Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 24,082 reviews matching the search See all 31,057 reviews
Very ajustable work environment. Great manament.
Sortation Associate (Former Employee) –  EWR5 Avernel, N.J.February 16, 2019
Appreciated the ability to adjust my work schedule with my school schedule. Good work envioronment. Very fair management. The structure was very fair. I see it as an ideal job for college students.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Its a company that rewards productivity and has great benefits
Carteret, New Jersey, Yard Specialist Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJFebruary 16, 2019
Amazon is really a great company. The company rewards excellency in productivity, quality and safety. You can also move up the ranks internally. The benefits offered by the organization is equally very good.
Pros
Shares/stocks given to staff
Cons
short breaks
Long hours but started wage was good
Inbound Receiver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2019
I gained good work experience while working at Amazon. 10 hour long work shifts. You are always on your feet. Management was alright. We had periodic meetings that was very informing about what was going with the warehouse. It was long hard working hours but it gave me further insist on the in and out of a warehouse job and learned a few valuable lessons about team work.
Pros
Good start up wage
Cons
Takes a long time for promotion opportunities
productive
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 16, 2019
The work days where long and fast pace. I feel like if the employees where able to listen to music and had longer lunches then it would be a lot better.
Fun, great culture, and easy.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 16, 2019
Amazon was convenient and helpful while in college. It gave a space for my leadership skills. I love learning the business side of Amazon. Along with working on projects to pitch Amazon Headquarters coming to Atlanta. I was the youngest on the team.
Pros
Convenient
Job Security
seasonal fullfillment (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2019
There is no chance to continue working for the company because of the poor organization of the hr. department. Mostly the communication between hr and employees are a lack of phone use. There is no chance for one on one consultation with hr. in the building because of the over use of security. There is a web site that is not useful to just to further more trouble that help.
Pros
benifets, job organizeation, reasonable managers.
Cons
hr. unorganized, website not helpful.
Good pay and Benefits.
Customer Service - Call center (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 16, 2019
Overall a good job for pay and benefits. Working for .com customer service can be challenging. I don't recommend working for amazon wireless department. Hours can vary each quarter.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not flexible
Great management,fun,and flexible
Picker (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJFebruary 16, 2019
I really liked working for Amazon and would love to return there honestly. The benefits you receive apon hire are great and the management at my site was great. I miss that job.
Pros
Benefits, good pay and hours
Cons
Short breaks
Mediocre place to work
FC Associate I (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2019
There’s numerous of employees so if one minds their business it’ll be a decent placement to work. There is too much favoritism so if one wants to advance in a position you can’t. Also one has to stand up the whole 10 hr shift, 30 min unpaid lunch two 15 min break. They give you unpaid time, paid time and vacation so use your time wisely.
Pros
Snack area, free coffee
Cons
Short breaks, back pains, stocks program unavailable
overall good job
Packing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2019
the environment was very relaxing whenever it wasnt busy,they give a lot of PTO opportunity. you have to work at a fast pace, they will let you know when you need to speed up.
enjoyed my job
Material Handler / Picker, P.I.T. Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAFebruary 16, 2019
I enjoyed my job and wish things had worked out differently in my personal life to allow me to stay with the company. I will probably go back when I am eligible for rehire
Wonderful experience
Pathways Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2019
One of the largest firms globally to work for.
My experience at Amazon was extremely challenging at the same time highly rewarding. The learning curve is steep but with that comes high level of learning.
day at amazon
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJFebruary 16, 2019
you have 3 bosses they all have to yell at you if you make a mistake. if you use the bathroom for more then 15 mins they write you up. The CEO said he doesn't want people working there more then 2 years. so they make your job harder the longer you are there.
Pros
the pay
Cons
your soul
not a place for 40+ or people of color
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORFebruary 16, 2019
The racial and age discrimination is very blatant, HR says they will look into it but nothing happens. There is no opportunity for advancement if you're over 40+.
Hard work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Amazon was one of the hardest jobs I have ever had. It was extremely hands on and was a very fast pace for me. I genuinely loved the pay but really disliked the job.
Pros
Checks
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 15, 2019
Stressful, a lot of patience, favoritism is major there, hateful people,
my manager, my co-workers are what makes it fun. Its a okay job but as long as it pays the bills I'm happy.
Pros
money for bills
Cons
favoritism, stress
Quick commentary about jobs pros and cons
SEASONAL FULLFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 15, 2019
Amazon offers great pay for the type of job responsibilities and it perfect for a second job or a student . My only negative criticism of the company is the lower level management is slightly dis organized and seems to lack experience supervising a large work force and tend to treat workers like children.
Pros
Hourly wage and attence point system
Cons
Lack of career path and disorganized lower management
good pay fast paced environment
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2019
you start off with a managers meeting and stretching, you grab your scanner and all your information is on the scanner. you go to work picking your items Amazon walk is 2 steps a second. you will walk 10-12 miles a day. the scanner will tell you where to go what to get and if your taking too long the manager will send a message to your scanner. you will get a 15 min break at 2 1/2 hours but it starts from your last scan and ends with your new scan after break. then youll do the same till lunch. after lunch you have another meeting with a different manager and it starts all over. the shift is 10 hrs.
Pros
work on your own, no manager over your shoulder
Cons
short breaks, they want over 110% of the daily goals
quiet
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2019
I was a temp and got sick my first week with bronchitis and they let me go . I kind of enjoyed it but picking was a little diffucult because I didn't get every good training and training was only for 2 hours
Pros
15 mintutes and 45 minutes breaks
I was not a happy employee
Process Guide (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 15, 2019
Not enough safety guidelines in place. amazon on the outside looking in is a great company. however, they lack in safety areas. the emphasis on rate is more important it seems than safety.
Pros
stock incentives
Cons
Not enough training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

59.3K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight