Amazon Flex

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,813 reviews

Amazon Flex insights

Based on 1,134 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good company

Good company !but only has hours after 3pm if you don’t mind working in the dark and can see as well as delivering in area that has no street lights then you’ll be fine.

Self employment

Independent contractor good pay depending how often you work. It is self employment. There is nothing much to really say that can just don’t miss scheduled blocks and deliver everything assigned to you and bring back the stuff you cant.

They are unfair you will get fired

The flex job it’s easy but I notice the people were lying about the packages even though I took pictures each time at drop off makes no sense . The snow day in philly I had two orders but had to cancel because someone broke all my windows just cause. Amazon flex instead of hearing the situation was out of my control I could not keep the orders they closed my account. Now I just think people working as flex are guiniepigs and treated that way because they are disposable that’s wrong.

Pros

Easy

Cons

You can be replaced no warning

Never made it to the first day

I read online, "Hiring in Philadelphia for Amazon FLEX" Sign up, download the app, deal with the background check, back and forth endless uploads, videos, download, take pics of all identification you have. No way to reach anyone for support before you start. Finally a month later I get an email. You've been approved start today, pick your route... Bla..bla...bla.. Sign on the app. It says, Sorry now deliveries of you try back in a few days. ALL THAT FOR NOTHING!!! What a ripoff never made it to the first day!

Pros

Dont Know

Cons

Never made it past the first day.

At first it seems great! Until you have a problem.

Everything is great unless you have a problem! Support is no where to be found and the email you are supposed to use only sends back "Canned Responses" if everything goes well its not a bad gig at all. I loved it while everything was going well. Just be mindful if you are going to use this as a full time gig and you have a issue it will not be addressed and the hoops are not to be found to even jump though.

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

If you have issues good luck getting them resolved.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Nice pay if you can put up with the MANY drawbacks.

You can make a decent living if you don't mind putting a couple hundred miles a day on your car, and dealing with a LOT of problems that should be fixed by now. I'll detail below: App is wrong about 5% of the time. Just flat out wrong. It's USUALLY when delivering to a new housing development (still in construction or just finished), but not always. I've had an hour of a 3 hr route WASTED because the app routed me 25 minutes AWAY from the correct location. 95% of the time, it works... but you never know when that 1% will come, or how bad it will be. In contrast, Google maps has only ever ONE TIME failed to find the address... but it's a pain to manually enter every address into Google and switch back and forth. The employees at the pickup are very hit or miss. This has been improving lately, but they are still far from perfect. A few months ago, I'd get down there and Drivers would have to teach eachother how it worked because the staff WOULD NOT HELP YOU. There'd be 10+ people talking to eachother, eating donuts, listening to headphones, and ONE person actually working (putting 30-50+ drivers through). It's much better now, but shifts exist, and every once in awhile you'll get there and it'll be the old crew back again, no one working. The most common problems you run into relate to the crew problems. For instance, you get paid for 3-4 hrs of work (rarely 4.5hrs). Problem is, the employees there have to do their jobs correctly for that to work out. I went there for a 3 hr shift one day and there were none. I got told to take a "smaller" 4 hr one. I got a 40 item (which -

Nice for part time work only

I’ve worked at the PA hub since 7/2017 part time. I schedule my blocks according to my availability. It’s challenging at times to get a block however I always end up getting one. I’m sociable so I get to know the enteral team. As far as car maintenance you shouldn’t take you longer than 1-2 hours to deliver your packages. Once you get to know the system it’s a cake walk. I don’t like that drivers are blamed when customers don’t receive their packages and you’re subjected to scripted responses from the app or va email. The app isn’t the best but not the worse. I use my wave coupled with the app. You have to be fast, driven and know how to multitask for this job. Folks should never attempt to make this a full time job. It’s designed For part time employment. Expect to change your oil every 3-4 months ($20) and get warranty on your breaks and tires. Invest in a car strickly for delivering. I always take evening and 11am shifts to avoid traffic. Make the job Work to your benefit!

Pros

Easy money for a side job.

Cons

Blamed when customers don’t receive packages and poor customer support