Amazon Flex Employee Reviews

If you are patient you will do fine
Delivery Partner (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 16, 2018
So, this is an easy job yet you will face many difficulties starting out. I'll review Elizabeth's warehouse considering the Moonachie location is alot more functional and efficient. The pay is excellent for the amount of time the blocks take, usually less than the time allotted, Amazon does pay overtime if you call support and email them, they dont let you know this. The management here sucks. This warehouse works with a few other contracting drivers and they take priority over flex drivers. There are a lot of drivers in the holiday season so if this is your side gig you might have scheduling conflicts. Everything is seldom explanatory. You go to the warehouse, get a block and go.
Pros
Salary, flexible hours, freedom, toll reimbursements
Cons
Management, long lines/wait, rushing
Unorganized dont do it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2018
20 plus yrs of route work and Amazon is so far behind doing everything they can to make it slower and not efficient at all biggest problem I've noticed is Route Structure is terrible and GPS locating customers and to much back tracking on your route Rabbit is garbage and should only be needed for scanning and GPS only no photos and other nonsense all time killers apts and trailers GPS again junk delivery drivers have way to many packages to deliver Fed Ex and UPS makes more money and benefits and dont load there trucks DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY THAT DELIVERS FOR AMAZON
Pros
On your own
Cons
Unorganized to many stops and no benefits or enough pay
The Best Side Gig Ever!!! Great $$ Simple Work.. AAAA++++++
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2019
The 5 best things about Amazon Flex are:

1. The ease of execution for the $
2. The ability to make your own schedule
3. The timely availability of live support ☑
4. The frequency of compensation $$
5. The consideration of Amazon Flex concerning any hardships experienced while making deliveries

I am so grateful and thankful for the opportunity to work as a delivery partner for Amazon Flex. This platform has literally changed my life and my family's lives for the better.

AAAA+++++++++
Pros
Great Pay, Easy Work, Awesome Support Team
Easy money
Flex driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsNovember 20, 2018
As a former USPS rural carrier where you don’t receive any benefits for about 4yrs and are treated like dogs, this is like heaven. Blocks can be a little tricky to grab but I get two 4 hours everyday and since I was used to running 200 packages and 800 people’s mail in 8-10 hours I can easily knock out the 40-80 packages they give me for 8 hours in 4-6 hours and still get 8 hrs pay! Don’t forget you get to write off miles at .53 easily pays more than gas and maintenance
Pros
Make your own schedule, get paid for the whole block even if you finish early
Cons
App sucks, no guarantee work, no benefits
Amazon Flex is Great for Part-Timers
Logistics Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 3, 2018
This department of the company claims that you'll advance quickly, which is a lie. After a year of being here, it is the longest I have been with out a raise. Unless you bully your way to the top, which is apparently acceptable, you will stay stagnant in a part time job which is perfect if you are a full-time student who lives with their parents or are living rent-free with the option of just wanting to make extra cash. Amazon Flex is rich with culture and wide diversity, with extra benefits like cook-outs and free snacks from time to time and the occasional contest where you may win an Amazon gift card for $5-10.
Cons
no pay increase, no paid vacation
No benefits, low pay
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 16, 2018
low pay and no benefits to it. You have to use your own car to deliver packages and they don't offer any gas mileage reimbursement. They should consider offering those who work hard and dedicate to this job.
Pros
Work on your own schedule.
Cons
use you're own vehicle
Don't bother
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2018
On first glance, this job seems great. Amazon turns a straight forward job into a mess because the drivers are blamed for everything. The only positive is that this job is a good way to see if you'd like being a mailman or UPS driver... Jobs which pay far more, have benefits and you aren't an independent contractor.

After gas, and expenses, you barely make minimum wage.
Good Job
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Overall a good job although it's hard to get full time job from there.The pay not to bad $15hr. but not enough if you're part time and it's also weekly paid. There are tons of employees some are cool and others can be obnoxious.
Pros
Good environment easy tasks good hourly salary.
Cons
dealing with to many employees
Amazon flex is a great job to have because you choose what hours you want to workp
Contract driver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 15, 2018
Very fast paced job,get to work independently , also choose the hours you want to work..some days if you choose too you can do two blocks, hours in Gainesville are plentiful so I get to choose pretty much the same hours each day...
Pros
Choose whern to work
Cons
No benefits
Very quick paced and competitive
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day as an Amazon Flex driver includes waking up early to see what driving blocks are available, picking up an available block, arriving at the warehouse about 10-15 early, having a random cart delivered to your car, scanning all the packages on your rack, sorting and loading them into your car for your convenience. Finalizing your pickup route in the Amazon provided app, checking your route and map to make sure there are no missorts and if there is hoping you get a manager in a timely manner that will take the packages that don't belong in your route off. I learned how to time manage, sort packages in a way that works best for me and following directions with the navigation system provided but also being able to go into the map and re-route my deliveries if necessary. The hardest part of the job can be to get a delivery block, a depending on how many packages and the route provided occasionally going over your block time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make your hours, choose the times you want to delivery and make as much as you want untaxed, following the labor laws of only 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.
Pros
Make your own schedule and be your own boss
Cons
Delivery blocks can be hard to get, routes can be difficult, no benefits
Poorly ran warehouses! Management needs to step up.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2018
I love the work/life balance. I feel very indepent, which I love. However, there was an incident with my route getting screwed up and I had the wrong packages. I got paid which was nice but no one had a clue where to put the remaining boxes and I couldn't find not one person in charge at the warehouse. There should be a lot more support at the warehouse in my area. Also the navigation on app needs to be fixed. I could never do this job without my son, who navigates for me. I noticed recently, there has been a drop in pay. I don't like how I have to keep checking for open blocks. They should give there better drivers first priority.
Pros
Indendence, Convince, freedom in schdule.
Cons
Poor navagation, absent management, lowering pay, hard to get blocks.
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 4, 2018
Good job but the employees should be recognized more we get No benefits there's no reassurance it's a cut throat job with no consistency at all. .very competitive
Cons
No benefits at all
Amazon Flex not even offers
Independent Contractor driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2018
I have been driving for Amazon as a independent driver for about a year and a half. Lately it has changed for the worst. It seems they hired alot more people. Which makes it twice as hard to find an open block, specially for Amazon prime deliveries. I have not received a reserved block offer in over a month. I'm thinking that is long gone. It also seems they cut back on using the Amazon white delivery vans and did a mass hiring for independent drivers to fulfill those deliveries. Resulting in over saturation of drivers cutting everyone's opportunities for open blocks. The pay also has not been raised since Amazon flex started in Phoenix 2 years ago. Hopefully anyone applying doesn't plan on counting as a main source of income because you will be hurting.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough offers and low pay for amount of deliveries
Fast paced and fun.
Amazon Flex Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 27, 2018
Great part time job. Just need some job security and benefits. The pay is more than fair. Everyone at the warehouse is pretty helpful if a problem were to arise.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Not enough morning work.
Fast Paced
Seasonal Sortation Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 18, 2019
Typically fast paced work with certain metrics to meet.
It is made rather clear that you are replaceable from day one.
If you have an issue to resolve with HR your only chances of getting it resolved are to hope they come in on time and that you work during standard HR hours. Otherwise management will tell you they don't know or tell you to talk to HR.
Metrics to be met are on a give and take basis, e.g. As long as your numbers look good it doesn't matter if you do the job correctly. Generally speaking, doing the job correctly doesn't always make your metrics meet and doesn't get you recognition for doing your job the right way.
Management does tend to play favorites unfortunately, all positions are part-time except for management and there is little to no room for advancement.
Pros
$15/hr. pay
Cons
Part-time only, no advancement opportunity, favoritism
I am a contractor
Delivered Packages Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 1, 2018
Its a rat race to get the jobs from phone app.
the phone app used for job could be better.
over all a good place to make extra money if you have a car with good mileage
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Amazon Flex is competitive
Package Handler/Delivery Driver (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 14, 2018
Amazon Flex is great if your main goal is to make extra money with your car in addition to a full or part-time job. There are no health benefits and hours are on a first come, first serve basis. Overall, I'd recommend it for a side job.
Pros
Make money in your free time
Cons
Pay schedule is weird
Amazon Flex in Shawnee, Kansas has a high turnover rate of employees.
Sorter/Diverter/Stower (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSAugust 6, 2018
This is a fast paced job. The pay was $13.50/hour which was good for 4-5 hours per night. The two top managers were great, their assistants were not so good. Loud rap music was blasting the majority of the time, which I didn't care for. Should have had a better variety of music at a lower volume.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Bad music and ventilation.
Car expense
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
When Amazon is going to send you into an area of the Phoenix Valley that has no roads and you are forced to navigate out in open desert there needs to be additional compensation for such events. I was repeatedly given delivery blocks That were in such condition.
Cons
Destroying my car
Poor cut throat management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Day two a supervisor took a picture of my badge...treated me unkind from the beginning but ignored them and remained kind. Found out I had a degree and could move up. Felt sad for the way they treated some people who didn't fit in their click. If you are selected you will be fine. The workers are good....the managers were insecure and horrible towards workers especially at break times...often crudely hollering "your break is over" and whatever they felt like. Really unprofessional bunch...heard they had many good supervisors fired by set ups and lies. So beware from a supervisor's view point. You work a set schedule 3-5 hours a day. If you want to stay there sign up for weekends and don't use your degree. Robinson Township Pittsburgh, PA.
Pros
Short hours better pay rates $15
Cons
Poor cut throat mangers ruin the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.