Amazon Flex Employee Reviews

Able to choose when you want to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 19, 2019
Get singed in go to a station check in all your boxes, then set the GPS and deliver. You could have an easy day with few boxes or a longer day with a lot of boxes it all depends, you could be scheduled to work 4 hours and only work 2 and still get paid for all 4. All the employees are pretty nice and helpful.
Pros
Contract work
Cons
Hours not always available
A great part time job with flexible hours.
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAMay 18, 2019
Easy self reliant job. You choose to shifts and number of hours that you want to work. And work whenever you want. You are on your own for the entire shift. With no supervision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Use of own vehicle
Good money
Amazon Sortation Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMay 17, 2019
Nice co-workers good pay will lose weight. Great career opportunities. Free lunches and birthday parties. Overtime available. Free t-shirts to wear to work.
Pros
Good pay, lose weight
Work life balance
Delivery Driver Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAMay 17, 2019
I was contractor for Amazon Flex delivering packages to Amazon customers in my personal car.
When I first started it was terrible because they had me going into the very dense countryside where and their GPS system is garbage it leads you to the house to soon before you get there no signal in the countryside so I gotta bring up my Google maps mind all this is done on my phone so now I am using twice the battery to run two Apps and hope and pray my battery car charger will keep up with the demanding use of battery power if not I have to return packages.
Houses in the country dont have numbers on them only the mailbox so how are we to know whose house is whose call customer service and they are of no help so you are just left to figure it out for yourself or take the package back.
They gave us NO LOGO SIGNAGE FOR CAR OR PERSON they have those for sale on Amazon wth really so folk dont know who we are as riding by in a neighborhood slowly trying to find the right house I've had police called on me and been followed I quit due to my SAFETY oh and customers can view where you are on the Amazon map so that's another Safety concern and I was never told by any Amazon Employee that my GPS can be viewed by customers.
They should pay more after gas and other expenses some houses can be very far apart in the countryside.
On the other hand if you need fast money and willing to put a lot of miles on your car have at it.
Pros
Fast Money
Cons
Not Enough Pay
Decent place to work for someone with no Night life
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2019
Good job if you don’t mind driving 300-400 miles a night in all sorts of weather and it involves a lot of lifting. Money you make depends on if you go through a contractor or do it yourself.
I like driving and I'm good at it. It is what I have been doing for work for at least 20 years. So Amazon fits me perfect because you drive a lot
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 16, 2019
Since I have worked there I have been treated fairly. As long as you perform and follow job regulation then I feel you will be OK. You work 10 hours which gives you enough time to fulfil your duty which is to deliver every package or attempt to. The Amazon vans are nice for organizing your packages to complete your routes. They are easy to drive or handle. I like my job but that's because I always like driving. I used to drive around all the time for free so why not make money doing it delivering packages. It make sense for me.
Pros
It is a very easy job if you don't have a problem working and you not someone who complains.
Cons
Well you work in every kind of weather, rain, snow, heat it doesn't stop because packages have to be delivered. This means you will get wet, work in the cold and drive to places that are not always easy access.
Not worth it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 16, 2019
I have ran 4 routes in my van thinking I would get large routes nope. They use your gas making you drive far away and don’t have a package not be deliverable or else you have to drive back the the station. I provide a lot and they aren’t really providing much pay. I delivered 14 small packages the other day and drove 160 miles my van gets 18-20 hwy gas ate up all my profit might as well work for McDonald’s and save my van.
Pros
If you drive someone else car sure and someone else pays your gas hey it’s perfect.
Cons
You get used to do all the routes they don’t want.
productive and fun
Induction ; Small sort scanner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
Its a great place to work. Excels in facilitating group discussions. Builds strong relationship with others by tasks. Seeks new ideas and approaches. Provides continuous coaching.
Friendly and fun people with customer satisfaction set first.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2019
My time at the position was great, fast paced at times, slow at others, all depending on how many people are ordering things. Most of the time is spent helping delivery drivers who come in with their personal vehicles, tending to their problems and directing them in and out of the building with a freshly loaded car of packages. Sometimes it can be frustrating when dealing with some irate drivers, but the managers are always understanding and put our employees first, because customer satisfaction includes us as we are also customers of Amazon.
Pros
Lockers for storage, decent benefits, flexible schedules, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Environment always changing, very dusty.
Good money if you cab catch a shift
Amazon Fresh Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 14, 2019
You will lose your job if you can't get any shifts. They call it a voluntary termination, whatever that is. And during holidays it's almost impossible to sign up for shifts because as soon as they post they're gone.
Pros
Good money, awesome managers, and energetic
Cons
Shift drops, no benefits, no room to advance, no raises.
Good job.
Amazon Flex Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2019
I like this job. It's very flexible. They offer blocks of time to work. Sometimes you finish the block quickly and end up getting paid well for your time.
Pros
Finish early if you're good.
Cons
Not much advancement.
Not a great place for full time or even part time
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 11, 2019
This job is just so you can keep making payments on whatever it is you owe. Do not expect to make a good living from this. You don't get any benefits nor is the coverage good on their auto insurance. The customer support phone like treats you like dirt.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
No benefits at all you pay for everything
Loved it
Amazon Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 5, 2019
Great job easy relaxed they respected my religious beliefs the days I need off due to my religion they give it to me no questions asked I had all my paper work which makes it a lot easier
Amazon exploits Flex drivers for their own benefit
Amazon Flex Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2019
Let's start with the positive aspects of working as an Amazon Flex driver. During the holiday season you could be making a lot of money doing Amazon Flex as a side gig, you can land three to four routes per day during the holiday season. Once the busy season is over, it becomes a game of who has faster at accepting jobs in the app.

Aside from that, the Flex contractors are stuck with the worst routes. Amazon gives the close routes to the big contractors and leave the Flex drivers with the routes that are 20-40 miles away from the station. I worked the Sacramento station and 90% of the routes that were given to us were routes in the El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Rocklin and Granite Bay areas which are 30+ miles away from the station in West Sacramento. Driving 30+ miles is not bad until you have an undeliverable package and you are forced to drive all the way back to the station to return the package.

Speaking of packages, if a customer decides they want to report their package missing. Flex drivers blamed for the missing package 100% of the time. I hand deliver packages to the individual most of the time in order to avoid having missing packages and I would still get hit with packages reported missing.

I once picked up an open package at the station, noticed nothing was in the box, so I brought it to the attention of the actual Amazon employee at the station. They told me to deliver the empty package anyway. I let the Flex support know about the situation over the phone. A couple days later, I was blamed for the missing items in the package.

I would not recommend
  more... this gig to any honest person. If you take pride in your honesty, stay away, Amazon will make you feel like a thief.  less
Pros
Cons
You are expendable
Independent contractor
Independent contractor Amazon (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2019
Independent contractor use your own car gas wear and tear and they cut you off without any notice . You work with app that does not always work correctly
Pros
Cons
Use your own car pay for your own gas no perks and they say your not employee
Stay away
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2019
Job sucks! That’s all is needed to say about this company . Hired 1 day quit in the next three days after training. Company does not care about your life outside of their company
Pros
Company van
Cons
Poor management
Poor management WITH limit it future vision
Dilivery driver (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 1, 2019
I work with this company as delivery driver contract and what i saw it with all my sorry is Misty Why? The poor management special from distribution department who they send the offer to drivers is unprofessional for thecway and quantity orders can send for EACH driver and if you send them any suggestions they through it away like you write something and through it to trashed but what it let my writing this view because i saw some funny comment about how it great environment to work with it from my mind think these people is employee with Amazon and write a good to keep them job or some beneficiary drivers who grantee good daily offers .
Pros
Nothing except stress
Awful
Flex driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 30, 2019
They make you drive 75 miles just to get to your route starting point and about 200 miles round trip for a 4 hour route from rochester, ny to buffalo ny. Was horrible! After gas and tolls plus wear and tear not even $25 an hour leave you with a $10 per hour pay and that's before repairs and oil changes! Awful money!
Never again!!! 1 Month no breaks or lunchs!!
Driver/ Delivery (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2019
Worst place in my life Ive Ever worked at!! I normally do office work, So 1st physical job they knew this, they get mad @ u with no notice hours Cut 2 keep it short.
Pros
Alone all day
Cons
Overload trucks, UNPROFESSIONAL & Unreasonable Boss
Not Worth The Time
PACKAGE DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 27, 2019
Most 'blocks' available to be picked up are 3 hours long. The flat rate of pay for the time is EXTREMELY low unless the weather is bad and no one wants them. Then they may increase the rates. They DO NOT take into consideration, the time it takes to drive TO the facility nor do they take into consideration the drive time TO the delivery area which in my experience, is ridiculously far. Then of course you'll have to drive home when deliveries are completed. That, in my experience, is at least an hour. So for a 3 hour block, you actually drive about 5 hours and tolls are paid by you. Again, not worth the time
Pros
Choose your own block
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.