Amazing Lash Studio Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Walking in no equipment to work with dirty room dirty bathrooms trash everywhere manager not caring customer files not available customers information available no equipment for your rooms the thing online dating
Amazing workplace
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Overall, a very nice place to work. Very low stress environment. Everyone is very respectful and work well as a team and independently. There was never a bad day there.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No healthcare coverage
Fast or slow paced, no in-between
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Due to the schedule of the estetichians being on top of one another it was either very fast paced at one time or slow paced, there was never a neutral time where there were just a few customers. They were always one on top of the other causing employees at the front desk to rush through transactions.
Pros
free lashes
Cons
No lunch breaks
Unless you like false promises, RUN
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 18, 2018
If you work here you will never EVER receive raises or bonuses that were promised to you. They post job ads for stylists saying you’ll make WAY more than you actually do, and it is so overinflated because they are running out of stylists (all of them leave) and they want to lock you into a contract. With this contract, you are either stuck working for them or you can’t do lashes anywhere near their salons (which is basically all of the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area.) The turnover at the studios in this area is constant. In my time of working there (which was just 4 months), 9 out of 12 stylists left and 2 of the remaining had just started within the past 2 months. The owner and management is so unorganized that working there is an absolute nightmare. RUN
Cons
Low pay, terrible management
long hours overworked
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ frank lloyd wrightSeptember 17, 2018
The Training is good long through two weeks once you are done with training you are on the books back to back no breaks in between only your 30 min break for 12-hour shift. ALS provides no recovery time for their artist to use the restroom or stretch out neck hands or back. if you are a highly requested artist you can kiss breaks bye bye, being booked 6-7 clients back to back. Example: if the client paid for one hour service you have to perform, hold a consultation and check client out and if you need to use the restroom all within that time frame; so you end up suffering from body pain, no bathroom break or cheat your client in their paid time. This is great for the numbers of the studio and you get great Lash experience! also become a pro at speed lashing within less than 6 months...but at what cost ... your body takes a major toll Massage therapy and adjustments needed too often, an even high chance of carpal tunnel; and for some lash artist quality of lashing can suffer too. ALS is all about quanity over quality . Hence the reason so many franchises pop up all over any and whoever can own one without any knowledge of quality care and management of their employees.
Pros
pick up lashing skill fast, lots of experience with lash scenarios
Cons
poor time managment, overworked, provide no care for artist
Fun place to work
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2018
Enjoyed management and co workers!
They work with you during times of need. Management is very reliable, friendly and amazing. Would recommend it to anyone .
It’s an okay company
Lash Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2018
It’s an okay company , Not a lot of motivation, didn’t really about employees needs more so their business needs first. Nice some days others not.......
Low pay and no growth room
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Pay is low, especially after they discontinued commission. Difficult to get time off. Employees not held accountable. Poor ownership and management. No HR to confide in. Not much room for growth. Use it as a place to get experience and a clientele and then move on to your own thing.
Your average franchise.
Stylist, Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2018
It was okay...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ShenandoahAugust 16, 2018
Other locations will be different, but at my location it was extremely busy. Never felt like I got paid enough to do my job, and there isn’t much room for advancement unless you become a lash stylist which requires a cosmetology license. Some of the prices were very questionable to customers, and we had a hard time explaining certain services. When I first started I couldn’t handle people yelling and fussing at me over the phone but with time I just got use to it. Which isn’t okay. Competitive work environment to sell memberships and products because we made commission off of them. Enjoyed my coworkers, but that’s about it.
Pros
Bonus Commission
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, upset/mad customers, busy environment, no room for growth/raise
Fun environment, competitive compensation for sales
Lash Stylist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CaAugust 12, 2018
Amazing Lash studio provides 40 hours of training to all their stylists, and 10 models are required before lashing on guests in the studio. The owners truly care about all their employees. Time off is easily granted, and not criticized. Training is ongoing as on site trainers are always there to help if you have any questions. Which as a new stylist makes you feel supported, and confident. The pay is average, but gratuities are great. It can get busy, but most days your only scheduled 6 hours a day. Advancement is expected, and easily attained. You can become a master stylist within 6 months. Quarterly bonuses are great, as long as you sell aftercare products to your guests. Overall a great place to start out. No worries about finding clients, as they are an established company so they find you.
Pros
bonuses, supportive atmosphere
Cons
short breaks between each guest
Great First Job
Lash Stylist (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 9, 2018
This is my first real job out of cosmetology school and I didn’t know what to expect or how to handle myself with customers and in a work setting.

The owner and lead lash Cosmetologist where very patient and helpful in showing me how to lash and treat customers to maximize my tips.
Pros
Everyone was very helpful when i first started
Cons
It took a month before i started getting good tips
Good Job Nice Management
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2018

Pros
Everyone was very helpful when i first started
Cons
It took a month before i started getting good tips
Good Stylist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 6, 2018
Has wonderful stylist but terrible management. The lashes come out beautiful!! DEPENDING on who you’re put with. Front desk stuggles with communication skills.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
the people
Helped me gain new skills
Lash Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 31, 2018
I love working for Amazing Lash Studio. As a Lash Consultant, there are many duties and skills required to provide excellent customer service. Working for this company has definitely polished my customer service skills.
Run
Lash Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
I came from a serving job and I wanted some front desk experience. Yes I was taking the risk of getting paid less, but I’m a college student and my bills are small and even in that I STILL CANNOT PAY MY SMALL BILLS WITH ONLY 9 HOURS A WEEK. the employees were fine,but I basically had manger like duties and getting paid far less then what these duties asked of me. My location didn’t have a standing studio director and we shared one with a different location, so when she left it was up to me and whoever worked front desk that day to solve manager like issues among ourselves and it was a madhouse since most issues were where a manager place and I was just a front desk lash consultant. My location also doesn’t care about safety since they would leave me alone at night by myself to close with a register full of money and deranged people to fend off at night. It’s terrible and I want to go back and serve tables.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No money, no appreciation, no manager, working for scraps
Mediocre Lash Studio
Lash Extension Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
Poorly managed, the product is subpar and if you don't have experience beforehand don't expect to be given proper training. It might have just been with my particular location but I was very displeased with how an employee is basically set up to fail. Pay wasn't great but tips were good.
Cons
No training, poor management
Horrible Place to Work
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2018
Horrific management who obviously did not want to do their job and would leave while on the clock to grab lunch or get their nails done. Front desk created a HOSTILE work environment and would punish stylists for having to do their job. Would throw clip boards, make work more difficult and many suspected were stealing their tips. Owner does NOT care about the well being of either the stylists nor the well being of the business. She took away commission of the stylists and when minimum wage went up, wanted to use stylist's tip money to cover the hourly cost.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, hostile work environment, poor pay
Decent place to start at after school
Lash stylist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Horrible management! Horrible front desk coordination. The managers do not care to say hello to you or work with any type of scheduling issue you may have. I would go days fully booked, all day, without any breaks until the end of day. Every single girl I started with got fired. They’re membership program is a rip off and I would never want to work for such a company again nor would I recommend anyone I know to amazing lash.
Pros
Free extensions
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Enjoyable
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJune 27, 2018
The owners try hard to be fair and try and treat everyone with respect. It’s a good job if you enjoy beauty and lashes it’s a good place to work. There is some drama but overall most everyone is happy.
Pros
Cons
Some drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazing Lash Studio. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight