Amazing Lash Studio Employee Reviews

Loved my coworkers, like family
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 10, 2018
Days got really slow i would drive an hour to get to work just to find out i wasn't booked and sent home early or booked "free models" who didn't buy product or tip. Who would want to it's a free service. I learned how to apply lashes. Management was unorganized and very immature and catty. There was so much drama like in high school. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending that time with my clients.
Dysfunctional, money hungry, and unappreciative.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 6, 2018
I’ve had many jobs, worked in many industries, and never have I seen management so dysfunctional, money hungry, and unappreciative of their employees.
Pros
Friends made through some coworkers and clients.
Cons
Refer to Review Summary.
Would not recommend
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 4, 2018
It varies at every location..
But without a doubt wouldn't recommend.
Work life consists of constantly
-Being on feet for a receptionist job for hours on end without a break
-Customers disrespecting you and management does not care.
-No communication between staff and management
-Drama amongst lash techs and management
-Both management and staff gossip about one another with the other staff members
-Management lies consistently to employees

The culture of the workplace is honestly the most irritable and disturbing. Although the job is simple, the staff and management just add more strain to your position. Get ready for all errors that happen to be blamed at you for no reason at all and nothing but mass group texts to "keep order" of the business. Do not go out of your way to assist anyone at this establishment they are completely UNPROFESSIONAL.
Cons
no break, standing long hours, no communication, taking advantage of, gossiping co-workers
A wonderful place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2018
While Amazing Lash Studio is fast paced, it's also a relaxing place to work. The owner takes care of the clients, but she also takes great care of the staff. She cares about her employees and wants them to feel appreciated. If a client has a problem, the owner makes sure to fix it, without blaming a staff member. The owners are genuine people who are passionate about their business. Overall 10/10 place to work.
Pros
Relaxing, fast paced, fun and owners take care of you
Als
Eyelash Stylist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 28, 2018
Amazing lash studio provides training for all of their implies so we can all learn how to work the same and have the same technique and experience for all of our clients
Valencia
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 25, 2018
Horrible owners. The owners have an awful work ethic and fire everyone. They treat their clients and staff with little respect and be sure to never get on the owners bad side or say bye. Quick to judge and they’d rather save money for their own pocket then invest in training their technicians properly. Stay clear of this dark hole.
Pros
Discount on lashes
Cons
Everything else
decent money, horrible environment
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 13, 2018
we never had the supplies needed to do services that clients were paying for. there was always something missing, we only made commission, which was fine, but sometimes our checks would not reflect the orrect amounnt earned and took weeks to get corrected.
Cons
no healthcare
Not for beginners
Lash stylist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioNovember 9, 2018
This job is fit for those who already have experience in lash extensions, they offer training but expect after 2 weeks for employees to perform at an experience level.

They will let you go very easily during the process if you aren't learning fast enough

Also half of the training is not paid you're volunteering your time. The manager will find any excuse if she feels like you're not fit to let you go, it can happen at any moment during the training.

They dispose people as fast as they replaced. Even once you make it through the training you'll still be at risk to be pulled off the floor & replaced
Pros
Works with scheduling
Cons
Poor management, lack of training
Not structured enough
Studio Director (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2018
Great idea and the company is moving in the right direction; however, currently there is so much freedom and everything is very wishy washy that most studios end up doing whatever they want and no one steps in to correct anything. This company has a lot of maturing to do.
Pros
free employee membership
Cons
inconsistent
New franchise
Regional Operations Trainer & Studio Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 30, 2018
I came into this company as a manager in training, Moved into studio director and regional operations trainer with n a year. It was a great experience and I had a great time running my studio and helping open other studios.
Good for anyone going into the beauty industry
Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
Learned significant skills in sales, especially for a membership based program. Learning to deal with different kinds of people, including clients and co workers. Helped to adapt to always changing protocol, common within the industry.
Pros
Free Lash Extensions
Cons
Management, Petty Co workers (also common in the industry), almost impossible to advance at a front desk position.
theres not actually a bonus like advertised
Lash Stylist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 11, 2018
the training is great but no certification is given to you. you have to watch your paycheck insanely close because money is likely to go missing or your commission will never be what it should be.
Pros
discounted lashes
Cons
you will never have time to get them done
Wonderful workplace
Lead Lash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 8, 2018
I worked at the Amazing Lash for about 10 months before moving and I loved it. The manager was always awesome, I loved all the girls there and never had any issues if I needed to switch shifts or have a day off. There was a bit of a downfall with the high turnover at the beginning but that got a lot better after we got a whole new staff.
Pros
Commission, breaks, management
Cons
High turnover sometimes
One is the worse experience I have ever had to go through
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 8, 2018
I was not told till after I was hired that I would be working 60 hours and the owners have no idea what they are doing this job was a joke and I got out as fast as I got in !
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about the company was not good
amazing team
Lash Stylist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 1, 2018
paid training, hourly pay plus retail bonus and daily tips.
every appointment is timed. There are stylist levels every level pays more. Moving up requires you to shorten your appointment times to fit in more clientele. The team here is amazing! management is very supportive and holds team meetings once per month to keep stylist and lcs in the know of how we are doing for the month.
Fun, stress free place.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLOctober 1, 2018
Great place to work, management is very organized and professional.
Very laid back, quiet and soothing. Workers are very nice and polite and help whenever they can.
Went from amazing to heartbreaking.
Studio Director (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 30, 2018
I worked 24/7 and I think the owners thought it was easier than it was. Nothing seemed good enough and I think they lacked integrity when they let me go (something I thought they had). I had some of the best numbers in the district and a great team, but for some reason, they said they were moving in a different direction. No 30 day notice, no warnings and I was never on corrective action. Basically, they wanted all my loyalty, but didn't give it back to me....I worked for them for 2 years. I understand that it is a "at-will" employment, but they broke my heart. So disappointing because I had so much respect for the owners, well 2 of them at least.

Find a company that has some decency in this wicked world.
Pros
Employees were fun.
Cons
Work/Life balance. NO benefits. No training/developing for managers.
Unorganized
Eyelash Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 30, 2018
Lack in organization and communication was frustrating. Lack of management involvement in important issues like restocking and dealing with costumer complaints was constant.
Pros
Learned so much about eyelashes and the healthcare of them
Cons
Unbalanced
Super low pay.. even Walmart employees make more
Lash Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 28, 2018
45,000 a year is such a lie. More like 19,000. Barely above minimum wage. How am I supposed to live on that and pay my ridiculous student loans and take care of my kids. It’s just not fair how stylists and estheticians are paid such low wages. We do so much stressful work and get soooo little in return. Why don’t you show you appreciate your employees more Amazing Lash Studio???
Pros
Nice manager
Cons
Pay, back pain, hands and eye strain
Poor Management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Walking in no equipment to work with dirty room dirty bathrooms trash everywhere manager not caring customer files not available customers information available no equipment for your rooms the thing online dating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazing Lash Studio. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight