Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 22,683 reviews matching the search See all 29,109 reviews
Operations (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORDecember 9, 2018
Enjoyable place to work but some things are done in a way that feels like they are against you. This is a place where you realy need to make sure you keep record of things.
Great place for Type A persona
Sr. Instructional System Designer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2018
Excllent place to work but if you are able to devote 80 hours a week. Compensation is awesome and cultur is great. For me putting 80 hours a week is not a bid geal. Loving it!
They dont care about thier employees well being
Picker (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXDecember 9, 2018
I would never work at Amazon again,because the General Manager don't care about if you have back problems or don't care if you done hurt yourself on the job.They will tell you to go home without pay.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
They dont care
Great
Warehouse Associate/ Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2018
Loved working there, its easy to make rate, theres a diverse amount of people, and you get a lot of benefits. Everything is really easy to learn just c=because there's so much repetition. Need to be a little self sufficient to work there though.
fast paced, 8 hour shift flies by,
SEASONAL SORTATION ASSOCIATE (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 9, 2018
I like the pre shift gathering... I call it "the huddle". Good information passed along. Pick out scanners and get to work. I have a definite feeling of accomplishment at the end of the shift. Work culture is very focused on getting the job done. Probably why, this location is number one in performance.
Pros
Very flexible schedules and tons of extra shifts
Fast paced work environment
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 9, 2018
Working during the holidays can be stressful and fast-paced so if you want to go with the flow of this job the best thing to do is stay focused and make sure you can multitask when necessary.
Nice place to meet people of all backgrounds and ethnicities
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 9, 2018
Don’t get comfortable , you are no more than a number there. You are expendable so don’t get used to being there it will end soon. Lunch breaks are too short!
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
You are expendable at jobs like tthese
Job ok.Quiting due to New found info. that cotradicts my beliefs.
Flex Picker (Former Employee) –  Patrol Road Jeffersonville,Ind.December 9, 2018
God is my Creator. I am a Nam.Vet.. I am Pro-God,Pro-Life,Pro-Gun,and Amazon partners with ALL I am against. Won't work for OR do business with them because of https://2ndvote.com/business-entity/amazon/
Pros
flex shifts, foods
Cons
unethical, unGodly, partnerships with companies.
Hard on your body and schedule
Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
Keeping rate is hard on your body for as many hours as they are wanting you to work during peak season for the amount they paid when I worked there which was less than $13.
Fun place to work
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 9, 2018
Amazon is one of the best companys to work for aside from some of the management. Benefits start day 1. Orientation is great you get a badge made but they take it but you get it back your first day of work. The discounts are great. Places like AT&T Mobile.Verison mobile. Sketchers shoe store. And many more. The CEO Jeff is awesome to work for.
Pros
Great people to work around/with
They keep you going.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2018
This is my second time to do seasonal help here for the holidays. It is hard labor but everyone around you is helpful to get the packages out to our customers in time before Christmas. :)
More In depth training
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2018
Very flexible had decent hours but not enough at the time. Self learning was excellent. All training done online at your own pace. The scheduling was based on hours that you were available.
Stressful and demanding
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2018
The workload you are expected to handle is immense. You have a high quota you need to meet, such as number of packages sent per hour, or number of items picked per minute. If you consistently don't meet the quota, you are terminated.
Pros
Lots of overtime hours in holidays
Cons
Short lunch, rigid scheduling, must stand all day, little to no positive interaction with other employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYDecember 9, 2018
It’s a great place to work. Talk to people all over the country and are able to assist with their needs. The job pays well, $15 an hour. Only allowed up to 60 hours a week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Get paid biweekly
Na
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 8, 2018
Working in amazon is very tasking and require alot physical strength and meeting a %100 productivity.

Its also a place to learn about time management
This was the worst job I ever had!!
Stower (Former Employee) –  North Randall, OHDecember 8, 2018
The management doesn't care about anything but numbers. There was too much walking. They stopped the huddles after day three. I fell off a ladder and hurt my knee and told my manager. The only thing he cared about was me accounting for my time when I was in my station the entire time!!!
Pros
Cafeteria food qas decent
Cons
Short breaks and takes 10 minutes to walk to any break room
Easy work but very few hours
Customer Service Reserves Team (Former Employee) –  homeDecember 8, 2018
It was easy work at home. You made your own schedule but you was allowed only 20-30 hours per week. The system was very easy and It easy set up nice and pretty much explained itself.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
No advancement
Work Hard, Have fun, Make history!
LEVEL 4 FIELD TRANSPORTATION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 8, 2018
You will see this slogan all over the building and it is very true. As long as you do you work like your supposed to you will never have a problem. Slacking off is not an option.
Pros
A lot of opportunities to advance.
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing at first..Until a few weeks in.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 8, 2018
The first time you walk into an Amazon Fulfillment center it's like walking into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. It's so amazing to see all of what goes into just one customer order. But don't let the glamour fool you. There is so much more "under the hood" once you start working there and actually see what is going on and how unorganized some of the management is it will make your head spin. Rate is a HUGE deal at Amazon, if you don't meet rate your area manager and PA's (Process Assistants) with be hounding you constantly about it. I was even told by someone that they got written up for being less than under 100% for the week they were at 99.08%. If you're not doing 100% per week they will find you and talk to you about your rate, yes. Even if it's at 99.08%. They will try to accommodate to what fits you best. Besides that, Amazon is not a place for everyone if you thrive in fast paced work environments this place is for you. If not.. Well better go find another job.This is why they will pay up to 95% of college after 1 year of being at the company. Not everyone wants to stay Amazon, and those who do, either move up in the company or stay a Tier 1 associate. I hope this helps some of you out there and gives you more of a concrete answer if you should work here or not. Have a good one!
Pros
Three breaks, the pay is really good, The other co-workers are what make this job really worth it, I've met some of the most amazing and diverse people that I'll probably ever meet, They truly make the normal 10 hr shifts go by quickly
Cons
During peak season expect Amazon to be your new home, they will make you work up to 60 hours in a week, The HR at the fulfillment center I worked at was terrible, they always treat the associates as if they are less valuable than they are, Even some of the managers have a problem with HR and are treated the same way, Use your PTO UPT and vacation time very wisely
Personal Opinion of Amazon
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2018
Amazon was an okay place to work. I was not dissatisfied with my job whatsoever. The benefits at were great and the atmosphere was welcoming. The problem with Amazon, is that you better be willing to work if you get a job with them; also room for advancement is few and far in between. They have their own internal hiring system, which makes it tough to get promoted from within.
Pros
Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight