Amazon.com

Vendor53 reviews

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 42,356 reviews
warehousebreakpeakrateshiftfastshortfoot

Most Coworkers were friendly

The pay is not that great but the benefits are good. You may be asked to move departments if things slow down in your area. Management can be good and will treat you fair if you keep busy.

Rewarding and Challenging

If you like daily challenges and unpredictability, then Amazon is the place. Long hours and expected to work every second. Work life balance can go out of the window

Amazon.com insights

Based on 57,213 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

It’s like a vampire, it’ll suck the life out of you.

Worked at Amazon for 5 years, no room to move up. Inside building is super hot like the desert. Management be clueless sometimes too, all they care is themselves . In my old FC before I transferred Was way better. They were actually more energized and with the employees. Pay was decent. Benefits was alright too. Peak is the worst so good luck if you want to work at amazon. You’ll be working like a dog.

My experience:

I did work at Amazon as a Vendor Receiver for a year and found myself not only growing as a worker, but as a person. Amazon gives tones of opportunities to advance in your carrier and not only that, but there is no competition one another because everyone receive the same treatment. I found myself really attach to that job, but due to my pregnancy couldn't continue since you have to lift heavy stuff pretty much o a daily basis. But overall I only have positive things to say about this place.

Great Pay, Very Long Demanding Hours

I worked on the corporate team for Kindle and then Physical Goods (Electronics). The job was exciting each day, but also so incredibly stressful. Expectations were consistently high to the point that it was difficult to unplug and step away from work. There were rewarding wins and great pay, but it came at a cost of always being available and always having too much on your plate. I got excellent reviews, but ultimately left to spend more time with my family and found a much better work life balance with great pay at another company.

Not for everyone. You'll like it or hate it.

It's all about mindset. If you look at this as an opportunity to work out and get paid then you'll do great.If you want to be more than just a number, feel job fulfillment, or can't work alone on your feet for 10+ hours then you're going to hate it.

It’s okay, pretty okay pay

It was okay working here for a little bit, pretty straight forward and repetitive once starting out. I quit because i was being transferred in a position where I wasn’t capable of handling physically. I tried talking to the managers to put me back of where I worked, but it’s absolutely impossible to be switched out once your job is set for the day until they say otherwise. I got accommodations for a month and that was it, even though I’ve have had severe back pain for 8 years. Don’t know why.

Pros

401 k, good pay, opportunities to go home early, everything is done thru your phone ( calling in sick, or even quitting)

Cons

Short breaks, boring, long hours, physically draining

Fast paced and high energy!

Very fast paced environment! Must be a high energy person! Work is physically demanding with extreme quota's that you are reminded of hourly. No tolerance for those who are not prompt and punctual. Pay is decent!

Pros

Benefits package is superb!!!

Cons

Physically demanding!

10 hour days, mandatory overtime during peak, High rates per hour.

From picking/ stowing, anything at Amazon had a rate per hour. If you didn't meet the rate you would get coaching and eventually write ups. You got cross trained in every department so they could put you where they needed help. During peak 60 hour mandatory overtime was dreadful.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

Always getting injuries

Productive fun place to work

For those who say Amazon is a horrible place to work are out of their minds i used all my time and they still worked with me my wife became ill and they fixed my schedule so i can be by her side and still be able to work. You get holiday pay even if you are not working that day Amazon is Amazing I'm proud to be an Amazonian!!!

Pros

Great HR teams

Cons

Not enough heads up given for Mandatory overtime

Managers suck.

Managers are terrible no communication and forget getting somewhere if they don’t like you. Only good thing is we can listen to our music on our phones.

Okay For The Pay

Culture, management and HR could be better. Work is easy but boring and repetitive. Just barely worth the pay. Take advantage of their tuition program or you may have trouble moving up.

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedules and time off options

Cons

Poor leadership

Back breaking work for little pay

I was injured on the job and as soon as I reported it the next day they found a reason to terminate me leaving me with no way to take care of my medical bills! I thought it was a great place to work until they did that to me.

Pros

Only working 4 days a week

Cons

Bad management and HR.

Sigh

All positions there are very physically demanding. It is 12 hours of cardio. Not enough fans to stay cool. I found stowing impossible because of the metal ladders that you climb non stop.

Benefits

Cons

No training

It’s a decent jon

The management changes frequently but the job it self is not hard at all. The hardest part is dealing with others attitude. Inbound receive is like working at a grocery store.

Long hours good pay

Long hours but pays pretty well.,I did not like the work culture. Some rude and petty co workers made the days longer.Strict about rate and very number oriented. I felt like a robot a lot of the time.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Long hours, rude co workers

Fun workplace

Interview process was super easy. Everything was online due to Covid-19. I was offered a Contingent offer almost immediately following the application. Within a few days I was taking my drug test and badge photo. Great atmosphere.

Pros

Fast environment

Cons

Short breaks, physical

personally i love it

i was a receive eventually turned into both prepping and receiving i liked my coworker very friendly if you need her and an boss or trainer is not around and the person your working with has been there for a while you can ask them and mostly everyone is willing to help you!!!!!! I love how you can always move up in the company..... TO BE HONEST I CAN WAIT UNTIL MAY SO I CAN REAPPLY HOPEFULLY I GET THE SAME ONE LGB8 ONLY ONE I WORKED FOR AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

Pros

Everything well almost!!!!

Cons

Sometimes computers mess up n then you have to go to another section!!!

Vendor Receive

It's ok, company if you can keep up with daily quotes. You attendance means a lot if you go into the negative, you can be fired. So watch that very closely.

Ok

I was hired for a new position Amazon created. Work was pretty easy, mostly scanning and sorting inbound shipments. My manager was pretty confusing and her leadership and training skills were not as good as they should be. We received no training. I'm assuming that because the position was new, nobody knew anything about it. I feel as though we should have been paid more. 10 and a half hour work schedule with two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Short breaks

Unorganized

The work it self easy. Some people don’t do well under stress. Make sure you can commit up to 60 hrs a week during peak season. Be prepared for 11 hr days as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight