Amazon Flex Employee Reviews

Amazon flex customer support is awful
Driver(Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 8, 2018
I am always on time picking up my packages, always communicative with staff at pick up locations. When there are problems with packages and they don't scan I am instructed not to take them. I am given sometimes way too many packages for the time of my block but I still go over my block time. And I get an email where it states I'm not picking up my packages I will be terminated. Like wtf!!! I am always going above and beyond its my fault Amazon flex pick up locations are not organized (mostly DLA9).
Pros
Pay and hours are good
Cons
Customer service
Great Part time job with flexibility
Flex Driver (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 4, 2018
The program am is relatively new at this location and still needs some time to get going smoothly. The routes can be 30 + miles from New Castle, it’s important to capture your mileage while delivering. Securing blocks through the app is hit or miss and you never know where you’ll be delivering. The warehouse staff is pretty helpful. Overall the flexibility and pay twice per week make this a great opportunity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unknown routes until pickup, can take longer than designated time
Easy money
Flex driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsNovember 20, 2018
As a former USPS rural carrier where you don’t receive any benefits for about 4yrs and are treated like dogs, this is like heaven. Blocks can be a little tricky to grab but I get two 4 hours everyday and since I was used to running 200 packages and 800 people’s mail in 8-10 hours I can easily knock out the 40-80 packages they give me for 8 hours in 4-6 hours and still get 8 hrs pay! Don’t forget you get to write off miles at .53 easily pays more than gas and maintenance
Pros
Make your own schedule, get paid for the whole block even if you finish early
Cons
App sucks, no guarantee work, no benefits
Unorganized dont do it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2018
20 plus yrs of route work and Amazon is so far behind doing everything they can to make it slower and not efficient at all biggest problem I've noticed is Route Structure is terrible and GPS locating customers and to much back tracking on your route Rabbit is garbage and should only be needed for scanning and GPS only no photos and other nonsense all time killers apts and trailers GPS again junk delivery drivers have way to many packages to deliver Fed Ex and UPS makes more money and benefits and dont load there trucks DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY THAT DELIVERS FOR AMAZON
Pros
On your own
Cons
Unorganized to many stops and no benefits or enough pay
Very Unorganized!!!
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
Driving and delivering is not the problem. The problem starts at the warehouse. Package being unorganized and missing on the route. Instead of listing package as numbers (1-100) to start. They start with the block addresses. And when the rabbit fails, you have no clue what to deliver next or how many packages. If you are getting more than 100 packages its gonna take you more than 5 to 6 hours to deliver them. 90% of the time you are searching for packages. The correction needs to start in the warehouse!!! Sorry to say this but AI is gonna replace Management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Hit or miss schedule for flex drivers
Flex Driver (Current Employee) –  Milford, MADecember 2, 2018
My first week was great, I accepted offers each day of 2, 3 hour blocks averaging about 90 dollars each.
Getting paid twice a week is great.
My second week, there were hardly any offers available...the ones that came through were only for night deliveries at around 57 dollars per 3 hour block. Night time deliveries for half the rate...no thanks.
It appears that Amazon hires a fleet of white vans that take all the prime delivery blocks during the day leaving only those nighttime shifts available.
Could be a great job but it's not reliable enough, with their blocks, to depend on a set amount of delivery opportunities to ensure a steady income. Too bad.
Pros
Choose when you want to work
Cons
Not many blocks to choose from
Excellent part time job
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
Amazon Flex literally allows you to work your own hours. They will offer you "blocks" that range from 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and four hours. Your job is to drive to your assigned warehouse to load your car with packages and then deliver packages throughout the area you are given. Pay starts at $18 an hour and can go up to $25 an hour depending on how bad weather is or if it's a holiday.
Pros
Work whenever you want, pay increases depending on weather
Cons
Unreliable as a full time job, Customer service sucks, Use your own car
Bad job never do this job at all.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 25, 2018
Amazon flex first day on the job, 40 deliveries. They gave me time from 1:45 to 5:45 to get the deliveries done. I finish at 8:00pm they did not pay me for the hours over. You can only email issues about this situation no clear answer at all. This place is an joke do waste your time. Way nevered paid for the other hours. An person just email me an dumb response about we are a wear of the sistuation and work on it.
Stick with Uber/Lyft
Flex Driver (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 5, 2018
Don't even bother with Flex. You arrive for your scheduled block and it's like Black Friday. Everyone is competing for decent routes. Ambassadors and Flex drivers are arguing and threatening each other. I refused a route that had deliveries to Harleysville and West Chester on it. Those towns are over an hour away from each other. For $54?! No thanks. When I refused it the ambassador put me into the system as a refusal and told me to leave then pulled better routes out. Ridiculous. When I contacted support their reply was a joke. They basically said Flex drivers do not have the option to preview or choose routes. You have to take whatever route they say. Get out of here. Flex won't last if they think they can treat driver partners like that. I gave Flex a chance but I'm back to Uber driving.
Awsome job
Delivery Driver - Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 28, 2018
I love that once you hit the road that you can work at your own pace however you are given a block of time to complete your deliveries. Typically between 3 and 4 hours. If you get done sooner good for you then you still get paid the same amount.
Pros
work independently when the hours you want to work
Cons
using your own car and having to purchase commercial insurance in nys

Want to know more about Amazon Flex?

Ask a question
LIbertad para elegir bloques
Driver Independent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 10, 2018
La empresa da la libertad a todos aquellos que tengan un carro, sin importar el tamaño, para trabajar con ellos. Lastima que estan entregandole la mayoria del trabajo a corporaciones grandes y se achica el trabajo para los independientas chicos. Pero es muy agradable y comodo trabajar en Amazon Flex.
Pros
rutas comodas
Cons
la mayoria de los bloques son de noche
HORRIBLE place to Drive for during seasonal peak
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2018
You can agree to pick up a shift like 5pm-8pm but if they are 1 hour behind at the warehouse (they usually are in December) dont be surprised if you actually work 4:45-8:45 (4hr) and still only get paid for 3hr. The support is practically non existent. You will be an independent contractor and trust me the employees know that. And Amazon treats you like you are extremely replaceable. There is no phone support for pay issues, 99.9% of support is done through email. Not worth destroying your car over just so they can work you more than they will pay you for. I have tried so hard to find real support and i am convinced that this company does not care about the "Flex" Drivers AT ALL. They have done absolutely nothing in 2 years to convince me they even consider me a human being and not just a robot.
Flexing is Amazing!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I like about this work is no commutation with customers, all you do is pick the packages and drop it off at their customers location that all. It was worth to see different locations that you haven't go to there before. It was beautiful to see area but sometime, not. Depend on the weather; when rain day that cause price rising and anybody grab it fast before you lose it. It is kind of gamble they throw us at our face. When you arrive at the warehouse to pick the packages, but you can't pick what you want. They give you rack of packages, sometime the packages can take you to far away from Chicago alike hour away.
Pros
Enjoy and own the hours.
Cons
pay by yourself for gas, oil, and etc on your own, not amazon.
Lack of working hours
Amazon Flex Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 16, 2018
Don't do it as a full-time job, you will be screwed. One day they will give offers/hours and then you won't get any for weeks, don't depend on it as a full-time job. Their customer support is really good but management is extremely poor. Don't apply if you have a car with bad mileage because you will have to drive for avg 50 miles a day to deliver packages in your own car.
Gps routing issues but love the fast paced environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 21, 2018
Love the fast paced environment. This is no t a job for you to be lazy and expect it to be someone else's fault. I have made decent money picking the right shifts and routes. If there is a problem while on the road, customer service would s a phone call away and very helpful. That being said, I live in Delaware and have to drive an hour to the nearest location ( not good for the bottom line. ) The GPS touting system is still not great, I have found I need check the delivery route manually and make adjustments. And the staff is many times disorganized as if there is no manager leading the team at all. Overall I like the work, it is not a hard job if you willing to move fast and not sit and complain and blame for things you probably are doing wrong.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Far commute to work and mismanaged staff KOP
Great for people who can't work set schedules
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 15, 2018
It's amazing for people who need flexible scheduling. I loved it, even the long or harder routes. They worked out a lot of challenges we had to face in the beginning. Be I wish i would have known to call support more often prior to marking packages undeliverable as well. I could have used their assistance in order to cover my butt on a couple of occassions. They do not have your back as a driver. I had awesome stats and they were my main source of income. All it took was one route in a shady neighborhood for 5 packages to be reported not received even though I hid them well and I know for a fact they were delivered. They don't allow you to ever return. They don't care and any type of interaction with them is all generic emails.
Pros
No set work schedule, good money, we easy to learn the work
Cons
They don't have drivers backs.
Way to many packages, neighborhoods poorly lit, gps not so great, the pay is not enough for the time and your gas and cost of living
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2018
Too many packages, neighborhoods poorly lit so you can’t see the addresses, gps not so wonderful, the distance they have you going is to far for that pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor lit neighborhoods, too many packages, not enough pay for the distance
Don't bother
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2018
On first glance, this job seems great. Amazon turns a straight forward job into a mess because the drivers are blamed for everything. The only positive is that this job is a good way to see if you'd like being a mailman or UPS driver... Jobs which pay far more, have benefits and you aren't an independent contractor.

After gas, and expenses, you barely make minimum wage.
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 31, 2018
To sum it all up, you work from your phone and vehicle after choosing a shift. The shifts are in times blocks and locations, with you ultimately having control over whether you wanted to work or not. The work itself requires some lifting and organizing to an extent but the penultimate feeling that comes over you stems from the freedom to choose when you want to work.
Pros
You choose when you want to work.
Cons
It's ok if you have a car that's good on gas
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2018
You have to check your phone continuously to get work. If your car isn't good on gas then it won't be good to work at flex. I like being my own boss and not dealing with Co workers or demanding customers. With this job the stops are pretty close together so you get it done fast and all you do is put the package by there door knock take a pic and on to the next. It's cool seeing the different animals and beautiful homes. Over all I like it but my car keeps giving me problems and I was going to use my boyfriend's Honda but alot of times I get big boxes that won't fit in his car.
Pros
Work alone, deliver in good areas, getting work everyday
Cons
Not enough gas, my car keeps having problems, alot of times you will have a package that wasn't scanned to your route, you have to wait in a line to get your packages, when you call support they aren't much help