Amazon.com

United States28,567 reviews

Found 28,567 reviews matching the searchSee all 42,331 reviews
warehousebreakpeakrateshiftfastshortfoot

Relaxed Work environment

Amazing company to grow as an IT professional. Started here with no IT background and in less than a year I learnt so much about Networking and Data centers from the countless amazing colleagues who will stop at nothing to teach you as much you want to learn

Fun

Best job I have ever had. I loved every living moment here and wish I could go back. I hate it where I work now and just wish I could get another opportunity.

Amazon.com insights

Based on 57,213 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

quick start up

they over work you and don't believe in breaks. they say you have a 15 min break yet expect you to be back logged in and working within 12 minutes. most of the managers don't know how to talk to people and are very rude. the only up side is a fast on boarding if your in desperate need of a job.

Pros

paid weekly

Cons

poor management

Tiring

The pay was decent but the management was poor, and was completely drained whenever I left work. It felt very inhumane because everyone was just either walking around or stayed to themselves.

Fast paced and safety oriented

A typical day consists of receiving trucks of packages and organizing said packages into locations around the warehouse for further delivery. Shifts are generally hard to come by.

Pros

relaxing break room with weakly employee prizes

Cons

shifts are often filled up fast

Advancement Opportunities

There is unlimited opportunities for advancement and furthering your education while working for Amazon. Employees who show up for work, are willing to learn more and not just “do their job,” and just have general human decency to others about them have multiple opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Advancement opportunities, free education

Cons

If you already have a degree and hire in for WHSS don’t plan on making what your worth, find another company.

Okay job to fall back on in hard times

Amazon Fulfillment was okay. The place was massive, and the enjoyment really depended on what position you are in. Sometimes the managers in some areas treated you better than other areas where they seem more concerned about numbers than people. Work was average, it really depended on where you were in the company. One day they could have you packing stuff into boxes and just as you are getting used to it, they immediately switch it up on you and move you somewhere else. Happened a lot. Benefits are decent, they put a big focus on healthcare and 401k. Their 401k plans leave more to be desired though. The rotating on site restaurant that was recently added was okay, but your experience with each restaurant varies. There were some social cliques, but I didn't really care since I just kept to myself. Advancement was difficult, manager was not interested in promoting me after 6 months. Management was a tossup, some were not as trained while a very small few were absolute angels to work with. Training programs are a tossup, you have to apply to get in, or wait two years to get into their online portal. The entire plant was very crowded going in and out, even when going to break. Half of the people there were playing loud music on their phones during work or on lunch. I would try to find lunch rooms that were not as crowded, or eat in my car. Hours and work-life balance was very good. I was able to get more done during my off days I thought, but I bet if I did the math it would be the same amount I would have during a typical M-F work week. Don't try to get sick though, the way corporate -

Pros

On site restaurant, decent benefits, work-life balance, time off system

Cons

lack of management training, not a lot of clear choices for advancement, crowded, noisy

Nice co workers, management usually leaves you alone

Nice company if it's a first job. Not a lot of room for advancement dollar wise, changing positions if you are liked by management should be easy. Overall decent company to work for.

Pros

flexible

Cons

not the best pay compared to flex schedule, not always fair in decision making for positions

What is the best part of working at the company?Learning new skillsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Fast paced sometimesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Busy. But they try to make it as fun as possible.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy. But very organized, as it can be. Every day is different even though it's repetitive.

What is the best part of working at the company?The fast paced environment the great leadership of team management! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I had no issues of stress while I was employed there! What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is wonderfully good place to work there are always incentives and bonuses! The staff are always friendly and want too help each other elevate!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Free fun fast paced, and exciting stowing items and packing shipping & receiving on the docks!

Great Company

Amazon has many advantages as a company. They try their best to make the best of their environment. Like any other place it's not expected to like everyone.

Pros

Bonuses, discounts, there's a huge amount of growth

Cons

Tot

Pros and cons

Can be a good place to work at times. Although in the end your rates are all that really matters. Having good Operations Managers makes a difference. Leadership starts from the top and some Leadership does not belong in Leadership. I enjoyed at Amazon at times but I feel like if your rates aren't up then you really in the end don't matter.

Wouldn't recommend

Amazon work you into the ground. They have lots of things in place to "help" but it doesn't actually help. Your easily replaced so they don't really care. Managers are young people who just finished uni, they have no knowledge in your job role and are only pushing you to get their bonus. Your walking time is counted in your break time and the ques are big during breakfast and lunch which means you have to scoff your food in time to get back

Pros

Good give aways at Christmas, OK pay, Eap

Cons

Short breaks, no sitting down during work, long shifts

loved working there wish i still did

loved my time there fulfilling working and sense of self worth it is a job not for everyone but if you can do it most and i love it and the people are fantastic for the most part

Pros

pay and benny's

Cons

upt policy

Decent Job

Alot of petty drama & favoritism when I was employed , Like a Mini FedEx , If you stayed to yourself & focus on your task you wouldn't worry about the latter

Benefits

Cons

Petty Management, HR wasn't alot of help

Good to learn, work long hours

A good place to learn the business, but does involve working long hours. Can be stressful to maintain good work- life balance . You work amongst the best in the industry.

Provides great benefits, but not enough to justify the toxcicity

Amazon prides itself on equality and favoritism, false advertisement. unexpected mandatory extra time, terrible HR, rarely hires from within, terminates people without warning and little to no reason, does not hold managment to same standards as tier 1, and just overall abuse of their employees. If you like getting payed to be bossed around and constantly nagged for reasons that do not pertain to you, this job is for you. If you like to be called into work days prior and work overtime without warning, this job is for you. If you like managers that do not care for your wellbeing, by all means sign over your soul today. and if you were wondering, no Christmas bonuses and no discounts on Prime...

Pros

Benefits including discount healthcare and direct stock purchasing

Cons

managment, unfair treatment, unexpected mandatory overtime, horrible time off system.

Bad management

This company is very disorganized different supervisor tells you different things. They would remove you from the platform if you want to be removed from an program.

This job gave me PTSD

Worst job I've ever had. Not worth the pay. Toxic work environment where management will gaslight you into submission. You're expected to do your bosses job while they sit in the office. They even "delegate" their EOS reports to you on top of the reports already designated for your position. Literally terrible. And all the rumors you've heard are true. Avoid at all cost.

Pros

Mentally challenging work

Cons

Everything else

Exploitative company

A place just to get your check, lay low and get out. There's a reason the turnover rate is so high. In my experience, there are good days and bad days, but thats all based on business needs. They will burn out an associate and find a replacement asap. Everybody is replaceable.

Pros

With UPT you can leave mid shift or not even show up to a shift

Cons

Poor leadership, HR is not there to protect the employee, it is only there to protect the business

Stay away

They promise you a good job environment but inside the warehouse it's all messy and they treat people disrespectfully for them is all about numbers you are not considered a human

Pros

Cons

Work environment is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amazon.com.
Powered byComparably