Amazon.com
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Working at Amazon.com in Kent, WA: Employee Reviews

Kent, WA626 reviews

Found 626 reviews matching the searchSee all 86,156 reviews

All they want are numbers.

Of you don’t hit your number they will call you out in front of the team. It matters if you are left or right handed when picking but they don’t care.

Pros

Health care was amazing

Cons

Short breaks if you wanted outside you had to hike

Peers are cool.

somewhat of a cliquey culture. hard work gets noticed and rewarded, oftentimes shown favoritism. typical warehouse work. heat can be an issue during summers.

Amazon.com insights

Based on 66,890 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Hot in building worked like slaves

Stand for 10 hours not aloud to sit down, terrible work environment. They blast the heat with no A/C in the buildings. Would not recommend people over the age of 60 to work in these harsh conditions

too busy always moving just like a robot

too busy ,keep you always moving just like a robot, and monitor you through the computer and you can not have free time or something like that , no freedom.

Pros

biweekly pay

Cons

keep you always moving and boring

Okay workplace

So if your looking for a job to get easily amazon is pretty easy to get into. I worked at Amazon for almost a month and my experience was okay. The managers there for the must part were nice. They had me working down in the docks which is the one place you DON'T want to be at. I ended up injuring my head on a pole down in the docks and left the job after due to poor treatment from the staff. In my opinion only get this job if there's no other options for you.

productivity

safety after productivity at times and that should not happen safety first safety always they at times will delay fixing it until they can get time after orders are out. Vendors not held accountable for their actions

Decent place

It’s a decent place to work at if you need quick money. The managers are okay. All depends who is the manager and what department you’re in. Time goes by fast

Unproductive, managers work you

Worked at a sorting center where pa's would specifically pick on certain workers that actually did their jobs to move to certain lanes and do another task, while associates that typically do the bare minimum would not get picked at all. Breaks were 15 minutes but would be called at 12 minutes.

It’s busy and ok job

I wouldn’t work gets again not the right job if you have kids or go to school. Takes time to earn PTO no paid time off unless you’re a higher up. And the Laos of work they put on you is too much to handle. They go after new workers and ppl that have been there just stand around talking doing nothing

great people to work with

i enjoyed working at Amazon. I worked four 10 hour shifts. I had one mandatory day of work but only during paek times of the year. I met and wiked with some amazing people.

People are just numbers on a badge.

Scheduling is flexible but must log into an app to get hours. Everything is app driven. Training for job is 2 hours on site then put on your own. Picking quotas are strictly monitored by RF scanners at 100 picks per hour and time limit between items. Non- compliance is immediate write up even within first 2 weeks. One 10 min. break every 5 hours. All company focus is on the most customer orders filled in the least amount of time.

Overworked and underpaid.

They mandate 55-57 hours weekly for months on end and berate people when they begin to burn out and stop hitting the ridiculous rates that you couldn’t mantain on a good day. Highly advise looking at Fedex or UPS instead.

Great workout

Great workout, a lot of walking. They have a ton of turnover. The break-room has lots of snacks for purchase. They have 4 hour blocks you can work so it’s really flexible.

Pros

Snacks for sale in the break room.

Cons

Pay

The pay was good but working wasn't easy!!

The pay was good but working in the fulfillment center was miserable with the heat and every minute of your time spent in the building was calculated...even when you clocked back from lunch to go back to your station it was counted against you during your MANDATORY 11 hours shifts! Working at Amazon, you're just a person with a badge; the only thing that matters to the company is, time is money! The job was not worth the physical stress on the body!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hot work environment & Over worked!

Great place to have as first job

Company will break you physically and mentally with trying to make rates. During peak weak pods were so full it was impossible to put anything in them so rates were very low. It was addressed to the team leads but employees were getting write ups because of low rates.

Fun while it lasted

Night Shift was fun and fast. The manager was great and met great people. Did my job very well. It’s all about what warehouse you’re at and what type of people are in management

Coo for juss start long term no bueno

Trash was over working for little too no pay why stress myself out if u get no good outcome they don’t care about workers juss if u rush too complete orders too do nothing and get vto if u want

Pros

Cons

Short breaks low pay short shift

it is a sweat shop, I felt like a number

strenuous working conditions leading to burn out. I was physically and mentally exhausted after two years at Amazon. I felt mine was a dehumanizing job.

Applied to a different apartment, got placed in fresh

Overworked. Uncaring management. Lots of people get fired if they don’t meet the quota. Hard to pick the schedule you want. No app. Need to log onto Amazon job site every time to see if there’s any available shifts. No emails or notifications to let you know when it’s posted. Disliked the shift hours. 4:45 - 3. 4 till whenever.

Cons

Short breaks. Easily sick. Hard to grab shifts

Awful management and HR

The Tier I employees at the job are by far the best part of this job. Everything from managers to HR is what makes this job terrible. From enforcing ridiculous rates for hours on end to just being rude, I will never consider working here again. The people that are Tier I are usually golden, but the management is awful and treats its employees terribly. Let it be known that those Tier I employees are some of the most amazing people I have ever gotten to know. The turnover rate is awful, and the warehouse is falling apart, but those employees are strong-willed and hard-working. Amazon has the responsibility to do better for them.

Okay

It's great for awhile. but I would say go when its time to go, you'll know when you've outgrown it. I am grateful for having a job during the pandemic and having steady pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amazon.com.
Powered byComparably

Compare Amazon.com with

Learn about Amazon.com in Kent, WA

• Amazon.com
  • Kent, WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?