Amazing Lash Studio Employee Reviews

If you’re passionate about lashes, DO NOT APPLY.
Lash stylist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
I highly HIGHLY recommend you do NOT apply. You’ll be working 12 hours days with clients back to back and you only get ONE break. Not only is the entire energy and environment completely unprofessional, but very hateful. I personally don’t mind a competitive environment BUT the culture created is one that isn’t very welcoming to newcomers. At the beginning, you’re given 2 hours to complete a FULL set. Reality, they’ll come into your room about 1 hour and 20 minutes in and tell you, it’s time to wrap it up. You’re given an hour to complete a refill, but if the client comes in needing a full set and you only have time for a refill, they expect you to have 90% of the lashes done. Which is just completely unrealistic and unfair, especially for someone starting out. You also have to sign a non-compete which keeps you from working for another lash place if they decide they don’t want you. Training is 2 full time weeks and you’re only given a measly 300 dollar bonus on your first check. So you’re only looking at something around $400 every check, which for a beauty professional is a slap in the face! Many of the girls either had a second job or were in the process of getting a second job, which I had to keep my original job because it wasn’t enough. DESPITE getting decent hours or not. The turn over rate is absolutely insane because of the treatment of the stylists. So, please, if you are passionate about lashing, freelance! Or find another studio!
Pros
Free lashes
Cons
Too many to list
Worst job ive ever had.
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 17, 2018
Thinking about working at amazing lash studio? Dont. Managment treats you like absolute garbage and only cares about money and help reviews. I worked 11 hour shifts 5 days a week to be told that I wasnt good enough because none of my clients wrote Yelp reviews about me. I have nothing good to say about this place. They will use you and try to get a much information about your personal life as they can so they can hold it against you and your advancement in the job. Oh and also, the products are low end and dont stay on at all. Front desk treats you like actual trash and talks behind your back whenever they dont like something about you. I've lost so much money because the front desk messed up my schedule countless times. They're careless and dont care about the stylists st all. Find a better place to do lashes, because this place will tear you down and think you're worth nothing. (:
Pros
Absolutely nothing!
Cons
Everything you can possible think of!!
Fun place to work at
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 29, 2018
I love working at the current Amazing Lash Studio - Grand Parkway Market Place. All the girls who work here are sweet and easy to work with. Management is very caring of their employees as well, I always found it hard to find a job with a manager who actually cares for their employees. Start pay is great as well!
Pros
Discount on lashes, work around your schedule.
Cons
Short breaks.
do not waste your time working here!
Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXMay 15, 2018
You would think that a big company such as Amazing Lash would be more organized, a great job to work at with many benefits but it’s the total opposite of that. Very poor management, snobby coworkers, poor pay, just awful!
Pros
free lashes
Cons
no breaks, poor pay
not the best place
Lash Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 12, 2018
I f you are looking for a great place to work, do not work here, the place is very unorganized , and no one knows how to be proactive, or work together as a team.
Fun place to work
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 2, 2018
Amazing Lash Studio is great place and environment to work at. The manager is very nice and understanding of more training and solutions to make work a better place for clients and workers.
Pros
Free lashes
Cons
Can't really move up
Culture non existent and poor pay
Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baytown,TexasApril 23, 2018
The job itself offers joy meeting customers needs and building rapport and relationships with them are fun. However that is about all you gain from this job. The high turnover rate was solely based on not getting hours even though you may have the highest sales and closing percentage they have 110 hours per pay period they’re allowed to give amongst front desk and the lead consultant. No room for growth . The pay is low. 8.50 is starting salary but you are only eligible for a quarter raise every 3 months but you never get I‎t . Save yourself the headache go somewhere they value you. Hear you’re expendable to them .
Pros
Free lashes
Cons
Pay, no consistent hours, poorly managed
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida Avenue Heights, FLApril 21, 2018
Product is poor quality, franchiser is greedy, inconsiderate and incompetent. Horrible, terrible, run away. Lashes fall too soon - rarely do they stay for 2-4 weeks. Glue was proven to have bad chemicals. Management is horrible. They try to sell memberships and even when lashes are bad and falling refuse to cancel and refund. Worst business you can imagine. RUN AWAY.
Pros
Cons
Bad product, bad customer service, bad management, bad franchise.
Run from this place
LS (Former Employee) –  Los Olivos, CAApril 18, 2018
You can tell how a place is ran when only 4 out if the 15 that work there has been there for more then 4 months. The worst is how they treat the clients. Just try to let them know you had a bad experience.
Pros
Cheep lashes
Cons
Management can't make things better. They aren't really running anything.
Typical Franchise
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 16, 2018
Typical franchise. You never know what you're going to get because owners and management are different nationwide. This location had an awesome manager who left, but the owners were not great. Pay was low for what we had to do/deal with, especially, but low in general, as well. No benefits or paid time off. Would talk badly about their employees. Super cheap. It was an ok temporary job, but not long term. The clients were absolutely insane and the owners would allow them to scream and throw things in the studio at front desk, as long as they came back and spent more money.
Pros
Free lashes, great girls working there
Cons
No benefits, low pay, bad clients, bad owners
great if you don't have bills
Eyelash Extension Consultant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLApril 10, 2018
Each studio is has an entirely different atmosphere, completely dependent on the management. Used to be an open and positive environment to work in, the hours made up for the lack of pay. New management changes everything though. Poor communication between management and team. However still love the clients and tasks.
Pros
free lashes
Cons
no healthcare, no direct deposit
Not a friendly place
Lash Artist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 6, 2018
For the hours of work, the pay was very low! Not a good place to work at all.
The salary on indeed is very misleading!
They do not do a good job at making employees feel welcomed and they rush them through training and have no patience with them at all.
never again
lash artist (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 6, 2018
In my experience amazing lash studio was unclean and had horrible manegement. The employees were paid unfairly. multipule people were fires because they had an emergency and couldnt come into work.
Pros
none.
Cons
all.
Terrible
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 5, 2018
The whole company is a scam, how they make people sign up for the membership, yet don't allow them to use their points and such because that is the "managers own money". Guest are always yelling at you for something you didn't do, when your manager can't give them a call back for their mistake.
Worst management
Cashier/ Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 4, 2018
Worst place to work at. $8.50 a hour and they expect you to go above and beyond for them. They state that it’s 10% commission but you only see 5%. A joke of a “Job”. They will tell you that you are eligible for a raise every 3 months but you will never see that raise.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, hours are bad
Never work here
Lash consultant (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXApril 4, 2018
I do not suggest ever stepping foot in amazing lash alliance town center regardless if you’re a new employee or a customer. As an employee they played favorites and we’re disrespectful if you did not agree with something that they had said or do. They only care about their customers and they will never have the backs of their employees. I understand that it is membership-based and that’s how we all get paid but nevertheless we are the people that can help bring in new customers and clients and if you disrespect us And treat us like children there’s no point in wasting your time.
Pros
Free lashes
Cons
Rude management, dysfunctional employees, favoritism
Sucks!!l Don’t waste your time
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2018
Great concept but terrible concept if that makes sense. The lashing is based on time and there are really people who complete a classic set in an hour and 10 minutes (impossible)! Because if that, I think the effort put in to make a great set isn’t done because time is more important. You work behind people who don’t do good jobs! And then you get blamed for the mishap. Lash health is unimportant which makes no sense because a good set of lashes is based highly on the persons natural lashes. Some of th guests should not be getting the service as their lashes are not healthy or up to par. I won’t get on management, let’s just say lots of drama with nothing but women. And front desk! 2 of the ladies are amazing, the rest are just entertainment. Overall this place sucks. Don’t waste your time unless you don’t care what you’re doing to someone’s eyes
Pros
Training / Experience
Cons
Everything else
Only care about clients
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
I worked at ALS for about a year. They really only cater to clients. It does not matter if you are sick they still won’t let you call out without guilting you about your numbers, or about money. There are no benefits regardless if you’re full time or not. You are allowed one sick day per month so good luck if you catch the flu. They comp services a lot or give out free services even though you get commission off of them.
Pros
Free Lashes
The studio I worked for had a few management issues but once they hired the right people it was a really pleasant place to work
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 15, 2018
This is a great start to a career as a lash stylist. The training was good from their in house trainers. It’s cute and clean there. There was a lot of support from your peers and staff.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay, back to back clients..... great for experience but back breaking...
The unproffesionalism is unreal...
Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 4, 2018
Never in my 4+ years of work experience have I ever had to deal with the amount of consistent pettiness and favoritism as I have working here. Every week is a new drama filled catastrophe. Need to get in touch with the manager? Good luck, they don't like confrontation. Our meetings aren't consistent and when we do have them its the same stuff talked about every time. Nothing gets done, nothing changes and when you're hired and they tell you full time DON'T believe them. I went from having consistent 30 hour work weeks to being lucky if I got a full 6 hour shift. The only positive is having the clients come in and know all of this, but even knowing they still consistently come back because they have they're go to stylist or refuse to give up their lashes and in my book, when you work customer service and the clients are happy then so be it. I've learned not to open my mouth when I'm there because with our group of employees anything you say can and will be blown out of proportion. If there was no favorites and management was consistent with punishment and write-ups and such, they would be 10x more successful.
Pros
Unproffesional, Caddy, Drama, Favoritism from Management
Cons
Sometimes theres free food if we have meetings, you get lashes for free if you actually want them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazing Lash Studio. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight