Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Good workplace just not enough room for advancement
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJune 17, 2018
Do your job to the best of your ability don't worry about a raise if it comes it comes better to be prepared for a advancement then not prepared when the advancement shows face
Good
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2018
It was fun and relaxed but fast paced and went by quickl. I had fun every day and the managers treated me well. I had to relocate to Florida for family
Pros
Pay
Cons
Distance
The most enjoyable part of the job
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 17, 2018
Learning different things everyday. Sometimes the management team wants us to learn different things on a daily bases. For example different area to scan the box because the changed it for the day.
Pros
pizza party
Cons
no parking
Not as advertised,
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJune 17, 2018
I began working here after having been assured that my education would play a key role in deciding factors for advancement. This is 100% untrue. Amazon doesn't care how educated you are, advancement is based on seniority and favoritism.
Pros
The scheduling system is nice
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Relaxed atmosphere with plenty of things to do
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 17, 2018
Working at Amazon can be tough when you first start working there, but it gets easier the longer that you work there. The hardest part of at Amazon is getting used to having to do the same tasks over and over.
Stressful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2018
This is a very challenging place to work and the turn over rate is unbelievable. The salary is is not commensurate to the work that is required. The CEO needs to revisit a number of issues about the work environment and the balance of management as it relates tows to ethnicity.
Poor place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJJune 16, 2018
My opinion about amazon is i do not like to be on a timer. There is no team work you are on your own but thats not at all amazon only where i have worked.
It paid enough for my bills.
On Courier (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 16, 2018
Typical work day was fast paced, Learned to deliver packages the correct way to customers, management was reasonable, workplace was good, hardest part was the labor of the job.
Great coworkers and atmosphere
Fulfillment Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 16, 2018
Working there is great with the many people there but management was unhealthy lacking the time off work to relax and regain strength for continuous work place
Pros
Coworkers and peers
Cons
Management and time off hours were lacking
Good For The Pocket, Bad For The Natural Sleep Schedule
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2018
I worked the late shift and I would get there and use my ID card to get in and clock in for work. we would stretch and depart into our job stations... we would work for so many hours then have a break the finish what we started and clock off.. during the holidays we would have over time. they are very strict on following the rules so don't break any. if you want to move up, just say so and prove your work ethic and you'll be noticed.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, satisfying work
Cons
sort of far away, tiring if you aren't used to the work load

Want to know more about Amazon.com?

Ask a question
Not fun
Packer/Picker/ICQA/Stow/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 16, 2018
Job is brutal, if you can handle the long walks and management treating you like children; then go for it. I am an adult, so I want to do better for myself..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
getting in trouble to walking to the bathroom
Productive and functional workspace keep up the good work
Sorter and Packer (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 16, 2018
Just go fast and get the work done so that you can get your Rates and have a successful time working at Amazon It isn’t really a hard job if you have a mindset of what you have to do for the day but just stay at a steady pace and everything will go by so smoothly
A Challenging Workplace
Full-time Fresh Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJune 16, 2018
Very challenging work considering its physical effort and tolerance working most especially at chilled and the freezer.

Hoping the company would state flexibility and more choices straight at the hiring process for some wokers are willing to work at the freezer & chilled without any problem so do the wage rate may differ for them giving them more favor and rewards for doing so.
It's a fast paced job.
Stow/Amnesty Ambassador/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FL 33570June 16, 2018
The work isn't hard if you're in decent shape but it can get exhausting. you will work 4 10 hour days back to back. Over all not a bad place to work.
Pros
the benifits are great
Cons
very difficult to move up
productivev
Picker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 16, 2018
Very hectic but they get things done. Managers are personable and friendly, understanding. Fast paced working environment with competitive employees and a lot of opportunity.
tvs to watch a refrigerator to put your stuff in
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2018
amazon is pretty straight forward it is a fast pace working job and you most learn to find things quickly with being alert that you have found the correct item being a picker. They allow 15 minute brakes and they give you more than one a half hour lunch, and it the dress code is pretty laid back and the pay is just as good the managers are friendly and make sure we are prepared for work with stretches. Also allow us to leave if we sick and depending we how long we have worked.
Pros
tv
Kiss up, Kick down
Knowledge Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 16, 2018
everything comes and goes with your manager. I saw the good, the bad and the ugly.

Culture wise expect stack rankings, kill or be killed attitude
Changing teams is not that easy - your manager can prevent you from this and when you internally apply he/she gets pinged.
Benefits
Cons
Work culture
always had fun things
Stow Associate (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJJune 16, 2018
before you report to your work station the managers always have a short meeting on the day. The managers all was very nice and always was ready to help.
great place to work
Yard Jockey Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 16, 2018
First off the benefits they offer is great considering you get them day one and dont have to wait 90 days like many companies. There is a lot of room for advancement. So far i am liking the job, hopefully i can improve and move up.
Job is ok
ambassador (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJune 16, 2018
It's a ok job it should be full time managers have smart mouths and talk behind your back no paid time off most of the ambassadors don't know all the job functions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K

2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight