Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 21,819 reviews matching the search See all 27,982 reviews
Picker
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 21, 2018
Enjoyed the job. Paid training, walked 12+ miles per day, took a month to physically get used to the pace, focused work, great time to think and de-stress, bonuses. Sent home on occasion based on production but still worked 40 hours a week.
Pros
Stress Free, Okay pay, Gets you fit
Cons
Just takes a while to get use to the pace if you arent in the best shape
i would love to work to amazon
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCOctober 21, 2018
I'm happy to start working for amazon because I love working with people and doing new thing. I love making money for the family.Help people out in life
Fast-Paced
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 21, 2018
Fulfillment Associate. Amazon Fulfillment Associates are among those on the front line fulfilling customers' orders within the Fulfillment Centers. The ideal candidate is focused on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity.
Busy work environment with many areas to advance
Picker/Trainer/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2018
I have been working for Amazon as a picker for a 1.5 years. I started as a temp hire in PA and eventually advanced into an Amazon employee. I recently transferred to Florida at a brand new facility. I am an ambassador, and can be utilized in most of the facility. I am a hard worker who is always wanting to learn new things. Management is great and has been at all locations I have worked at. Hardest part of my job would be the amount of times I have been denied the Managers PA position.
Pros
two 30 min breaks, high pay, great health benefits, amount of paid time off, amount of areas to advance
Cons
Taking away monthly bonus check (vcp), no competitive wages, lack of teamwork, no communication, not having supplies to complete tasks
Not for me
FULLFILMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJOctober 20, 2018
Not for me. This job is good for people with no experience and ok with not making enough money for the hard physical labor that they require each employee to put in.
great place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIOctober 20, 2018
keeps you on your toes, good place to work, good benefits, a team is friendly. nice work environment would recommend to someone whos looking to start off.
Good pay and benefits but terrible work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KS 66102October 20, 2018
A typical day of work consists of working fast while standing, lifting up to 50 pounds, and bending.The starting positions are all physically demanding. Management are all friendly. What I hated the most was how they constantly monitor you about everything. If you have a low rate for any reason, you will have someone from management coming to you to find out why. The equipment also frequently doesn't work properly and you have to move to a different station. When I worked at Amazon, I got the impression that Amazon doesn't care about their employees , only about the required rates. They give out some nice raises but I hated the work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High expectations, physically demanding
Nice work place overall
Research Scientist II, Amazon Web Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2018
Business driven working environment, very competitive.
A bunch of conference and community events for networking and socialization.
Management chain is too long.
Productive and active workplace
Stower (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAOctober 20, 2018
Before working there is always a meeting with the staff members and were all stretching since the shifts are long and we are on our feet the whole time staying busy.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
constantly busy
Stressful
Contract Warehouse Worker/Picker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 20, 2018
During my time as a Picker, the production standards were very unreasonable. Temporary/contract employees were included in holiday meal and snacks during afternoon breaks but were not given other perks available to "employees" even though we outnumbered the regulars significantly. Parking was a nightmare. Long hard hours of work walking 20+ miles most days, with 6 day work weeks for Peak.
Pros
good pay
Cons
difficult quotos and long hours
Fun place to work at! They keep you hydrated too!
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2018
Its a great place for warehouse begginers to develole work skills they fall nothing short of excellent. They care a lot about their workers and will work with you to insure your safety! The pays alright not the best but definitely not the worst!
Pros
Vending machines, constant water breaks, extra hours to earn extra money provided
Cons
Short breaks, strict in the point system before you get fired that means if you cloack in too early!
It was ok no phone no music
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJOctober 20, 2018
If your not money motivated don't waste your time they believe in work you have to have some time off experience in Warehouse and logistics to understand how important your role in Amazon is and driven by money set a goal and work towards it
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Lots of standing would rather walk around for 12 hours
working there was great
transportation managment (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 19, 2018
Loved working there , loved the people there too it is a great place to work. the people there were very helpful, just learning the systems seemed the hardest
Nice paying job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHOctober 19, 2018
Needs better leaders at Amazon Cle 5 location. Great pay, unstable hours. Made friends, clean facility. If you want to work at Amazon, make sure you have the shoes on.
Pros
Free giveaways
Cons
Short break, and unstable hours
It was a pretty nice job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 19, 2018
It was a nice job had great co workers nice majangers the schedule was accomdating. They did stretches everyday told us how many boxes we had for the day vendin machines and clean bathrooms.
Everyone says working for this company is amazing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 19, 2018
In all honesty everything is cutthroat here, you may make friends here but in truth, they are more or less after the same job as you and won't hesitate to do what they can to get it. Don't bother going to your Supervisor and talking to them about moving up and what you can do. The second they feel you are going after their job, they will get you fired and spread rumors. This is first hand experience.
great company
ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 19, 2018
was a clean, straightforward work environment with excellent management and company goals that appreciated hard work and internal growth. Would have loved to stay, but home life took over for the time being. I would definitely recommend a job with Amazon to my friends and family if given the chance.
Amazon culture is bad
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 19, 2018
Amazon is a huge company with the coolest and latest technologies. However, the company culture is really bad. Managers made their decisions based on their interests.
Pros
nothing
Cons
a lot
work is always good and steady
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2018
I go to work and we start off with excersices then we start our work for 12hrs, My only goal at work is to finish and keep a steady pace.They have paid time off. A very fast paced work environment. A very up beat and competitive work zone. They also have a very relaxed dress code that makes it easier to work.
Pros
Your on the clock always
Cons
Lunch and breaks were to short
Pretty terrible
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  CarlisleOctober 19, 2018
Work isnt awful, but managment is incompetant.the conditions are absolutly terrible, 10 minute break in a 10 hour shift. We had people passing out, getting hit from falling objects, ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight