Amazon Flex

Amazon Flex Employee Reviews

United States1,941 reviews

Found 1,941 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,384 reviews
blockflexapppackageroutedeliverdeliverydriver

Nice company to work with

Had fun working for flex. Lot of opportunities for advancement if you want. You will work hard for the money. Lot of VtOs are offered when no work. Paid time off and vacation hours are okay.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Short breaks

Amazon warehouse staff is disrespectful

Not much blocks available unless you spend most of the day on the app. Warehouse staff is pretty rude and have no patience with new people learning the job. I’ve seen a few Amazon warehouse employees disrespect flex drivers as well as myself. When you get to the warehouses there is NOT always staff out there guiding you as they should causing you to miss your block. If you take initiative to start scanning packages when the warehouse is empty that’s when staff comes out yelling at you, instead of them coming out when you have been waiting. I recommend this for anyone who just needs a little extra income, however it’s not stable

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Amazon warehouse staff is rude and lazy

Amazon Flex insights

Based on 2,845 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Amazon Flex

It’s honestly not worth the baby money you make. Lots of wear and tear on your car. It takes way longer than the time allowed to complete your deliveries.

The scheduling makes enemies out of co-workers.

Don't seek employment with any Amazon job that uses the A to Z app.What is it? You're essentially competing with your 'supposed' co-workers for limited shifts. In my jobs case, it's 21 shifts (3x a day, every day of the week). Less, that Leads automatically get 2 shifts. Four times a week they are posted once a day and you have literally less than 10 seconds to grab one. Not only are they overstaffed, but they let other employees from other locations have a shot at taking the shifts, adding to more competition.Sadly, Amazon is a let's say, 'safe space' and management handles any problems poorly, until it's too late and you're screwed. It's all about the Algorithms they're horrid. Do anything they don't like or don't get a shift for three weeks, and they'll terminate you. Like walking on eggshells and not having a secure schedule or job? Work here. It's a dead-end job unless you have a degree or can get into a different job at Amazon.

Pros

Amazon does pay above minimum.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, no guaranteed hours.

Okay

Managers favorited certain people and created personas for the mass. The work environment can be depressing at times because of how quiet it can be. Though it is not the any of the associates or managers to blame because the work stations are just very independent work.

Easy good pay

I work here 2yrs and it's been great, easy routes, very easy to use app and the pay is great .if you like delivery then this is the job for you. Better than food delivery

Fast Money but very stressful

As big as the company is you would assume they have more ethic but they don’t. They use your energy ,pay you fast money to keep you then ask you to pay most of it back by tax season. The company hires new employees to forget about the major problems. It’s not worth the hustle plus your destroying your property and risking your self to more danger for quick money.

Easy flexible job

It was easy and worked with my college classes. You are able to choose your own shifts, just make sure you show up or cancel within a 24-hour notice.

okay

I liked to flexible schedule and was able to choose my own hours which was nice for me as a student. But the work was boring and you did the same work over and over. High turnover rate.

independent and pays good

Great job or side hustle if you can get good paying blocks. Actually pays better than most jobs you make your own schedule and pays 2xs a week. But they dont value their employees safety in bad weather and they email you about everything they think or a customer says you did wrong. No incentives for doing a great job!

Slow but busy

The shifts tended to go by so slowly because of the repetitiveness and you weren't allowed to talk while working. The managers would keep a close eye on you if they saw you interacting with the other workers while on the floor and scold you if they caught you talking even if you were keeping up with all your tasks. It's an easy job but the turn-over rate is so high because it feels like you're doing chores in a prison.

very flexible part time shifts.

you can keep stacking your part time shifts all the way to full time if you want. Keep in mind you are being monitored. So if you do those extra hours, expect to keep moving fast the whole time to keep your rating up.

We don’t matter

This program is awful. There are no benefits and you never climb a corporate ladder. The company does not care about you and you are constantly accused of not delivering packages. You pay for your own gas and the wear and tear of your vehicle and when your car blows up that’s it. You’re on your own!

Don’t work here if you’re Fast paced

This job would’ve been good if the expectation wasn’t set so high that only a select few can achieve. The shift option was terrible only in the fact that I didn’t know as a new person I had to deliver everything that was in my truck. I had 2 days of flimsy training from a person that didn’t want to train. Within 4 days I was expected to deliver 160 pkgs with 104 stops, working between 1030am-830pm. They didn’t tell me that I would leave out till 11 and my areas of deliveries were 30-45 min away from the job site. Also they didn’t tell me the parking break nor the transmission issues were and issue. I found out while on the road and that was my last straw. I didn’t mind the heat. The van had air however the van never stay air conditioned due to it was programmed to turn off each time I went into park. Could I do the job? Absolutely. I felt like with more training I could’ve been great. A manager on site actually convinced me to quit because he told me it would only get worse. He kept it real with me. And I left. I have a family and those extra hours weren’t cutting it.

Love it

Personnel the work if I Amazon is because I make good pay and also I have good experience in the areas that I mostly go in give it a try No I can say is I have a good pay

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to getting buildings

Enjoy flexible

I set my own schedule, it can be a heavy load at time but overall I enjoy the flexibility. The pay can suck, I have seen a lot of base pay. I think pay should go up due to gas prices.

It’s a good self employment gig

It’s a work for yourself job once you’re approved to deliver, you get what you put into it plain and simple. The warehouse staff is not helpful with any delivery items and or helping you in the loading process so if you don’t expect their assistance with anything you’ll be fine

Pros

Work alone

Cons

Use to it own car

GIG WORKERS! This is a Fun place to work if you enjoy creating your own pay outs

The best thing about working for Amazon Flex is creating your own work schedule, and selecting work blocks of time that can accommodate your lifestyle. This is the perfect job opportunity for GIG Workers to help offset your gig works.

Pros

Pay Hours Shift and Availability

Cons

Areas to select from/ You are not paid for mapping in certain areas.

Repetitive

If you like repetive work then I guess this job wont be so bad for you. They track how many packages you scan per hour and you are expected to stay above a certain pace which is far too high imo.

Cheap pay, deliveries can be almost an hour away

Pay it’s terrible u have to really work twice a day for 6 days to really make money. They don’t pay for gas or compensate at all. Too much ware n tear in your personal vehicle.

Great place to work for

I just recently got promoted to transportation management and working at Amazon has been wonderful and there is plenty of room to be promoted if you put in the work you will be recognized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Amazon Flex with

Amazon Flex reviews by popular job title

• Amazon Flex
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?