Amazon Flex

Showing all 1,909 reviews

Amazon Flex insights

Based on 1,267 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great contract job for quick cash

If you can't find anything else and need cash, this is a good option. Unfortunately it is contract, but you make $18-23 per hour. I would recommend using Quickbooks Self Employed if you are going to do this kind of employment.

Very Flexible

I love amazon flex because it lets me travel whenever I want!..the pay is not that much but you can make some money when you grab some blocks in the same day!

Pros

Travel Anytime

Cons

sometimes theres no available blocks at a good time always late

Great place to work just don't expect a lot from it

There wasnt an interview process. Work is good if you actually get it. Blocks (shifts) are hard to come by since its first come first serve. And there are hundreds of other drivers so it comes down to whoever swipes to accept the block first.

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, Rural routes are stress free, Pay is decent sometimes great

Cons

No where near enough blocks (shifts) to make full time, City routes can sometimes be a pain because of parking and trying to find hub lockers, Have to wait months for compensation for mileage from the government

Not Bad Part Time

This is good for a side hustle. It’s pretty easy to navigate the app. Check in is imperative. So make sure if you are not sure, get help. The staff is very helpful. If you forfeit too many offers, you see less of the big priced offers. You are your own boss. Don’t forget that you have to do your own taxes. You can make $400+ a week easy. Training would be beneficial but it’s a learn as you go type thing. The deliveries start from close to the station and out. I wish there were more locations. You have the option to use the app GPS or outside GPS. I recommend outside GPS bcuz the app GPS still has too many kinks to be fixed. Although they don’t pay you per mile, they partnered with another app so you can calculate deductions for miles driven while at work.

Cons

They don’t pay you per mile or reimburse you for tolls.

You're on your own

Amazon Flex was an excellent gig opportunity when it first launched in Cincinnati in 2016. Through the years, the changes have been constant and none of them have been in favor of their "Flex delivery partners" who are independent contractors. If you like putting ridiculous miles on your own vehicle (750 - 1200 weekly), never being certain where you'll be sent on a delivery itinerary (which includes some areas where your safety is seriously threatened), and feeling like a cog in a machine, then Flex is a great opportunity. Absolutely no meaningful support (phone support techs read from scripts and cannot help with real-world challenges). The best part of the work is its flexibility. Other than that, be prepared for lots of hard wear and tear on your vehicle, and no genuine appreciation from Amazon.

Pros

flexible scheduling

Cons

many (see review)

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Favorites

This place reminds me of high school. If you’re not “in” with a manager he or she will not allow you to do things they allow others to do. Even if you go to work everyday & are on time , it doesn’t matter.

Pros

Scheduling

Cons

Managers

Doesn’t pay enough

Some days were super easy. Some days literally made me cry…It was not worth the pay. I drove fast, ran up and down stairs and apartment halls and still couldn’t finish some of my blocks in time. And some days I’d get done 2 hours early?!?The point system was not fair. I would reserve 3 hour blocks and get over 40-50 packages and they’d all be hard to access apartments. If you can’t finish, that goes against you.I took photos, followed customer instructions, hid packages, and called/texted to ensure delivery. Even with photo evidence of delivery, if the customer says they didn’t receive it, it goes against you.I went above and beyond and had a rating of “fair”NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND CAR USE!

Pros

Good hours, easy to start

Cons

Bad pay, inconsistent blocks, not efficient.

Great opportunity

I love working for Amazon Flex! It’s easy money as you go. You pick the block you want to take for the amount of money offered and deliver the packages, get paid the very next day.

Pros

1099, my own car, privacy, no boss

Cons

Late forfeit of a block affects your standings

Flexible decent pay

Work whenever you feel like it depending on your location, if the location is over saturated with driver's you'll likely have to constantly refresh the app and accept offer's extremely fast as there's a lot of other drivers doing the same.

Pros

Flexebility, decent pay for a gig

Cons

Driver support could use some improvement

No interview or induction seemed very dodgy because of this.

Managers dont introduce themselves to you. I have been here for 7 months and I still dont know who runs the warehouse!Otherwise I enjoyed the bromley by bow amazon very much once I found out who the managers were and become close with everyone. Would recommend if you like hard work like myself.

Long waits

Low pay, long wait times, rude management, over stuff packages, have a limit on amount of money can be maid at a time, penalizes driver over everything

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Long waits, low pay, majority of your pay will go to your gas, send you all over state

Make your own schedule.

Weekly shifts are posted and you choose when you want to work. Shifts are scheduled via a phone app, so it is very easy to use. You earn pto as you work and that can also be scheduled using the app.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

not full time

short shifts

I do enjoy working for amazon but sometimes there are no shifts available with Flex, or at least at the foods facility because it is small I'm sure it's not the case with the west Jefferson one but the food one is the closest to me. if you do happen to choose the food facility, may I recommend turning on your shift notifications and clicking your desired time shift as soon as possible, otherwise it may not be there anymore within a few minutes. but overall it is a great experience.

Pros

flexible hours

Flexibility

Overall this is a pretty cool place to work I didn’t have any real issues with the company They are pretty good about helping you with your needs although lm having some difficulty accessing some documents

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not enough hours

Buen trabajo.

Me gusta el trabajo para Amazon flex ya que tengo horario abierto y brindar un buen servicio a los clientes.

Easy work but long distance deliveries

The job is enjoyable at times because you can finish delivering parcels before the block time ends and go straight home from where you are delivering. Salary is based on length of block and not for the far out places you have to go to. The company also does not cover for fuel costs.

Pros

Fun, easy and simple job

Cons

Poor salary for the amount of work

Amazon flex driver

I think they could do way better with pay rate. They pay based on the block size and how long it will take to delivery all the packages. You have to provide your own car and your own gas.

Great side gig

You can make really good money doing Amazon Flex. One of the things I like best is although it's a gig, you sign up for a certain amount of time (block) therefor you know how long it'll take you to make a certain amount of money. For other gig, you really don't know how much you'll make until you're out there driving around waiting for the tips to roll in.

Gig work

If you're in between jobs and have a car that gets decent miles, this is a pretty okay gig. Beats having strangers in your car, just a bunch of packages.

Pros

No boss to hassle you

Cons

Traffic, wear and tear on car

Choose when you work

If your a lazy slob like me and fancy a day off then you can also you normally finish early so can go home with full pay happy days sir I like to deliver here it is good

Pros

Own boss

Cons

Distance travelling and availability

Decent pay but...

Decent pay but not worth the bad management/toll it takes on your mental health and body, holidays are stressful. The bonus that they give is taxed at 22% federal and then state tax kicks in....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amazon Flex