Amazon Mechanical Turk
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100
View all Amazon Mechanical Turk reviews

Amazon Mechanical Turk

Amazon Mechanical Turk Employee Review

Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker Review - Not worth it.

Modern day slave labor. It seems great when you get $30 deposited to your account, until you realize you spent 8 hours combing the same page over and over, and then another 3 hours running the same few surveys for less than half min wage in some states. I used to tolerate this until Amazon started putting in barriers to withdrawing the money that you rightfully earn; what was once a no minimum, instant withdrawal now follows a schedule (3 days at the soonest). This doesn't seem bad, until you realize it is an ACH transfer, so when your transfer date falls on the weekend it's another 2-3 days of waiting. This isn't counting the day an ach transfer normally takes to post. Sometimes I'll need a quick $20, do $20 worth of surveys, and have to wait 7 days to receive the money, even after it has been paid by those putting up the HITs. Now combine that with the fact that Amazon can't even manage to send the payments at the same time each scheduled day (I've seen as early as 12 am, currently I'm waiting on a transfer past 2 pm), that some work takes up to a full 30 days to pay, and that sometimes legitimate work will be rejected with no way to contest it, and you have a company that is taking advantage of you and wasting your time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Very low pay, not very reliable

1.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

At home micro jobs

Pay is very low and takes long time to receive if you're not looking for good hits all the time you're not going to be making any money it's a full time job that pays less than a part time job

Horrible

This was the most upsetting thing I've done. The small tasks itself were not bad at all, you could do them whenever you had free time and for however long you wanted to. I had been working for only 3 days when I received an email stating my account was suspended. They have a specific email address to "help" resolve those kinds of issues. I emailed them twice for 2 days and after I received an email back stating they were unable to help me & that they weren't going to re-open my account. The reason for suspending my account was because apparently it was another account, but I had this account for a while I just never really used it until now. Now mind you, they never asked for my name on my account to even check the problem they just straight up told me they weren't going to re-open my account. I told whoever that was that they wasted their time and my time writing that email; They would've done better never responding to me. Why tell people to email you if you're just going to turn them down anyway. You guys have POOR professional skills ! I won't ever recommend this company to anyone, not even a homeless person!

Broken hits, requesters who want free work, and don't expect answers to any questions.

If you're on Mturk, you're either masochistic or you're doing it because you have no other options and you're stuck. It's a level of misery that's incomparable with anything else like this I've ever seen. Requesters routinely expect short essays for pennies, hits are frequently broken (and half the time you don't know until you've already been rejected after submission.) Some of the jobs are thoroughly unworkable, frequently tedious, and inhumanly underpaid.

Pros

Once in a rare while you have hits that pay really well, and they're usually obnoxiously redundant surveys.

Cons

Everything, literally everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Mechanical Turk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits