Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Too physically demanding
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 16, 2017
This isn't a job for the older ones. You have days in packing where you're packing microwaves, tools, unassembled bookcases and bed platforms. If your count isn't high enough you will end up terminated.
good
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2017
Its a great friendly place to work for people in school and stay at home moms. Typical day is basically going through training and helping any customer with the best of your ability
i enjoy working at this place
Yard Jockey Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 16, 2017
if you want to know about this company, come see for yourself you want be disappointed i guarantee. especially if enjoy nice people, fast work pace, and great pay.
I loved this job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CADecember 16, 2017
I loved thus job. I loved the crew members. I loved the work. The managers were pretty cool as well very understanding group of individuals. This was by far my most favored establishment to work for hands down.
Volume focused and consistent work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 16, 2017
This review is for a warehouse position. Strict policies in work and downtime that include up to 15 minutes of idle time. Some managers are amazing and some are worse than others. Mandatory overtime is frequent especially around the holidays. Two 30 minute breaks a day and a lot of walking/standing.
Pros
Tons of hours and great benefits
Cons
Frequent overtime and result based work environment can be exhausting
Amazon
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 16, 2017
Not much communication amongst peers..seemed very competitive..like a race every day..need longer training..management seems to listen sometimes..it was all about the business..every job is timed and sometimes it gets to be a rat race..need to screen employees more.low pay, never saw improvement in 2 months with pay.
Pros
Thanksgiving meals
Cons
Not enough trucks sometimes leaving you scrambling all around for work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2017
I loved the job I learned how to prep the items use the computers scan in the information. Management was very helpful and great the cultural was fun made a lot of new friends from different backgrounds. The job was easy to me and the most enjoyable part were the benefits and the pay.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The twelve hr shifts
Productive and challenging place to work. Very fun doing peak season.
PACK AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 16, 2017
A typical day at the job would be very competitive. The production is great for to someone use to working this job, but working here you need to put the best effect into keeping this job. Good pay. You learn that its a big work place environment and to always stay safe while working. The building could feel just as it could feel outside, so it always great to dress according to the weather. The hardest part of having this job is making production and making sure you're there on time everyday and the stay consistent. The most enjoyable ting about this job is during peak season they give away plenty of gifts.
fast pace
Warehouse Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLDecember 16, 2017
must be able to pack and maintain a minimum of 230 units per hr. will be on feet for 10 hrs. no sitting allowed unless on break or lunch. mandatory o.t. required according to company needs
Pros
great benefits
Cons
standing 10 hrs. straight
Quick Paced and Competitive
Fulfillment Worker/ Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PA 18201December 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job, for the most part, was keeping up with rate personally I found at times that their system was not at all an accurate representation of the work you put during your hours
Pros
Optional Time off, Benefits, School Accommodations for college students
Cons
Unorganized Managers at times, rate system at times is very unfair
Amazing Workplace Overall
Packer (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 16, 2017
At Amazon Fulfillment Center BNA3, a typical day was to walk in the door and hit the clock. After that, head upstairs and begin the initial meeting, in which case we were given a number amount that the packing team had to fulfill within the shift. Ten hours later, we would call it a night. If a team is all on the same page with the same goal in mind and they put in their utmost effort, goals can be achieved. The workplace culture was inviting and the managers didn't mind getting their hands dirty, so to speak, to help the entire team to achieve the goals set. The hardest part of the job was crossing the midnight mark. The most enjoyable part was the three consecutive days off; however, I left a job that I would work 7 days a week so it seemed all too easy anyways.
relaxed work environment
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 16, 2017
great and flexible work culture that one can enjoy. work hours scheduled to allow everyone the opportunity enjoy at least one weekend day in the week.
Warehouse
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 16, 2017
Warehouse
Stow - Bin merchandise
ICQA- Inventory Control Quality Assurance / Security
Packers- Package Merchandise for Orders
PIck-Pick orders from Storage locations
Pros
Income
I'm not going back
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 15, 2017
Stressful job with no good management. As a black person it was hard to feed in with my team in San Marco. White kids at work were with their friends white giving them small stuff in order to have good rate and be promoted.
Pros
Some good benefits
Cons
Very stressful
productivity
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJDecember 15, 2017
Amazon is a safe place to work. I liked there because of the way they motivate people. Their motive is work hard, have fun and make history. The staff managerial is solid and appreciative. While you work there, it's just like you were doing anything compared to the way you work.
Nice place get along with everybody i’m a people person So I got to know a lot of people within the time of their . Everybody is friendly
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2017
Nice place get along with everybody i’m a people person So I got to know a lot of people within the time I was their . Everybody is friendly manager stay on top of everything No favoritism that’s what I love about the managen
customer obsession
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KENNEWICK WADecember 15, 2017
Inbound customer inquiries, you have the flexibility to ensure each customers satisfaction. amazon is customer obsessed and as an employee, we are a customer of amazon's and they obsess over us which makes it easy for us to obsess over our customers.
Customer Eccentric Workplace from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJDecember 15, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working at Amazon. They pay well and everyone is extremely nice. I'm a full time college student and they were able to accommodate my schedule so I could still work. The company is all about helping customers which I love as well.
Production based and fast paced environment
Amazon Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 15, 2017
They provide great opportunities including career development but the demand on its employees can sometimes be stressful. You’ll have to learn how to balance your work and personal life to ensure your longevity with the company.
Pros
Paid time off
Stower (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 15, 2017
It was very fast paced and it was a good place to work. I learned that you have to stow items on the shelf at a fast pace and the most enjoyable part is that you meet new people.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.