train for their specific position as long as necessary, we pay overtime, "full time" is just 30 hours per week.
Great client centered company
Clinical Educator and Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
Amazing care is just that: Amazing. I truly enjoy working for this company. It is a great team atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help each other and work together with the focus being client centered. It is so refreshing to work for a company that is all about the client. I am so thankful that 5 years ago, I found this company to work for, and have no plans to go anywhere else.
Pros
team work
Great Place to work!!!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
I have worked for Amazing Care for almost 10years. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about not only this company but the employees I work with. I plan to work here until I retire.
Benefits
Cons
Na
Dedicated To Building A Great Work Environment
CEO (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 17, 2016
After working for one of the largest home health providers in the country I decided to start my own company with the focus on putting our employees and clients first. At Amazing Care we do not micro manage our employees rather we give them the training and tools they need to be successful. We have one of the lowest attrition rates in the industry. Our Director of clinical Services has been with us over 12 years and counting. There are many examples of employees who have worked for us 10 plus years. Amazing Care is not just a place of work, but rather a place to thrive and show off your skills. I am told quite often from my employees that Amazing Care will be the last place they work until they retire. As the owner and CEO of Amazing Care I make you a promise that I will work hard every day to make Amazing Care the best possible place to work. Come join our team at one of our 4 locations!
Pros
Fun People, Great Atmosphere, Outstanding Pay, Christmas Bonuses, Field Staff Receive PTO
Cons
Currently Only Located in Colorado
Great Place To Work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 17, 2016
Amazing Care has and continues to be a great place to work. People truly care about each other here, which creates a more family feeling environment to work in. We operate as a team, going above and beyond to make sure that the task at hand is completed. When “life situations” happens the management is very understanding and supportive with the employees.
Pros
Paid Time Off- Holidays
Cons
Na
Relaxed, supportive environment
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2016
I really enjoy the flexibility and relaxed atmosphere provided by management. Overall, I feel the team is very cohesive. I have experienced such great input from other team members as I have taken on new projects and as I learn new skills. I have had the opportunity to have wonderful mentoring from the DCS and from HR, which has greatly assisted me in succeeding in my position. Its been wonderful to have their input and desire to help me to improve.
Pros
Allowed to combine breaks and lunch to equal a one hour lunch time
Cons
I'm unable to think of a con or negative
Not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 9, 2016
Poor management. There's only 1 person in HR and she thinks she holds the key to you keeping your job. This company acts like they are best friends. If you don't fit in their "clique" they make sure you know it. It's like you're in high school again.You feel like you're walking on eggshells. People to tell you to be careful with certain employees and turns out it's them you need to watch out for. The "clique" go out to lunch and take longer than an hour, especially if they go out with the Director of Nursing. They take advantage of it.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazing Care Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Amazing Care Home Health Care Reviews by Location